I don´t make that kinda FYM posts often, but in this case..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi all!

As you all might know or not know, I am involved in a couple of help projects, however I´m not a person who speaks about it often bc that´s a kind of personal level.

However, for potentially interested people: I want to inform you about an American and international help project that is totally great. It´s for poor children.. about education. Then, also for adults, about micro-businesses. The concept is explained better than I could lay it down here on this site:

http://www.la-esperanza-granada.org

well, take a look.

Since the Sandinistas were kicked out of government a couple of years ago, school education ain´t free, and you need a school uniform to attend. That´s where the trouble for most families starts, they have no money to buy a uniform for their children. And then, there aren´t enough schools, as you all can imagine, and often they do not have proper resources.

I have met the guys who organise all that in the heart of Nicaragua. That´s why I know of this project. The volunteers are so great, they do so much work that is desperately needed there.

I would like to add that those are people I admire personally. There is Mark, a die-hard conservative American; a businessman who has invested more of his personal time and wealth than one can imagine to make the whole thing work. A couple of other financiers back him. And I´ll tell you what, Mark is the coolest conservative I ever met.

Then there was,... yes, sadly, was,... Bill, who we will always keep in our hearts. He handled the organization of everything in Granada, Nicaragua. He was working restlessly, even if he had cancer in terminal stage when I met him in September 2004. On Christmas morning last year, he died. Everyone will always remember this extremely positive person. He greeted me with a big smile and a "Good morning, good morning!" at every time of the day, be it 4 p.m. or 2 in the night. Incredible power he had, imagine you know you only have a couple of months left, and still you work your ass off for those children, and are so positive about it. Everyone loved him, respected him, and we are still sad about the loss.

But work has to continue, and so the project was continued, and there are about 500 children that get education. In 4 small villages, located in the outskirts of Granada.

There are so many invaluable other persons who drive this project, but I can´t mention them all here. If you are interested, you can sign up for the newsletter on the site, then you will get more information.

It is a project that is financed privately. As to my question, why there is no support from UN organizations or else, the organizers say they need to keep this private, don´t want any political support, because they don´t want to be told by no one what to do (understandable, since private donors have invested rather large sums). It is an organization where, by seeing this with my own eyes, I was able make sure that the donations go 100% to those in need of help.

It is an incredible project and I hope you will take the time to read more on the website. There, you will also find details for paypal or else, and the volunteer program, if you wish to contribute.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom