"I appreciate Bono..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocu2fan

The Fly
I really hope President Bush follows through with all of this. It would be such an awesome thing to give all of these people a second chance and a better life. As a Christian I think its just such an awesome thing to be doing. I pray for God's wisdom to Solomon for President Bush every night, the same as I did for Bill Clinton before him. Two cheers for the President. Actions like this are the best weapon in the War on Terrorism.

It would be nice if Bush really shows what "Compassionate conservativism" really means. I really think that when he & folks like Jesse Helms get on-board, they're demonstrating that.

It's great that you've prayed for the prez's every night. I have to confess that I didn't say enough prayers for President Clinton, although I did say a few. That's something that I think most Fundamentalists (of which I am no longer) in America are severely guilty of, even though Clinton brought on a heap of his own problems.

Anyway, it was really neat to hear Bush on the radio during lunch today giving a nod to Bono.

Originally posted by bonofnattic:

That's just one of the cool things that President Bush said in his speech this afternoon.

Heh, that reminds me of the quote from his father during the 1992 campaign:

"Next time we have a foreing policy problem, I'll call Gorbachev and Gov. Clinton can consult Boy George."

I just thought that was such a classic thing to say.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

That's just one of the cool things that President Bush said in his speech this afternoon. It sounds like he is committed to the "drop-the-debt" campaign, as well as increasing foreign aid and rewarding democracy. Good speech, hope it happens. Could use a lot of those ideas to improve our own US of A.

Thank ya, Patriot.

I, for one, am proud of President Bush for working in this direction. .....and it goes without saying that I'm proud of the little guy.

Back
Top Bottom