I need a REALLY good answer to this question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really really don't mind people lighting up, but when it affects my own health, eg smoke in enclosed spaces, I get really annoyed; I don't think that means I'm being self-righteous?

foray

foray said:
I really really don't mind people lighting up, but when it affects my own health, eg smoke in enclosed spaces, I get really annoyed; I don't think that means I'm being self-righteous?

foray

Not at all. Bad smoking etiquette sucks.

foray said:

foray

Not at all, it means they are being rude, which I'm sure you'd tell them. Just like if someone who chose not to wear deodorant got in a lift with you, you'd most likely tell them their smell was offensive.

melon said:
Why do people still smoke? Because most people are stupid. Maybe I should create a flag art of that:

EU%20Flag.gif

Yellow: smart people
Blue: everyone else

Melon

Hmm, do lot of people do smoke in Europe?

I had my first cigarette last weekend in quite a long long time. It was soooooo goood.

It will be another year for me....lol

Side not.....I smoked from 1987-1998. and I NEVER smoked inside.

I loved sitting on the porch.

Peace

U2democrat said:
yeah i do.

if i ever were to smoke a cigarette my windpipe would close up completely and i wouldn't be able to breathe. not that i'm complaining or anything, its just as well.

that happens to me too, what causes yours?

Angela Harlem said:

Not at all, it means they are being rude, which I'm sure you'd tell them. Just like if someone who chose not to wear deodorant got in a lift with you, you'd most likely tell them their smell was offensive.

Horrific body odour wouldn't affect my health.

foray

I know a lot of women smoke because they think it will keep their weight down.

And I think a lot of films from the 30s, 40s, and 50s made smoking look rather glamorous and sexy. In the film classic, "Now, Voyager", Paul Henreid lights up two cigarettes in his mouth and gives one to Bette Davis. The scene is sexy as all hell.

It's because of the delightful rush in the head, the acceleration of the heartbeat the......oh no, that's cocaine :huh:

anyway, anyone cares for another cig????
smoke.gif
:wink:

I know....I'm weak.....

Our lab is essentially split three ways wrt research. One of those does lung cancer research (mainly blockers). Lung cancer is a horrifying disease, not only in its pathology but the fact that the cells don't respond to anything. You can develop a number of breast cancer blockers, you can have a family of leukemia (ALL and AML) blockers, etc, and what is their effect on lung carcinomas? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It's an incredibly frustrating disease to study and to research, it's probably the "worst" cancer to get after maybe neuroblastomas.

And I know a lot of people who come in to work and spend many hours at very little pay to try to eradicate it or at least make it manageable. And they have said many times to me - why the fuck do we even bother? These people don't care, nobody cares. And yet they continue, and hopefully some day, there will be a major breakthrough.

I'm allergic to the smell of smoke myself. It makes me feel like I'm drowning - mainly from the bronchioles constricting. My father is the only one in my extended family who smoked and he quit many years ago. I'm eternally grateful to him for having done so.

[Q]neuroblastomas.[/Q]

My wife is a survivor of this disease.

Dreadsox said:

My wife is a survivor of this disease.

I remember you posting this once before.

She is an absolutely lucky lady. Someone up there obviously had her marked to become Mrs. Fernando someday. :)

Back
Top Bottom