I cannot believe the pure evil of some human beings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dub

The Fly
I didn't know if I should post this here or not, but when I heard about this story I was so upset and disgusted I thought I would let other people know about this. I cannot believe there are so-called humans in this world who would do such a thing to an innocent animal. I know the law is not structured to punish them as they should be punished, and in most cases I like to think of myself as a pacifist but in this instance if I could, I would inflict the same pain and suffering on them that they inflicted on this poor little creature.
Not to mention I seem to remember a study that said that young people who start out torturing animals often become adults who are psycho/sociopaths that in some cases gravitate to torturing humans eg. Jeffrey Dalmer so if you don't think this is seriously disturbing, think again!

Man accused of being in videotaped torture and killing of cat denied bail
Web site leads to arrest in cat mutilation

Mike Oliveira
National Post

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

CREDIT: Lincoln Clarkes, Vancouver

Matthew Kaczorowski, seen in a photograph taken in Vancouver in July, 2001, has been arrested in the mutilation and killing of a cat in Toronto.

TORONTO -- A man accused in the videotaped torture and killing of a cat was denied bail at a court hearing in Toronto Wednesday.

Matthew Kaczorowski, was arrested by Toronto Police Saturday in Vancouver and charged with mischief. Kaczorowski is accused of appearing in the videotaped torture, skinning and killing of a domestic cat in a Toronto rooming house.

When arrested, Kaczorowski had a cat and a dog, apparently unharmed, at his home, a newspaper reported.

Katie Woodward has begun to throw away the piles of posters and flyers that advertised her Web site, www.findmatt.org, now that the object of its search -- 21-year-old Kaczorowski -- has been found.

Kaczorowski is accused of helping to mutilate a cat in the spring of 2001, and his Saturday arrest brings an end to a campaign spearheaded by Woodward, who spent the better part of the past year trying to track him down.

Her long days and late nights bore fruit on the weekend, when a tip on the Web site led Toronto police to Vancouver, where Kaczorowski had been hiding since he allegedly helped skin, decapitate and disembowel a house cat about two years ago.

"The police have been complimenting me and thanking me," Woodward said yesterday from her home in Haliburton, Ont. "It made a difference because the Web site is how Matt was found."

The search for Kaczorowski began in the spring of 2001, when detectives, acting on a tip, raided a Toronto home. Inside, they discovered a headless cat corpse inside a refrigerator.

A videotape seized nearby showed what happened to the decapitated cat.

During the 17-minute video, three men are shown teasing a black-and-white cat with a mouse. Suddenly, the men begin to kick, stab and mutilate the tiny animal, skinning it and gouging out one of its eyes before dangling it from a coat hanger.

"After a couple of minutes, I was actually rooting for the cat to die to avoid the cruelties being inflicted upon it," Detective Gordon Scott said a few months after watching the tape, which he described as the worst thing he has ever seen.

The tape enraged animal-rights activists, but not only because of the obvious cruelty. Jesse Power, 22, and Anthony Wennekers, 25, had created the tape as an art project for one of Power's classes at the Ontario College of Art and Design.

The students called the video an artistic statement denouncing meat eaters.

The tape was shown during the pair's trial on animal-cruelty charges last year. Many spectators turned away or covered their eyes as the cat wailed.

Prosecutors requested 2 1/2 -year prison sentences for the accused, but Ontario Court Judge Ted Ormston said the crimes were "not the worst offence possible.

"There are worse ways that this cat could have died," he said in sentencing Power to 90 days in jail to be served over 16 weekends, followed by an 18-month conditional sentence. Wennekers was sentenced to time served because he had remained in jail since his arrest the previous May. The two men also each received three years probation .

Woodward found the awful torture, combined with the light sentence, difficult to stomach. And the third alleged cat killer -- known only at the time as Matt -- had disappeared.

"I just wanted to help but I wasn't quite sure what to do," the 21-year-old said. "I spoke to two detectives about starting a campaign. I was told that no one was really dedicating a full-time effort to the case and so I saw that I could help."

For the next few months, Woodward tacked up posters and sent out mass e-mails to attract hits to a Web site, using a domain name -- www.findmatt.org -- donated by a radio listener that heard about Woodward's crusade.

"It was hard to get media coverage at first," she said, "I started the campaign a year after the tapes were found, so it was seen as an older issue."

In the end, it was a few lucky breaks that brought an end to the search.

Police had told Woodward they believed Kaczorowski might have fled his life as a squeegee kid in Toronto and resettled somewhere in British Columbia, most likely Vancouver.

Woodward discussed the hunch during a subsequent interview on a Vancouver talk radio station, ending the segment with a plug for her Web site.

An employee with the Vancouver Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals then visited the site and recognized a photograph of Kaczorowski -- taken from the torture video -- as a local homeless person.

"This is why we exist, to try and stop this," said Lorie Chortyk, a spokeswoman for the BC SPCA. "Unfortunately, in our line of work we see horrific things but personally, I think this is just sickening. To think three young men could do this, and think what that cat must've gone through."

After receiving the tip, Vancouver police called their counterparts in Toronto, who put two detectives on a plane to bring the fugitive home. He is scheduled to appear at a bail hearing this morning.

When he was arrested, he was found with a dog and a cat.

"It doesn't seem real, I still can't believe it," Woodward said. "I knew we were going to capture him.... I just didn't know it would be this quick."

Her Web site has been updated to acknowledge the arrest, and she promises to document every piece of news during Kaczorowski's court appearances. A charge of cruelty to animals has been dropped -- it expired after six months -- but he will face a mischief charge.

If the case goes to trial, she plans to make the three-hour commute to Toronto.

In the meantime, she plans on spoiling her two cats and cleaning up the stacks of paper in her bedroom.

"It's been a pretty interesting time," she said. "I want to keep some of it in a scrapbook but a lot of it is going to the garbage. I don't have room for it all."

moliveira@nationalpost.com

Ah man, I fucking hate animal abuse. To me, every animal has a living soul; something I can't deny when I look into my cat's eyes.

And what is this bullshit about an art film?

I know, art film my ass!!!
It's just an excuse for their depravity.
They should be strung up by their balls and left to dangle till they rip off! (Don't mean to offend anyone but when I hear about things like this I just lose it)

:sad:

Unbelievable that a judge could say that this wasn't a most horrible death. I think any other way would have have been quicker or less painful. Mischief? Mischief my :censored: :censored: :censored:

*Grabs an extremely heavy club and a baseball bat.

Okay...who's willing to hunt this idiot down and knock a ton of sense into him?

How in the hell can people do that to an animal?

I...I don't...get it. I just...don't.

People who do things like that are not human. They have no souls.

That is not art. That's just a classic example of someone who has a part of their brain missing.

Art film...*snort*...

Argh.

Angela

I am both heartbroken and outraged. I can't stand this :( :mad: fucked up sick shit !!! :mad: How can anyone have this kind of thing in them? This pile of trash doesn't deserve the air he breathes. There is no excuse for this behavior. How cool and powerful does an idiot feel doing this to something innocent and helpless? I really, really can't stand it. This is the kind of crap that led me to take in every cat I found until I had too many in the house and got in trouble :uhoh: I WISH I had money so I could build a refuge for animals and fight for tougher laws to discourage this shit!! Just the other day I saw on the news a lady came home and found her dog lying in the back yard skinned all but his snout and paws. His ears, tail and privates had been cut off :mad: As far as I'm concerned, anybody who could do these things to an animal doesn't deserve to live. If 'art' is allowed to justify this what is next? No, there is no excuse for cruelty and evil!

:(

Moonlit_Angel said:

That is not art. That's just a classic example of someone who has a part of their brain missing.

There are some rare medical conditions where children have to have HALF of their entire brain removed, and they end up living mostly normal, healthy, loving lives. It just goes to show even missing brains isn't enough of an excuse for this low-life.:mad:

U2Kitten said:
I am both heartbroken and outraged. I can't stand this :( :mad: fucked up sick shit !!! :mad: How can anyone have this kind of thing in them? This pile of trash doesn't deserve the air he breathes. There is no excuse for this behavior. How cool and powerful does an idiot feel doing this to something innocent and helpless? I really, really can't stand it. This is the kind of crap that led me to take in every cat I found until I had too many in the house and got in trouble :uhoh: I WISH I had money so I could build a refuge for animals and fight for tougher laws to discourage this shit!! Just the other day I saw on the news a lady came home and found her dog lying in the back yard skinned all but his snout and paws. His ears, tail and privates had been cut off :mad: As far as I'm concerned, anybody who could do these things to an animal doesn't deserve to live. If 'art' is allowed to justify this what is next? No, there is no excuse for cruelty and evil!

Agree wholeheartedly with what you said (that's awful about that dog! I would hate to come home and find that!).

I know what you mean about taking animals in...every time I hear about something like this, or whenever I see animals left out all alone, dumped by their "owners" (that's another thing I hate, people who just take their animal out to the side of the road and leave it there and drive away-look, if you don't want the animal anymore, fine, but don't leave it alone, don't kill it-give it to someone else who would love to have it!), I just feel so bad and I want to just take all these abandoned, hurt animals in and take care of them.

Originally posted by elfyx
There are some rare medical conditions where children have to have HALF of their entire brain removed, and they end up living mostly normal, healthy, loving lives.

Oh, really?

I'd never heard about that.

Originally posted by elfyx
It just goes to show even missing brains isn't enough of an excuse for this low-life. :mad:

Very true.

Angela

there are worse things done to monkeys. No joke, they are used for research because they are very similar to human beings...

which reminds me, have you seen any videos by Nine Inch Nails lately?? They got a grammy award stolen from them when they had that one about the monkey abuse, just like our men got a grammy stolen when they did a video about dead rock stars...maybe because it was soley a cartoon, and didn't really mean anything real??

Please see HMKMKLTM (a song title too long to really write everytime, for the REM fans in the peanut gallery, and then listen to Seal's rendition of "Rose" or some stupid song, and see if you have an opinion on the matter...because Batman movies have actors like Val Kilner that end up on the SAME SNL (Satuday Night Live) show as "men" who sing two songs and then avoid actors after the skit about dead rock stars, because they are still upset about losses, like Jim Morrison, who died in a bathlike place in FRANCE of a heroin overdose, not smoking marijuana or taking a snort of cocaine...so you need to think before you try to joke around here or show us sad stories of tortured animals, because we DO CARE, we really don't have a lot of time after catching our favorite "men" putting themselves on television, espectially the soccer matches, where there is ALWAYS violence!

Go figure, american soccer is really a LOT less dangerous, isn't it:evil: and you are as evil as the people who use animals to find cures, because, if you had an incurable disease, you would MOST LIKELY think it was fine to use a monkey as an animal (or sentient being, which is a matter that is your own opinion -- think about it!) "guinea pig" to decide if a certain drug will work!!

You are a very, very EVIL person, yourself, imo!:lol:

DebbieSG said:
there are worse things done to monkeys. No joke, they are used for research because they are very similar to human beings...

which reminds me, have you seen any videos by Nine Inch Nails lately?? They got a grammy award stolen from them when they had that one about the monkey abuse, just like our men got a grammy stolen when they did a video about dead rock stars...maybe because it was soley a cartoon, and didn't really mean anything real??

Please see HMKMKLTM (a song title too long to really write everytime, for the REM fans in the peanut gallery, and then listen to Seal's rendition of "Rose" or some stupid song, and see if you have an opinion on the matter...because Batman movies have actors like Val Kilner that end up on the SAME SNL (Satuday Night Live) show as "men" who sing two songs and then avoid actors after the skit about dead rock stars, because they are still upset about losses, like Jim Morrison, who died in a bathlike place in FRANCE of a heroin overdose, not smoking marijuana or taking a snort of cocaine...so you need to think before you try to joke around here or show us sad stories of tortured animals, because we DO CARE, we really don't have a lot of time after catching our favorite "men" putting themselves on television, espectially the soccer matches, where there is ALWAYS violence!

Go figure, american soccer is really a LOT less dangerous, isn't it:evil: and you are as evil as the people who use animals to find cures, because, if you had an incurable disease, you would MOST LIKELY think it was fine to use a monkey as an animal (or sentient being, which is a matter that is your own opinion -- think about it!) "guinea pig" to decide if a certain drug will work!!

You are a very, very EVIL person, yourself, imo!:lol:

huh?....

originally posted by Debbie SG "Go figure, american soccer is really a LOT less dangerous, isn't it and you are as evil as the people who use animals to find cures, because, if you had an incurable disease, you would MOST LIKELY think it was fine to use a monkey as an animal (or sentient being, which is a matter that is your own opinion -- think about it!) "guinea pig" to decide if a certain drug will work!! You are a very, very EVIL person, yourself, imo!

Debbie SG who exactly are you directing this at???
What do you mean by this???
Please explain.....

U2Kitten said:

I agree. It's too much. They really should throw the :censored: in the slammer and throw away the key. There should be tougher laws against animal abuse, no question. It sucks. :scream: :censored:

bonosgirl84 said:
this :censored: deserves death :mad:

Well, I don't know about death.....that's a whole different can of worms. But I can't believe they didn't even send the :censored: to jail. That's irresponsible and cruel in its own way. :madspit:

They say a society can be judged by the way it treats or allows for the treatment of animals.
Everyone should work with their legislature to stiffen cruelty laws. There should be much stiffer penalties for animal abuse. Those guys should be locked away or maybe skinned the same heheh.

DSG may be off the wall, but researchers do horrific things to our closest kin.

Back
Top Bottom