I want to know,....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
1 - Are you a American is you are born in America ?( Even when the parents come from a other country )

2 - Is it possible voor a American civilian to be punished by a Military tribunal ?

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by Rono:
1 - Are you a American is you are born in America ?( Even when the parents come from a other country )

2 - Is it possible voor a American civilian to be punished by a Military tribunal ?

Read you, Rono.

1. Yes, yes I am.

2. I believe so. I think you can get military tribunal only if you're in the military, but I could be way off there.

Originally posted by Rono:

Read you, Rono.

If you are born on American soil (despite parents citizenhip) you are considered American.

I dunno about the second question thou.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Thank you,...

Still want to know the answer on question 2, are the forum profesors awake ?

Not only are you considered American if you are born in the States (regardless of parents), but I have a friend who was born in Canada to two American parents, and he has dual citizenship. Also (this is kinda cool), if you are born in international waters but on a ship with American registry, then you are considered American.

I do know that you don't need to be in a military, per se, to be tried by military tribunal.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
I have a friend who was born in Canada to two American parents, and he has dual citizenship.

yup
biggrin.gif

i'm canadian, my mother is american and my father is scottish.

my uk citizenship is being processed now.
still considering whether i want the american but i'll probably take it in the end for employment opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom