If GWB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Let's just say Bush never went to Iraq and focused on Afghanistan would you still be calling him an idiot or the worst president ever etc...?????????????

Considering all the things that have happened since 2003 I think that your question is impossible to answer. Would the deficit be as insane if the invasion of Iraq had never taken place? Would the situation in Afganisthan have gotten so far out of hand? I really don't know but I lean towards saying no. The decision to invade Iraq stands as his biggest mistake.

Justin24 said:
Let's just say Bush never went to Iraq and focused on Afghanistan would you still be calling him an idiot or the worst president ever etc...?????????????

his domestic agenda has still been a disaster -- he's essentially used the government to fund right-wing social programs, gutted environmental protections, and has told me that i am an enemy to American families.

I think we probably would, just because he wouldn't have made a giant mistake in Iraq does not mean that he would not have make a giant mistake somewhere else, domestic or foreign.

Justin24 said:

that is a decent question

we certainly would have better relationships with many nations

more would have been accomplished in Afghanistan, perhaps we would have gotten OBL

there would be 2600 American soldiers still alive

the infrastructure of Iraq would still be intact (as much as it was)

Iran would not be embolden

this Iraq war will go down in history as
W's worst blunder

so, without Iraq W would still be a poor President,
but the case for worst would not be bullet-proof

Why do you care, Justin24? Is your stake in the success of Bush that great that you really care? I mean, honestly.

If, if, if. But he did, do those things, didn't he? He DID do those things.

If we were never wondering and speaking out the 'if's', what kind of world would this be? Yes, the things happened, and yes, things went how they went. But we can still wonder.

He'd still be a dumb fuck, but maybe not as dangerous a dumb fuck.

BonosSaint said:
He'd still be a dumb fuck, but maybe not as dangerous a dumb fuck.

:laugh: and he still wouldn't be able to pronounce nuclear :wink:

Seriously, maybe the US would have captured OBL. That wouldn't stop al-Qaida but maybe it would have ultimately been significantly weakened. And Iraq fueled so much insurgency, hatred, and ultimately more anger and terrorism. Afghanistan might have been the same thing, who knows.

Kieran McConville said:
Why do you care, Justin24? Is your stake in the success of Bush that great that you really care? I mean, honestly.

If, if, if. But he did, do those things, didn't he? He DID do those things.

A valid attempt to isolate and further define criticisms.

If you look at posts here over the last months, some of the criticisms of GWB are practically cut and paste over and over. Doesn't do too much to provide further analysis to a discussion.

nbcrusader said:
If you look at posts here over the last months, some of the criticisms of GWB are practically cut and paste over and over. Doesn't do too much to provide further analysis to a discussion.

as are the defenses of the Iraq War ...

:wink:

Frankly, Bush's foreign policy, as a whole, has never been that big of a problem with me. It's always been his domestic policy, or, should I say, the lack thereof. Republicans have a habit of consuming their administrations with so many foreign matters as to cover up their domestic failures (and also to satisfy their "laissex-faire" capitalist philosophy). Bush, Sr. was exactly the same in that regard.

So, yes, I would still consider Bush to be a miserable failure.

Melon

Bush is an absolute failure. He hasn't done anything right. Well, OK, he was right to look for OBL, but he was wrong to divert from that and invade Iraq. I agree with melon that his biggest failure is lack of a domestic policy.

Back
Top Bottom