I'm off to see Tim Kaine with Barack Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
They're having a rally in Norfolk today, I still can't believe I'm actually going to see Barack in person.

Meanwhile, with 9 days to go Tim is starting to inch ahead in the polls. Two seperate polls came out recently that had had him behind the entire race, now have him ahead.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/29/AR2005102901449.html

This race is VERY important...it's essentially a referendum on Gov. Mark Warner, a 2008 candidate, as well as an indicator to how the 2006 midterms may go. If you're not paying close attention to it yet, pay attention. It will have a big effect on the direction of this country politically.

As for Barack Obama...I'll be sure and take tons of photos and report back about what he has to say! :hyper:

Can I just say wow...that was amazing!!!!

Barack is an incredible speaker. After everyone was done speaking I shouted with a friend "WE LOVE YOU BARACK!" he turned around and said "I love you back!" :cute:

Tim of course saw me and gave me a great big hug. He has a cold, but he's still incredibly fired up. We've got the momentum in the final stretch!

Photos:
http://photobucket.com/albums/c80/rfkdemocrat/

Thanks, we need it. We might be able to pull this off...at this point the biggest obstacle is the massive GOP get out the vote machine. We HAVE to outdo them with GOTV otherwise a lead in the polls will mean nothing.

I still hate myself for not watching the Democratic National Convention TV coverage last year on the night Barack was speaking.

I hope Tim wins, U2democrat!

I

am

insane.

Tomorrow at 5:30 IN THE MORNING I'm going to the shipyard downtown to greet Tim and hand out campaign lit to the workers who come. I NEVER get up that early for ANYTHING. Wow. :coocoo: I need help.

It was SO much fun this morning! :hyper:

I got there and the sun hadn't even begun to rise, and the look on Tim's face when he saw me was priceless! It made everything worth it. But it was fun interacting with the workers and watching him interact with the workers. It was an early start...but a great start to the day :up:

Oh haha I told Tim my roommate thinks I'm crazy and he said "Oh well we all know you're crazy but you're a good crazy I like good crazies." :lol:

U2democrat said:
It was SO much fun this morning! :hyper:

I got there and the sun hadn't even begun to rise, and the look on Tim's face when he saw me was priceless! It made everything worth it. But it was fun interacting with the workers and watching him interact with the workers. It was an early start...but a great start to the day :up:

Oh haha I told Tim my roommate thinks I'm crazy and he said "Oh well we all know you're crazy but you're a good crazy I like good crazies." :lol:

:up:

i am very happy to be a registered VA voter.

so ... any bets on when ultra-blue NoVA (even Fairfax County went blue in 2004!) is going to revolt against the rest of the state?

:lol:

Hopefully November 8! Just get out that vote, that's our biggest worry at this point is that the GOP GOTV machine will get out the votes even more people like Kaine, they can get more Kilgore voters to the polls, so we MUST outdo them.

Tim Kaine talked to my mom this morning. He introduced her to former Governor (now mayor of Richmond) Doug Wilder and said "This lady's daughter is the most dedicated, hard working person you'll ever meet." Tim rocks. :rockon:

u2democrat, your blind ambition to support all things "democrat" is in theory, no better than those who blindly praise republicans for anything.

who says it's a blind ambition? i always examine the candidates and the issues...and if a democrat in a certain race is a moron i most likely would not support them. It's not blind ambition...it's passion.

Zoomerang96 said:
u2democrat, your blind ambition to support all things "democrat" is in theory, no better than those who blindly praise republicans for anything.

:eyebrow:

before bashing people personally, it would probably be a good idea if you paid attention to what they post over an extended period of time so you don't come off like a complete fool when you do decide to bash an individual.

that was NOT me bashing her. i was merely saying what i observed of her "enthusiasm".

what she does is her own business, and if she has enthusiasm for something, that's great. but i look at her handle, i look at her avatar, i look at her signature, i look at her posts and i look at her location and it's electioneering. my comment was an observation.

Back
Top Bottom