I am voting for........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:

I agree. I would be libertarian but they do go too far on many issues, but that's just my opinion.

since you are currently a democrat, at least i assume, i found this statement quite odd. the economic principles of democrats and libertarians are in direct conflict with each other...unless perhaps you are a very moderate democrat a.k.a. a republican. :wink:

But she could be basing her party choice not totally on economic issues, it could be social issues that she bases her party choices (like me) on.

DaveC said:
(long, annoying polemic snipped)

The political process consists of much more than the final round of voting, and I stand by my argument that there is no point in me participating in the final round of voting.

How about this: if I cast half a vote for Bush and half a vote for Kerry, will that get you off my case?

Or how about if I cast a vote for one of my former college professors?

Last edited:
Why are you so anti-voting though?

If you don't like it, take a trip to Zimbabwe, where they'll beat the shit out of you if you don't vote for Mugabe.

DaveC said:
Why are you so anti-voting though?

I'm not anti-voting, I just fail to see the point of voting for either candidate in this Presidential election.

(There might be other relevant issues on the ballot in Massachusetts or Somerville which I'll have to examine at least a little bit...but the problem of what to do in Iraq is by far the most imporant problem of our times, and neither Bush nor Kerry seems to have a real solution to it.)

(In retrospect, I wish I had registered as a Democrat and voted for Joe Lieberman in the primaries. A little late for that now.)

Last edited:
DaveC said:
But she could be basing her party choice not totally on economic issues, it could be social issues that she bases her party choices (like me) on.

yes yes dave. what can i say? i'm a bleeding heart liberal. and i ain't afraid of being called a liberal either, i'm quite proud of it!

Then vote for a 3rd party candidate. At least use the voice that you've been given, that the men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan are dying for every day so that you can have it.

U2democrat said:

yes yes dave. what can i say? i'm a bleeding heart liberal. and i ain't afraid of being called a liberal either, i'm quite proud of it!

me three...well, maybe ultra-liberal. unfortunately i voted for kerry. :|

don't slack speedracer so much for not being interested in voting this election. i considered it myself, although i don't believe that any real socio-politico-economic change will ever come out of the current electoral system. it keeps the powerful in power - that's about all it's good for.

kerry will do no better than bush, in my opinion...but i think voting for kerry could possibly delay nuclear holocaust by another 4 years or so.

vote early and often! And Dave, nice post. Ya know, one of the things I remember about 9/11 was that, on my way to work, there was a guy standing on the street corner giving out literature for a woman running for a city council seat in the primaries that day. They were cancelled that day due to the attacks but we rescheduled them, we had a full primary and a full Nov. election for mayor. If terrorists can't stop us from voting, it's my job to vote.

deep said:

ah, com' on

choose a swing state, register and vote.

I'm registered to vote in Maryland, but they haven't sent me a ballot, so I've had to use the crappy generic ballot the embassy sent me. :(

Back
Top Bottom