I guess this is why gas prices are so HIGH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989&page=1

Exxon Executive will receive a 400 million dollar retirement package!!!:ohmy: :mad:

"Exxon is giving Lee Raymond one of the most generous retirement packages in history, nearly $400 million, including pension, stock options and other perks, such as a $1 million consulting deal, two years of home security, personal security, a car and driver, and use of a corporate jet for professional purposes."

This is sickening!

Firstly, petrol prices in the US are not, by international standards high, actually they are comparatively low. Granted, Americans have to drive long distances if they are living in rural areas.

Secondly, while this retirement package is bordering on the obscene, it is a bit simplistic to attribute the price of oil to it.

Last edited:
Our gas in CA is about 3.00 dollars in some places and getting there in other parts of CA.

Dreadsox said:
Love my PRIUS

I'm hanging on to my ratty old Metro for dear life. I just bought gas the other day for the first time in two weeks. It still only cost me less than $20 to fill it. :yes:

most executives of huge companies get obscenely large retirement packages

bammo2 said:
yes, but that's three dollars a GALLON.

ours is nearly a pound - 91.9p (works out as $1.61) A LITRE
Bloody hell, Australia is ~ AU1.20 (88 US cents) to 1.30 (95 US cents) per litre right now, would be interesting to see where the price differences at the pump go.

We're at about $0.89 US/litre or $3.36 US/gallon here in Canada.

With more oil than we know what to do with.

NAFTA really fucked us up the ass. Thanks a lot, Mulroney, you sack of shit.

DrTeeth said:
I don't have a car :love:

Me either and I LOVE it!

A few weeks ago, my friend's car which she rarely drives b/c her boyfriend drives her everywhere got hit while it was parked. Then she drove it for an estimate on repairs and some random hubcap flew over and blasted the other side of the car! Now she has to "deal" w/ gas prices (put "deal" in quotes b/c I really feel for people living everywhere BUT the USA).

Cars :huh:

bammo2 said:
ps, just worked it out. Petrol where I live in the UK costs $6.09 a gallon.

I didn't realise we paid THAT much more over here, that the US:ohmy:

It actually went up as high as 98p a litre over here last summer, which works out at $6.48 a gallon.:crazy:

verte76 said:

Damn, that is high! As expensive as it is here it's only half as expensive for me as it is for you.

A UK Gallon is bigger than a US Gallon. because British pints have 20 fl.oz/pint, US is 16.

$400 a month on petrol doesn't sound like a fortune to me

I used to work about 20 miles from home, and spent £50 per week filling up my car. £200 per month for a 40 mile a day commute, isn't far off $400.

the annoying thing is, I hate the way we all use cars all the time, usually with just one person in it. I really do think that if petrol prices dropped, people would use their cars even more.

But I'm skint as hell and begrudge paying 95.9 fucking pence per litre :scream:

I'll have to face up to it. I'm a hypocrite :happy:

:D

I actually think it would take a massive price rise for most people to cut down using their cars, despite the amount we pay.

I do love the convenience of my car unfortunately and for me to do the 70 mile round trip to university in the morning and back by train or public transport would be an enormous hassle and still more expensive in fares.

i just hope that people will finally force the car industry to devlope/ sell more environment friendly cars that use less gas (and one day maybe something else that works fine) and are affordable

a-mole said:
i just hope that people will finally force the car industry to devlope/ sell more environment friendly cars that use less gas (and one day maybe something else that works fine) and are affordable

Don't count on it, at least in the US. We (in general) love our big, "we (or our SOs) have tiny penises and have to compensate somehow" cars and SUVs. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom