I am so disgusted (Stealing from charity)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Well, I am beside myself and I need to vent.

As many of you know, I am very involved in Lions Clubs International.

Over the last few years I have been running a bottles and cans collection.

This past year my project, which takes up approximately 28 hours a month of my time and other members, raised $3,500.

We have a storage trailer, and once a month we cash sort, and cash in the bottles.

Someone broke the padlock of the trailer and stole about $600 worh of bottles. It was our peak month of the year, having the fourth of July and cookout activities.

I am besides myself. It is the most labor intensive project that we have, and now the police are looking at one of our own as being the thief.

I am just devistated.......:mad:

Unbelievable, sadly it doesn't surprise me though. That's a real shame it was a member, it could have been a poor person who really needed the money..that would have been more understandable.

Damn. I'm not exactly shocked, either. There are always going to be bad apples. It's pretty devastating to be hit in your own backyard.

:mad: Just stealing from the poor-again!!Shame on them!:madspit: So what to do now? Screen people to see if they really Do have a heart? :( Not criticizing u-but the motives of people who get involved in charity work!! I do :applaud: you and the other people who worked so hard! Don't let the B***** get u down!!:up:

Well, I'm not sure the theives knew the real consequences of their theft.

The real burn is all the hard work, multiple benefits and good intentions destroyed by this selfish act.

Back
Top Bottom