I hate being American

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Traveller

Acrobat
I've decided I hate being American. I want Utah to secede from the union. I like Utah.

I voted for Kerry. I voted for him for a reason. I wish he had won. I do not have confidence in Bush. I don't think things will get better with him. I didn't like that he said it would be more of the same, like I would be happy to hear that.

I am conservative, but I voted for Kerry. So did many conservatives I know. Why oh why didn't he win? At least then there would've been a CHANGE, ANY change, some kind of change.

I'm glad I voted for Kerry. I'm proud I did, I think a lot rested on it.

Now, we're doomed, because 51% voted for Bush. I really don't know why. Sure, he's more likeable, but so what? Actually, I thought Kerry looked pretty likeable, too. I feel really bad that Kerry lost.

I can't hide the things that made me vote for Kerry.

I don't want to be killed because 51% voted for Bush. And I'll tell you this, no matter WHO is president of the U.S., I will INDEED leave the country myself if my son is ever threatened with going to war for ANY president. I won't do it. War is over. It's a new day.

I absolutely hate what Bush did over in Iraq. I am very frustrated. Very.

But, you know what, instead of complaining and whining and picking people apart because of it, we need to stand up and fight HARDER and that does include backing up people like Bono. Truly.

Truly, the only solace is he only has four more years...hey, those who are for peace, PLEASE get your butts in shape and get a better candidate next time...and keep your mouths shut, and learn how to win!!!

Last edited:
I voted for Bush, I love being a Christian American, and I'm proud that the majority of voters agree with my leader and I. I just can't wait for 2008 until I can flush Hillary, just like I flushed the Johns on Tuesday and flushed all the far-left Hollywood libs who lack morals and values.

A_Wanderer said:

Wow. I think I'd vote for her, too. I know she's very smart.

My point is, basically, is that it's time for a woman president in the U.S. of old A.

I think BOTH Hilary and Condoleeza (?) would be good candidates, and being an independent, I could go either way. Just, we need a major change, and I can't think of anything more majore than this one. And, being as they are women, I think either of them from either party will do a better job.

GOP_Catholic said:
I voted for Bush, I love being a Christian American, and I'm proud that the majority of voters agree with my leader and I. I just can't wait for 2008 until I can flush Hillary, just like I flushed the Johns on Tuesday and flushed all the far-left Hollywood libs who lack morals and values.

you forgot to add "Mwah... mwah-ha-ha... mwah-ha-ha-ha-HA":|

Last edited:
I vented and I feel so much better. Just had to get that off my chest. Like I stated in another thread, I still don't think it would be a bad idea for Utah to secede from the U.S. of A., though. However, being right in the center of it...:help: :shifty:

U2Traveller said:
I vented and I feel so much better. Just had to get that off my chest. Like I stated in another thread, I still don't think it would be a bad idea for Utah to secede from the U.S. of A., though. However, being right in the center of it...:help: :shifty:

I think its pretty funny that you want Utah to suceed because Bush won the election. Do you realize that Bush won 71% of the vote in Utah? In fact, Bush won a higher percentage of the vote than any other state in the U.S.A.

nicholsfornixon said:

I think its pretty funny that you want Utah to suceed because Bush won the election. Do you realize that Bush won 71% of the vote in Utah? In fact, Bush won a higher percentage of the vote than any other state in the U.S.A.

Oh, it's not because of Bush that I want to. It's because of the rest of the world.

If I had a choice between Rice and Clinton, I would vote for Rice. I like her a lot. Either way, I also think it's way overdue for a woman president. Time for a woman to be in the position to change the world.

i wouldn't vote for either. not because they're women (hey i'm all for a woman president) i just want someone more ambitous for the country as opposed to themselves as president.

U2democrat said:
i wouldn't vote for either. not because they're women (hey i'm all for a woman president) i just want someone more ambitous for the country as opposed to themselves as president.

i sort of think that anyone who wants to be president in today's political climate are out for themselves, not the country - regardless of party lines.

Let's take a vote. Should we kick Utah out of the Union? I mean, let them secede.

Actually, isn't Texas the only state with the right to secede?

The forniture you can rearrange don't trade your dreams for some small change.

nbcrusader said:

Actually, isn't Texas the only state with the right to secede?

Actually, I think that they claim the right in their state constitution but they don't actually have the right to do so federally, no state does.

I mean, they could try obviously. And they would fail.
Didn't they do that already?

Whatever. The original poster is absurd. Bush is a moron, we know it, but he is the choice of our democracy, we aren't going to sink with him and we weren't going to sink with Kerry.

Get over it.

It's not Bush I'm afraid of. He's not the scary person. It's the rest of the world that is scary. Bush, I'm fine by him. I even downright like the guy. It's the rest of the world that is:evil: and :crazy:

Last edited:
Yes just you wait, Australia will rise again under my millitaristic leadership and we will dominate you all! Millions marching in thongs (they are a form of footwear), blue singlets and stubbies being forced to go to the beach en masse in a way reminicent of Jhenjis Khan, Mwhohahaha.

A_Wanderer said:
Yes just you wait, Australia will rise again under my millitaristic leadership and we will dominate you all! Millions marching in thongs (they are a form of footwear), blue singlets and stubbies being forced to go to the beach en masse in a way reminicent of Jhenjis Khan, Mwhohahaha.

Bloody Aussies. :wink:

I plan to fight if necessary, and I think the necessity will come. I'm going to the drugstore this afternoon and stock up on poster board for demonstration signs. Even if I can't change any minds, I'll be honest to myself and my beliefs. Protesting is chicken soup for us tormented liberals.

india-anti-terrorists.jpg

The chairman of the All-India Anti-Terrorist Front (AATF), and former Youth Congress chief Maninderjeet Singh Bitta holds a banner during a staged rally with school students supporting U.S. President Bush’s re-election in New Delhi on November 6, 2004. Recently Bitta said India should emulate Israel in evolving anti-terrorist strategies. REUTERS/Desmond Boylan
You guys are really hated, it is interesting that this rally is a staged one but rallys in the Arab world are always genuine.

Se7en said:

i sort of think that anyone who wants to be president in today's political climate are out for themselves, not the country - regardless of party lines.

I agree. We live in a period of great self-absorbtion, and apart from a few virtuous souls, people who go after money and power in general are pretty flawed characters.

Disappointed with how the American presidential election concluded? Apparently, Bush was disappointed, too! Whether or not you value "liberal" news sources, pay attention to the hard numbers and facts presented in the articles below. Then, ask yourself, “Do I value democracy?”

Articles:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1106-30.htm
http://www.wired.com/news/evote/0,2645,65623,00.html
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041105/D865R1DO0.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlate...4598911,00.html
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c.../05flavote.html
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/3892151/detail.html
http://www.thehill.com/morris/110404.aspx

SHARE THE WORD! SAVE THE WORLD!

Back
Top Bottom