im scared to be raptured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
netminder0 said:
BonoV, did I ever say that sarcasm is a sin? No. Let's just ask him ... Irvine, have you accepted Jesus as the world's Saviour?

i feel as if i've been tied to a chair in a North Korean prison cell, there's a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling, and i'm being forced to confess something.

you're a really piss-poor messenger for God.

netminder0 said:
BonoV, did I ever say that sarcasm is a sin? No. Let's just ask him ... Irvine, have you accepted Jesus as the world's Saviour?

Oh, but you implied.

I know Irvine's response. You know why, I've seen him state it.

I didn't have to judge or assume anything. Something you may want to learn.

netminder0 said:
Think about this logically ... do you think someone who believes what I believe, would be speaking in extreme sarcasm towards me about our shared beliefs? You tell me. I made a statement that was my opinion on whether or not Irvine believes in Jesus. Obviously only God can truly know someone's heart.

But you did not say that it was your opinion, you stated it as fact, and you followed up with another post saying you can see a change in a person when then do believe in Jesus.

Once again you have contradicted yourself.

And for the record, I do believe Jesus died for my sins. I also believe that there is no way on earth for that to be proven, so it is a belief, not a fact. But it doesn't have to be a fact, because ultimately whether I believe it or not matters to no one except for me and God.

netminder0 said:
Why do you feel you're being forced? All I've done is ask a simple question.

you already know the answer you're looking for.

i disagree with vritually *everything* you've written, so if i were to say "yes," i would be agreeing to YOUR interpretation of God/Jesus/Scripture.

and, as i've said, you're interpretation is pretty shitty at best.

Yeah dudes .. this isn't going anywhere.

I'll just leave you all with this:

God loves you ... so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for your sins. He is the Way.

You all do with that whatever you want to.

netminder0 said:
Yeah dudes .. this isn't going anywhere.

I'll just leave you all with this:

God loves you ... so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for your sins. He is the Way.

You all do with that whatever you want to.

dozens of posts in this thread, and it was the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.

yolland said:

Considering the way this thread has unfolded :drunk: --I think perhaps you might be better off discussing all this with your priest, local youth group leader, or similar...in other words, someone who actually knows you personally and is thus in a position to actually take a personal interest in your issues.

I agree 100%.

Irvine511 said:
got any vodka?

Yep, well, actually it's laboratory alcohol but you won't find a cleaner hangover and after this horror of a thread I am sure that I'll prefer that. Let's blame whomever killed Kenny and get back to our lives.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Really you thought this was about Christianity?:huh:

BVS, don't you realize, some Christians are better than others?

and thus ends another FYM thread that makes me realize that i want little to do with the devout and pious and arrogant.

This thread started to go bad when people who do not hold a Christian viewpoint and even an athiest or two started answering questions that were clearly not intended for them. It was obvious that the person who started this thread wanted some Christian answers for a Christian issue.

That's my true feelings on the matter. I'm not judging anyone for this, because at one point or another, I think most of us have stuck our nose into threads that were clearly not meant for us. I know I have.

Like Yolland said, I think that issues such as are much better to be discussed with people you know and trust, not people on an online forum.

yolland said:
Otherwise, for the time being, I'll let this discussion proceed so long as it stays reasonably civil.
Terminus reached, I'm afraid.

If you consider your point of view non-negotiable...why bother submitting it for negotiation by starting a discussion?

Likewise, if you understand yourself to be arguing with someone whose views on the topic are non-negotiable...why bother to keep arguing?

It's a gesture of bad faith in the value of maintaining trust and civility all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom