I REALLY wish GAY guys would STOP it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:

Well, melon, I know some gay men who are like that. However, I also know some gay men who are total opposites.

Stereotypes suck, but SOMETIMES people do fit the description.

Very true, Bonochick, but in my opinion people tend to more often than not speak of gays/lesbians in primarily stereotypical terms...kind of like if everytime a woman mentioned a man it was with regard to to drinking beer and belching or if men always talked about women in terms of painting their toenails and watching soap operas.

Last edited:
You know what I've always found funny? A few of my friends admitted that they were bi-sexuals or lesbians. It didn't bother me at all, but it did bother some of our other friends. They would say things like, "Aren't you afraid she's going to hit on you or try to make out with you?"

So many people think that just because a woman is a lesbian that she will try to get on every single woman she encounters...just like they think that every gay man is attracted to every single man that they encounter. Sheesh, it's not like a heterosexual is attracted to every person of the opposite sex...why would it be any different for the attractions of homosexuals?

hmmm..This is in response to Basstraps reply and a few other replies.

In Newfoundland there arent many gays are there. When my jazz band whent there we had a grand time. All the guys decided it would be fun to dance ontop of each other in the streets, wink at any guy who looked at them funny, etc. Half the school there thought they were gay.

One thing I never did understand was why do famous gay people make it such a big deal thet they are gay? I mean, you don't see a straight person going around making a big deal about being straight. I know people say that it's not common to be gay but still, if it's natural to them why make a big deal about it?

I think I need to some out of the closet...I'm...I'm....I'm straight. *gasp!* OMG I can't believe it! What a shock..

Okay that was kinda lame. But you get my point? If someone came out of the closet and said they are gay making a big deal about it isn't wierd like that just was.

Thats just my 2 cents.

RavenStar said:

One thing I never did understand was why do famous gay people make it such a big deal thet they are gay? I mean, you don't see a straight person going around making a big deal about being straight. I know people say that it's not common to be gay but still, if it's natural to them why make a big deal about it?

I think I need to some out of the closet...I'm...I'm....I'm straight. *gasp!* OMG I can't believe it! What a shock..

Perhaps it would be a shock if being straight were looked down upon as being gay has historically been and, I'm sorry to say, still is. Straight people don't make a big deal out of being straight because it is still the accepted way to be. They don't have to come out of the closet because there was no need for them to be in the closet in the first place. This was not and, frankly, still is not the case for gay people.

As for famous gay people making a big deal about their sexuality, I think it's precisely because they feel being gay is natural, not in spite of this. Not to say anything gives off the impression that it is something to hide and that they are bowing to outside pressure to keep it hidden. Proclaiming their sexuality for all to hear projects precisely the opposite view: not only is it not something to hide, it is something to be proud of.

I can see your point in terms of some celebrities using coming out as a publicity stunt, but I don't think that means we should denegrate the entire process.

RavenStar said:
hmmm..This is in response to Basstraps reply and a few other replies.

In Newfoundland there arent many gays are there. When my jazz band whent there we had a grand time. All the guys decided it would be fun to dance ontop of each other in the streets, wink at any guy who looked at them funny, etc. Half the school there thought they were gay.

Okay that was kinda lame. But you get my point? If someone came out of the closet and said they are gay making a big deal about it isn't wierd like that just was.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Most of the time, I don't even think its the famous gay person making the big deal...its the media and the public endlessly speculating "is he or isn't he?" I think that most gay celebs/famous people would rather not discuss their sexuality but its kind of forced upon them. They can either admit it or the tabloids will out them anyway so they decide to go ahead and come out.

Straight people don't need to "admit" to anything because being straight is considered "normal" and being gay is considered "abnormal". Until society starts accepting gays as "normal" it will always be a big deal to some people.

I hate the fact that being gay means being different. I love it when someone finds another person who makes them happy, regardless if they are gay or straight. Some of my gay friends miss out on so much in life because they always have to hide one huge aspect of their life (the person they love) from their boss or their brother who wouldn't understand, etc. It sucks.

Maybe Diamond
But so freaking what?

I mean I have brown hair naturally, but sometimes I highlight it blonde but i don't go around bragging about it because it is obvious.

But then again, there is nothing wrong with brown hair or blonde highlights. If society in America would catch up with other countries on this issue, then would we need Gay Pride parades?

ALthough I do find it courageous for individuals to fight this battle I think it is also unhealthy for them in the stress they endure and the way our culture looks down on them.

Other than a neighbor I had at my old house who was a stalker, I believe, I have no problem with homosexuality.

I REALLY wish STRAIGHT guys would STOP it!!

Well Diamond, welcome to the world of women. Do you have any idea what it is like to be treated like that by men every day? I can't walk down the street without being yelled out out of car windows, honked at, asked if "those legs go all the way up" (classy), or told that I have a nice rack, (even if I am walking with my dad or my little brothers!) Men at the libarary I worked at would come up to the desk and stare at my chest while pretending to talk to me. I get my ass grabbed in bars, I have head butted 6 guys in mosh pits for grabbing my chest and, well, I am fuckin sick of it. Yes I am straight, and you know what I don't appreciate it anyway. I think that the majority of straight guys have such a problem with gay men, because they don't want to be treated the way that they treat women. Two of my best friends are gay. One is a man, who is not that stupid or skanky, and the other is a woman who's wedding I am going to be in soon. They are much more courtious and smarter than the majoprity of straight guy I know. SO if you want it to not be ok for gay men to treat you that then I suggest you start treating everyone the way you want to be treated. If you are not into being sexualized then don't sexualize others. Because if it is ok for someone to do it, then it is ok for everyone to do it. Until that day I suggest you just suck it up. Damn it's a compliment. Right? At least that's what the assholes always say...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
Most of the time, I don't even think its the famous gay person making the big deal...its the media and the public endlessly speculating "is he or isn't he?" I think that most gay celebs/famous people would rather not discuss their sexuality but its kind of forced upon them. They can either admit it or the tabloids will out them anyway so they decide to go ahead and come out.
i agree. especially the homosexuals who have been in the music business for a while. i remember for years, people speculated about people like elton john and george michael. of course, they were privately homosexual, but didn't feel the need to flaunt it. it wasn't until they were basically sick and tired of the media speculating and bothering them that they finally admitted it.

i don't think famous people like that are necessarily uncomfortable about it or anything, they just respect their privacy. even straight celebrities are private where their personal life is concerned. there are actors who won't give the names of their boy/girlfriend, or the father of their child. even the members of U2, who don't let their children be photographed that often. it's not necessarily a straight/gay thing, but just that there are some famous people who want their privacy, and some who don't.

Re: I REALLY wish STRAIGHT guys would STOP it!!

notiti said:
I think that the majority of straight guys have such a problem with gay men, because they don't want to be treated the way that they treat women. SO if you want it to not be ok for gay men to treat you that then I suggest you start treating everyone the way you want to be treated. If you are not into being sexualized then don't sexualize others. Because if it is ok for someone to do it, then it is ok for everyone to do it. Until that day I suggest you just suck it up. Damn it's a compliment. Right? At least that's what the assholes always say...:rolleyes:

That was beautiful! :up:

Yo-
Notiti-

The idea of the thread was..hating unwanted sexual advances..
I titled it thar way to provoke interst:)
Melon even understands this:idea:
Keeping it Krunk:dance: :larry: :cool:
DB9:angry: :cool:

Last edited:
diamond said:
Yo-
Notiti-

The idea of the thread was..hating unwanted sexual advances..
I titled it thar way to provoke interst:)
Melon even understands this:idea:
Keeping it Krunk:dance: :larry: :cool:
DB9:angry: :cool:

ok, then in all fairness.....at least from what i know of you....notiti's advice is still very aplicable to you.....do unto others, right? :angry:

Re: You tell 'em.

deep said:
Deep-
Other then being a closet lurker/instigator/gossiper..what are you doing here?
Are you trying to pick a fight w your own brother in a public forum?
Ms. Stories-
You DONT know me..
You really dont:idea:
You never will.
If I ever offended you..
I sincerely apologize.

Mr Deep.

You disgust me.

Your brother-

Dave:

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:

ok, then in all fairness.....at least from what i know of you....notiti's advice is still very aplicable to you.....do unto others, right? :angry:

Ya kiddo upon thinking about it..you are right though..:)
It has been a growing/learning process..for me:)
I think I am alot more sensitive to other ppl's boundries..(in all areas )
-even since joining this forum.:ohmy:
Life is a growth process:)
Thank you for Ms Stories for partailly enlightening me in that area.

Sincerely-
DB9
:idea:

Last edited:
RavenStar said:

In Newfoundland there arent many gays are there

no, not at all
relative to the rest of the country
and the hick people here handle it really childishly

if you wear certain clothes or listen to certain music you're a "fag"

I'd like to think I'm more mature than that

my response to this person was due to
a)never having encountered it before
b)his behavior towards me. i.e. following me up the street to the point where I went into a bank to "escape"

it is flattering, I suppose, that somebody could just randomly find me good looking...but it was still a creepy experience!

Re: Re: You tell 'em.

diamond said:

Deep-
Other then being a closet lurker/instigator/gossiper..what are you doing here?
Are you trying to pick a fight w your own brother in a public forum?
Ms. Stories-
You DONT know me..
You really dont:idea:
You never will.
If I ever offended you..
I sincerely apologize.

Mr Deep.

You disgust me.

Your brother-

Dave:

If I hold up a mirror
and you are disgusted->:banghead:

Don't blame me.

deep-
Who appointed you Mirror Monitor?
Is your life perfect?
Other than gossip about me behind my back w strangers on line you have never met..what interst do you have in our brotherly relationship?

Plez dont try and pick a fight here.
Thanks-
Peace
Your bother-
Dave

PS-Try putting your right D/O/B on your profile also..

You're 47 yrs old for feck's sakes sheesh..You WERE BORN in 1955 Not 1965::banghead:
And if u dont have anything nice to say about me publicly for the sake of our family name plez keep out of my threads and talk to me privately:idea:
Is that asking too much?
Hope not.

thx

Last edited:
i'll sing a song and you sing along

So you never knew love
Until You crossed the line of grace
And You never felt wanted
Til' you had someone slap your face
So you never felt alive
Until you'd almost wasted away

You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The Smartest ass
At the top of the class
Your flying colors
Your family tree
And all your lessons in history

Please.... please ...please
Get up off your knees
Please ....Please ... please ....
Please....

So you never knew
How low you'd stoop to make that call
And you never knew
What was on the ground 'till they made you crawl
So you never knew
That the heaven you keep , you stole ..

Your Catholic Blues
Your convent shoes
Your Stick-on tattoos
Now they're making the news ..
Your holy war
your northern star
Your Sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car

Please....... Please ... please
Get up off your knees , now
Please .... please ......Please
Leave me out of this please

So love is hard
and love is tough
but love is not
what you 're thinking of....

September ..
Talk getting nowhere
November
December
REMEMBER!
Are We just starting again ???!!!!!

Please ...Please ....Please
Get up off your knees , now please ahhh
Please ...please....please...please.....
yeah
So love is big
i s bigger then us
but love is not
what you're thinking of....

It's what lovers deal
it's what lovers steal
You know i've found it hard to receive

cause you myyyyyyyy love i could never believe .......

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME .........................

Back
Top Bottom