I'm Against Their Mark Of The Beast System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
How does that have anything to do with his physical ability to drive? He complied and gave his fingerprints anyway. Aren't there numerous drivers on the roads these days who act like "nut jobs" and retain their licenses?

http://www.turnto23.com/news/13430314/detail.html?subid=22100581&qs=1;bp=t

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- A local man is in hot water with the Department of Motor Vehicles after challenging their rules by referring to the Bible.

Leo Serrano has strong political convictions, and he is not afraid to let people know them.

Last February, Serrano went to renew his driver's license and told DMV officials he was against placing his fingerprints into their digital system, citing political and religious reasons.

"I'm against their mark of the beast system," Serrano said he told a DMV agent.

But he complied anyway and placed his thumb print on the fingerprint pad. A few weeks later, he received his license. But last week he said he found out his driver's license had been suspended.

He said he called the DMV and asked why. He was told his comment about the mark of the beast had been flagged.

The reference is from the Book of Revelations in the Bible. It refers to the end of days and the mark of the devil.

Serrano said he was given a medical form to fill out and was told to call a driver's safety official with the DMV in Fresno.

A DMV spokesperson told ABC23 that they can't discuss Serrano's case because he was flagged for medical reasons.

"They're making me out be a nut," he said, referring to the medical evaluation.

But the form is not a mental evaluation. Instead, it's a physical evaluation of a driver's ability to operate a vehicle.

"I don't feel I have to comply," said Serrano. He said he was already issued his license.

Serrano said he plans on suing the DMV for violating his right to privacy and right to free speech. In the meantime, Serrano is continuing to drive.

Because those are the words he used to search for the thread :)

So the guy equated fingerprinting with the mark of the beast, but then he complied anyway? What a rebel! :lol:

I know that :) I was just wondering if the red had anything to do with, say, Satan?

Church%20Lady.jpg

:D

Let's face it, using the phrase "mark of the best" in public makes someone seem strange. But the fact is that it was a physical and not a mental evaluation. With the publicity I'm sure the RMV will just drop it. I just wonder how they can justify that if you're not supposed ot be "flagged' for saying something like that. Maybe he said other things, maybe it was his behavior.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction on the part of the DMV...reminds me of the Muslims who got bounced off that plane for praying.

Back
Top Bottom