I told you it was a mental disorder-New Book validates diamond findings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends that are right leaning, and, they are all reasonably intelligent, well spoken individuals. I disagree with their politics, but I can usually have a balanced and sensical discussion with them.

This, however, and when I say "this" I of course do not just mean this thread, but this thread specifically is a tough pill to swallow, be it meant seriously, tongue in cheek or somewhere in-between. And the follow up replies always run the gamut from laughable to incredibly disrespectful.

Worth ignoring, basically, as I usually do, so, why I'm in here now I do not know.

diamond said:

Here's peer review for you sweetheart:

Dr. Rossiter's very illuminating and insightful book answers questions that many of us have asked about the essentially childlike behavior of liberals - for instance, their temper tantrums, sense of entitlement, intolerance, and grandiosity. While listing any number of liberals' infantile expectations - from a powerful parental government to a guarantee of material security from the state to laws that punish the "haves" for their excesses and compensate the "have-nots" for their pangs of envy to an international caring agenda that understands everyone's hardships and tolerates destructive actions by others, the list goes on - Rossiter concludes that, "these and other goals dear to the modern liberal heart are remarkable for the childhood needs they address and the adult needs they ignore." This is an important resource for those seeking to understand what makes the liberals among us tick. Joan Swirsky, NY-based journalist and author.

Sadly, you probably believe that this is what 'peer-reviewed' means.

diamond said:
"When the modern conservative mind whines about 1) imaginary victims, rages against 2) imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of 3) persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the conservative mind becomes painfully obvious".

1. See: persecuted Christians, War on Christmas
2. See: Homosexuals, activist judges, higher education, "liberal" media
3. See: Homosexuals, (pro-choice) women

Last edited:
1. See: persecuted Christians, War on Christmas
2. See: Homosexuals, activist judges
3. See: Homosexuals, (pro-choice) women

Don't forget higher education and affirmative action...

The white man is discriminated against and universities aren't helping...

LemonMelon said:

I don't have enough freedom. May I have yours?

No, because there is a woman, homosexual, or a brown person waiting to steal as much of mine as they can... I have to hold on to as much as I can.

It looks self-published (you try to find Free World Books, LLC anywhere other than in conjunction with this book). Hell even the conservatives didn't want to be associated with this book! :lol:

liberalism – and its associated madness

Bush Derangement Syndrome
Coulter Derangement Syndrome
FoxNews Derangement Syndrome
Rove Derangement Syndrome
SUV Derangement Syndrome
Waterboarding Derangement Syndrome
Walmart Derangement Syndrome

i'm not quite sure to say.
but i'm somewhat certain that diamond is taking the piss...
maybe the author or the book is too.

liberalism is a mental disorder?

it's not surprising i guess. you can create science to back anything. everyone knows nazis were even able "prove" jews were evil through various experiments, including head/nose measurements.

at any rate, while i value freedom of speech, as hard as it is to stomach sometimes, i think i should also be free to say that people who hold these opinions should be physically punished.

yes, that's right.

they should be allowed to publish their bullshit... but i should be allowed to do what i please with them as well.

that's freedom, guys.

There's many legitimate holes in the views of conservatives. There aren't nearly as many in the views of liberals. It's pretty simple and straightforward.

Also, diamond is a terrible spokesperson for the GOP.

phillyfan26 said:
There's many legitimate holes in the views of conservatives. There aren't nearly as many in the views of liberals. It's pretty simple and straightforward.

Well, hang on a sec there, pfan. It's not really that simple or straightforward.

Exiting liberal thinking requires thinking outside of the box.
It's a fearful step for most.

dbs

That's the opposite of what's true.

I find US conservatives to be the most stubborn, concrete thinkers on the face of the planet when it comes to politics.

In your opinion, is concrete thinking a good thing or a bad thing, diamond?

I'm looking for an honest answer here.

when i think of concrete thinking, i think of critical and logical thought; not emotional based reasoning.

therefore, concrete thinking is a good thing.

dbs

I always thought concrete thinking meant refusal to see other viewpoints and never thinking outside of the box.

Just what I needed: FYM's resident lunatic trying to tell us that we're crazy. Next, you're going to try and tell me that the world is 6,000 years old and Jesus rode a dinosaur through Jerusalem.

The most bizarre thing about that book is that it is Rossiter's contention that "liberals" are trying to infringe on the right to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness," which, in themselves, are secular liberal values straight out of the Enlightenment. So I guess Rossiter's general conclusion is that "liberals" are destroying "liberalism"? I wouldn't be surprised, since conservatives rarely seem to get their facts straight, preferring, instead, to cite from their own invented form of "reality" (e.g., intelligent design, fundamentalist Christian Founding Fathers, Conservapedia, etc.).

The mere existence of this overtly political, junk science book by a so-called licensed psychologist should be grounds enough to have Rossiter's license wholly revoked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom