Ignorance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.

---oh and where have you been BonoVox???

I am sure most of you dont like people being PC, yet alot it seems to me that PC runs rammpat in FYM.

Justin what you said was totally inappropriate (and invited being labeled ignorant to be perfectly honest with you) and you should just leave it at that. And not try to start further arguments especially with individuals here.

Justin24 said:
I am sure most of you dont like people being PC, yet alot it seems to me that PC runs rammpat in FYM.

There's a difference between "PC" and crude, inappropriate, tactless, whatever word you want to use. I don't mean to insult you, just trying a little constructive criticism. Most people here are willing to listen to the viewpoints of others if they're stated in a respectful manner.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Justin what you said was totally inappropriate (and invited being labeled ignorant to be perfectly honest with you) and you should just leave it at that. And not try to start further arguments especially with individuals here.

:yes:

Justin24 said:
When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.

---oh and where have you been BonoVox???

I'm so glad I got welcomed back with such a special thread.

ignorance - The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Your comment was one of the most uninformed comments I've seen in FYM, and I've been here awhile. It has nothing to do with not agreeing with ideals, don't play the martyr here.

MrsSpringsteen said:

There's a difference between "PC" and crude, inappropriate, tactless, whatever word you want to use. I don't mean to insult you, just trying a little constructive criticism. Most people here are willing to listen to the viewpoints of others if they're stated in a respectful manner.

I will take these words and will value them. When I wrote that I did not mean for it to be crude and I apologize. And the title of this thread was not meant to call you ignorant BonoVox, I did not see you for a while on FYM and wanted to know where you have been.

Last edited:
When someone behaves like a troll on a continuous basis....Then you should be treated like a troll.

You can express your conservative values without pissing off half of the board with ignorant, deliberate, hateful posts.

But you see when some one does post a conservative view, you treat them differently. How do you know the Posts are deliberatly posted to start a flame war. When I started that post that I asked to be closed, it was a questioner. So are you saying you have never in your life acted like a troll??

[Q]Originally posted by Justin24
When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.[/Q]

Horseshite! People are considered ignorant when they present their ideals in a god awful manner.

Most of the regular liberals on this board have defended my conservatism and my presence in this forum when push comes to shove.

[Q]---oh and where have you been BonoVox???
[/Q]

This is borderline personal. Be glad I am not a mod.

Re: Re: Ignorance?

Dreadsox said:
[Q]Originally posted by Justin24

[Q]---oh and where have you been BonoVox???
[/Q]

This is borderline personal. Be glad I am not a mod.

Um I was just wondering were he was thats all. So people who post other shit that may be bad is ok as long as it's Anti-everything you dont agree with??

Dreadsox said:

You can express your conservative values without pissing off half of the board with ignorant, deliberate, hateful posts.

This is very good advice Justin

The fact is you made that comment about bvs (where have you been) in the same post in which you started a spin off thread (which aren't allowed) because he called your comment in that other thread ignorant, so what are people supposed to think? Your reply that you were just wondering where he was doesn't wash because of that, it seems personal because of that whether that was your intent or not.

It has nothing to do with "anti everything you don't agree with", it has to do with what you say and how you say it-which also has nothing to do with "pc" as I tried to explain to you previously.

I am trying hard not to look like such an ignorant ass (even though,I may have. Which I will admit, but who has not been ignorant?)

A lack of political correctness does not mean having a license to be an asshole. If I started harping on your rather questionable spelling and grammar, which I'm sure you wouldn't like, would you like it if I justified by saying, "I'm not PC?"

Just exercise some common sense and mutual respect. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is good advice and is something that both Christians and secular humanists alike can agree upon.

Melon

Listen everyone has a right to say something it is freedom of speech right, and sometime it can make people saying it look really stupid. I am sorry I dont have the best Grammar or spelling around. I did not mean to offened any one.

You have as much of a right to express your views here as I do. The fact that I'm a liberal is totally irrelevant. You don't have to use disagreement with the majority to give license to be a troll. I defend the rights of conservatives in this forum. Some of my favorite posters here are conservatives, and I've never gotten on their case because they're conservatives. We don't get on each other's case for this sort of thing around here, we criticize each other if we think someone made a mistake or whatever, not because of some damn labels. I can be conservative sometimes and liberal sometimes, I think the labels are overrated and overused.

Justin24 said:
Listen everyone has a right to say something it is freedom of speech right, and sometime it can make people saying it look really stupid. I am sorry I dont have the best Grammar or spelling around. I did not mean to offened any one.

It takes a lot to offend me, and, as such, you haven't offended me yet. However, some of what you have said could be taken that way, and merely brushing it off as "political correctness" is a cop out.

And, for the record, I was using your spelling and grammar as an example of something that someone COULD try and be an asshole with. It's not something that I would actually do, and I would not think highly of anyone who did. After all, the internet is international and there are many people where English is not their first language. Plus, on top of it, no one said that you had to be an English teacher to be here.

Melon

Justin24 said:

You still don't get it, do you? This isn't a matter of free speech. Quit trying to hide behind "it's my right", "I'm not PC", etc You aren't the martyr here.

Think about what you said. Now think about all the sexual organs and body parts used in heteosexual sex, all of which have other uses, all of which can carry disease. Therefore your trying to make it exclusive to homosexual sex incorrect. Therefore ignorant. Not conservative, not unPC, just plain ignorant.

I never said it was only for homosexuals, I said everyone, ok Hetrosexuals do the same thing too.

Justin24 said:
I never said it was only for homosexuals, I said everyone, ok Hetrosexuals do the same thing too.

I didn't say you did.

:banghead:

You missed my point.

Nevermind you are just going to ignore and avoid the stupidity of your comments by any means.

I have no idea what this is all about but was just excited to see BVS's name in the Last Post column. Welcome back. I haven't been around much myself.

:wave:

Justin perhaps this forum isnt for you.

This thread seems to be a spin off from your earlier thread, which is not allowed.

I strongly suggest possibly taking a break from this forum for a bit, perhaps not post as much, or start as many topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom