I REALLY wish GAY guys would STOP it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Just becuz I have nice shoulders and sing OK..gives YOU NO right, whatsoever to make assumptions..
Thank you.:mad:
I would rather sleep w my exwife..just barely.. HOWEVER-I choose to RUN from BOTH:ohmy:
Thank You-
Diamond
:lol::cool:

Last edited:
I know how you feel; I have the same with straight women. :ohmy:

No wait, they have that problem with me... :|

Oh well

Not long ago, I was walking down the street and this guy comes up to me who I knew was gay even before he talked to me.

he says to me, in the stereotypical gay voice

"boy! aren't we gorgeous? where are you going"

This has never happened before so as you can imagine I was shocked...mostly by the forwardness. I was creeped out!
so I say...."ummm...yeah...I'm going this way now..."

dude follows me!!

so I slip into a bank and wait a sec before going back.

-----------------

Here's the thing.
If a pretty lass had done that I would feel better and I would be very flattered. However, all my alarm systems would go off and my guard would kinda go up. Why is she doing this? She must have some underlying motive.
But bottom line...though I would be shocked I would not be creeped out.

How can I explain this?

I dunno
I think about the gay lifestyle and I get a little grossed out, as immature as I know that is. But just that image and thinking that that is what he desires with me...it all makes me very nautious to tell you the sad truth. (no I cannot spell)
and many of them are sooo forward, they need to relax, act like any other member of the social fabric.
The thing is, a sensible girl will not do that, and I will not be genuinely interested in most girls who are willing to do such a thing to a stranger on the street.

anyway...

thats ma speel

Last edited:
what a way to start the day...

diamond said:
Just becuz I have nice shoulders and sing OK..gives YOU NO right, whatsoever to make assumptions..
Thank you.:mad:

Oh well, I guess they can just sense that your ego is in need of some boosting

:rolleyes:

Is this thread supposed to be 'funny'? :scratch: :eyebrow:

I have nothing wrong with gay people but I hate when famous people decide to tell the nation they are gay JUST before they release their single- I dont understand- why should this make a difference????- its not like straight ppl boast about being straight- i just dont think its right

I remember a girl came onto my once and she was *VERY* forward and was practically sitting on my lap-i ignored her and then she got off with my ex b/f who i was going out with at the time......then i stopped going out with him.....

Re: Re: what a way to start the day...

DrTeeth said:

I thought my part in this thread was very funny :cute:

Dr Teeth-
Yours and Basstraps replies were funny.:yes:

My exp was ironic..thats all:(

Umm and I do find it uncomfortable if any gender approahes and is TOO forward..:huh:

DB9

Last edited:
One of my closest male friends is gay, and he is a total sweetheart. I love being friends with him. I love looking at fashion magazines with him and checkin' out boys together!! :D

Bonochick said:
One of my closest male friends is gay, and he is a total sweetheart. I love being friends with him. I love looking at fashion magazines with him and checkin' out boys together!! :D

Yep, and he's no "threat" to you is he? :up:

Heh. Ive been chatted up by gay guys before. I kinda enjoy it. Its funny, and a compliment, they look for different things a girl looks for, so its a different kinda compliment, its kind of a role reversal, I imagine its like being a girl and having a very forward guy coming onto you, you're the girl for the night. I don't know how to explain it, but Im 100% straight, but have no problem with gay guys coming on to me, as long as they accept the 'thanks, but no thanks'. Its happened 3 or 4 times and Ive never had a problem. And its always been a funny little interlude on the night.
I don't care if someone - regardless of sex - tells you they think you are good looking, cute, whatever, its a great little boost for the night, and if you've ever been to a gay club, you've been to a party.

I meant nothing funny by my reply, diamond
It was a serious commentary on a situation I was in

I'm not against gay people I was just freaked out by this episode.
I know its immature for me to be creeped by it...but its true...it's something I should perhaps deal with

*best uncomfortable costanza voice
i don't think we should really be discussing this.

*best kramer voice

BUT IT'S FREE YOUR MIND, GEORGE!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!

*falls down and hits head

YOU KNOW>

I think there is a bit of humor in this thread...I am not quite sure which image I find funnier....Diamond singing (do you sing love tunes or U2?) and being ogled by a stalker who was probably imagining him nekkked with those great shoulders or basstrap picking up a stray while out for a walk? Bass....do you a saucer of milk on the porch too? MEOWWWW.....Just kidding...I think your problem is with people in general invading your space and assuming something out of you...in general...Women <almost> never do that to a hot guy...not if they want to get to know him.

For one thing diamond.. I dont really think this thread is all that appropriate, and if I get complaints I'll close it.

But I know a few gay people.. Where I dance there's this guy tommy that's gay.. he's a teacher actually, and he is absolutely hilarious.. I love that guy! He is so open about it he doesnt care what people think and I think that's cool.

Last nite he kept drooling over this tall blonde.. :lol: and everyone was laughing cuz he was being so obvious.. and the guy was just kinda lookin at him funny.. ya had to be there. :D

Umm..
I did it as an 'ironic' view of life..:huh:
It wasnt meant to be offensive...
So far from the responses it looks like ppl get the idea-:idea:
If not, I hope this post clarifies: :idea:

DB9

Do we have to keep this stereotype going?

I'm with Sicy...I figured the thread was intended humorously, but it perpetuates a stereotype of gay men that is harmful and untrue. The majority of gay men--just like the majority of all human beings, I would venture--is polite and respectful about being flirtatious. Although I know relatively few gay men, the ones that I do know would never flirt with a man if they knew he was straight--and if they didn't know to begin with, they would stop as soon as they found out.

Pax.
Correct, I would much rather have lunch w certain gay men then certain straight men...Better manners:yes:
They usually dress better than me too:)
Peace-
DB9:cool:

it's ok , that h-people notice you , it means you are extremely sexy and cool .

SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND !!!!!!!

Look , i gotta go , i'm running outta change
there's a lot of things , if i could i rearrange !!!

You the real thing .
:yes: :yes:

You know... this part might need to go to Zoo Confessional or sumptin..

Diamond--

I kinda have the same problem.

I mean, I'm totally straight as an arrow, and always longed for a girlfriend... but my introvert/introspectiveness, social anxiety/awkwardness, and capricious idiosyncrasies always at times seem to beg people (straight and gay) to ask "Is he or isn't he?" :silent: And it's like they think they know all about gays but they never cease their urge to talk about such fascinations and speculations.

And it's always seems like people think whatever they say is the ultimate judgement on the other person (e.g. me)... They'll say: "He prolly is, but just doesn't know it yet."

I mean, I'm not flamboyant or anything... but I do have a dark, gloomy temperament, always carrying a dark cloud over my head, so to speak... I'm usually uncomfortable in social situations (a la agoraphobia/social anxiety)... and I have a totally deflated self-esteem/self-confidence because of extreme psychological trauma and stress....

All of which goes to show that I'm pretty fucked up!! but people see me and say "He's gay."

It's been 12 years since I've been in therapy... I'm almost considered (by mental health workers) as bipolar manic-depressive type II paranoid schizophrenic w/ schizotypal personality disorder and post-traumatic stress syndrome... (but NOT gay... ) :mad: except for the fact that i'm not a lifer in a psychiatric hospital...

And I'm not being a defensive homophobic either... I've just had direct, personal experience that drove me to paranoid tendencies to the nth degree, because fucking kids in high school would shut the fuck up with the faggot slander that spread across the hometown and the whole town reacted with homophobia... and I'm getting shit from them about things that were never true.... :mad: :mad: :GAO: :GAO: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Don't you just love the contradictions, Please let's all spoon feed each other teaspoons of hypocrisy...

Sicy[/i] [B]I dont really think this thread is all that appropriate said:

I do indeed remember Republicans WANTING to starve kids, kill the elderly, and destroy the environment. Well, practice does make perfect...so eventually they might accomplish this. So much for compassionate conservatism...

I think this is exponentially more harmful and untrue than just using a tangible example to call out the big menace that Gays like to Walk down Fifth Avenue Under banners of rainbows with a Meter long Foam Rubber Penis swaying back and forth as if it's God's Grace to Men... Not to mention the Flourescent Thongulators.. TH-poken For.

Consistency.. Consistency..

*Bumps up TheU2s 'Gay Voice' Thread.. Then cuts my toenails*

L.Unplugged

Last edited:
Lemonite said:
Don't you just love the contradictions, Please let's all spoon feed each other teaspoons of hypocrisy...

What the crap are you talking about now?

one house away from me , there is a gay couple living , they are very friendly , they speak with funny voices , and they invite other gays for partys , one is italian ala Soprano boss fatso , and his furer mate looks like came from Munchen , blond mustache :cool: .. i remember quite some number of them on U2 elevation concerts .

Back
Top Bottom