I Can Quit At Any Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Study: Chocolate, BBQ addiction may be real

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- People who say they are addicted to chocolate or pizza may not be exaggerating, U.S.-based scientists said Tuesday.

A brain scan study of normal, hungry people showed their brains lit up when they saw and smelled their favorite foods in much the same way as the brains of cocaine addicts when they think about their next snort.

I just felt my brain light up when I remembered the B&J coffee ice cream in my freezer.

Carbohydrates/sugars are an addiction in themselves. Ask anyone who has ever tried to eliminate all sugar from their diet for a few days.

These studies are sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...

Melon

I think melon's point was that when you give up sugar and carbs as I did recently, your body goes through withdrawal symptoms such as sleeplessness, fatigue, headaches, etc. but of course nothing like getting off cigarettes, heroin or cocaine. Still, the body does get physically addicted to sugar and carbs, absolutely.

I am always going on and off sugar. The problem is that there is nothing finer than a Magnum ice cream bar on a hot day...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom