If they were alive today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
So I've been thinking... if certain famous people in history did not die a premature death and lived on a natural longevity... who do you think would change the world, if they were still alive today?

Here's are some of my thoughts (pls. excuse the commentaries):

John Lennon
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kurt Cobain
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dang it.. can't think free-handly...
someone help me out here pls.

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

Sorry to be a party pooper, but my main thought here is that if Kurt Cobain hadn't killed himself, he would not be deified like he is today and people would realize that he was not the amazing genius he is held up to be.

Just my two cents.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
So I've been thinking... if certain famous people in history did not die a premature death and lived on a natural longevity... who do you think would change the world, if they were still alive today?

John Lennon
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kurt Cobain
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

If MLK were still alive, we wouldn't have to put up with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

If Lennon were still alive, we'd still have to put up with Yoko.

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:

John Lennon
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Kurt Cobain
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

If so happened , THERE IS NO U2 , THERE IS NO INTEREFERNCE , NO ELVIS , SICILIAN GODDESS , NO BEARS , NO BEN LADEN , NO MTV , NO IVAN CLAYTON JNR ( FUCK HIM ANYWAY !! ) , NO STAR WARS , NO DAVE , NO FUTURE ( FOR I? ME?? MINE??? ) , NO TERMINATOR , NO SNICKERS , NO ...............

If you believe the western sun
is falling down on everyone .
You're breaking free and the morning's come .
If you would know your time has come .

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 10-23-2001).]

Joan of Arc. But I doubt I'd like to see her still alive. Not till 2001 eh.

Princess Di.

hmmmm
smile.gif

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Sorry to be a party pooper, but my main thought here is that if Kurt Cobain hadn't killed himself, he would not be deified like he is today and people would realize that he was not the amazing genius he is held up to be.

Just my two cents.

You can pay for me too in that case
biggrin.gif

I dunno if hed have changed the world, but Jeff Buckley would have become one of the top artists we have seen...

Jonathan Larson- the composer of Rent. If he hadn't died so tragically, I think he would have changed the face of musical theater in the same way that Sondheim did.

My grandfather. He wasn't famous, and he never really did anything for the world. But we had a great relationship when I was young, and I would love to be able to talk to him about the things we couldn't when I was a little girl. He was a strong and wonderful man, and I would have loved to have heard his lectures on life, love and character.

I also would've liked to have met President Reagan. I know he's not deceased, but his personality is.

And Shakespeare, duh.

Back
Top Bottom