I Will Abstain from Sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
.......until the new U2 cd comes out. Starting..................................................................................................................................................................NOW!!

Ha... it won't work.

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org

?Je" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org

?Je</A> suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

Oh, yeah? If U2 are as compassionate as we think, why, they'll take one look at my distraught countenance & sad, pathetic eyes and immediately push for the release of their newest record..............................................................................still abstaining.............................................................................................................................................................hum-dee-dum.. ................................................

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
is that when you got married or something 80sBest?

LMAO Wanderer!
biggrin.gif

I love U2, but not that much.........

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by mad1:
I dont know what sex is........
that can't be true
you do have access to the internet

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

To all those voluntarily abstaining from sex;

Good luck.

The thought of celibacy did occur to me once, but unfortunately the rest of my body didn't agree with the brain.

Ant.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by Marko:
Do you do it by your own will, or you have noone to have sex with?
Well, all my life I have believed that I should stay pure till married. In 1990, at the age of 23, I goofed up and had a sexual relationship. We had a son, who died 8 hours after birth. I had never had sex before that and never have since. I do not want to have sex, and that is certainly helped by the fact that the women I hang out with feel the same way.

Ummm, I think that abstaining is unhealthy.

CK

Originally posted by TheU2:

CK
In what way do you mean that? Abstaining from food is unhealthy, abstaining from drink is unhealthy, abstaining from breathin is pretty darned unhealthy, but sex? Why do you say that? Quite frankly, that's one of the oddeest things I've heard in a while, even odder than the post questioning Republicans who are U2 fans...

There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about refraining from sex.
If some people chose this approach in life, we wouldn't have so many babies on our welfare rolls and our orphanages wouldn't need to exist.

I applaud those who can wait till marriage.

[This message has been edited by bonovista (edited 11-14-2001).]

Originally posted by bonovista:
If some people chose this approach in life, we wouldn't have so many babies on our welfare rolls and our orphanages would need to exist.

Very well put. I think judging people for choosing abstinence is unhealthy.

And 80's-I am sorry for your loss, and I admire someone who can be so open on a forum like this about something like that-I know I could NEVER do it.

Originally posted by bonovista:
If some people chose this approach in life, we wouldn't have so many babies on our welfare rolls and our orphanages wouldn't need to exist.

[This message has been edited by bonovista (edited 11-14-2001).]

AIDS/HIV and all the other fun STD's would also be a little less ramped...did i spell that right?...ramped?

------------------
The numeral 7

Hmm...I've abstained for a year now. There,
I've said it!

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Originally posted by Marko:
Do you do it by your own will, or you have noone to have sex with?
Well, all my life I have believed that I should stay pure till married. In 1990, at the age of 23, I goofed up and had a sexual relationship. We had a son, who died 8 hours after birth. I had never had sex before that and never have since. I do not want to have sex, and that is certainly helped by the fact that the women I hang out with feel the same way.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by TheU2:

CK
In what way do you mean that? Abstaining from food is unhealthy, abstaining from drink is unhealthy, abstaining from breathin is pretty darned unhealthy, but sex? Why do you say that? Quite frankly, that's one of the oddeest things I've heard in a while, even odder than the post questioning Republicans who are U2 fans...

I should have clarified that abstaining from sex while in a healthy "relationship" is unhealthy.

CK

I sh

I guess now we know where Bonofnattic got his virus from...

I haven't had sex since.... 2001!!

Ah well, better luck next year!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom