Hypocrisy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrg

Refugee
What surprised me about the closed thread about the 12 year old girl and her attitude to homosexuality http://forum.interference.com/t100490.html
was that no-one pointed out that she was attending a Dick Cheney rally to show their respect for his values whilst Cheney has an openly gay daughter. The level of ignorance of some Bush/Cheney supporters is, frankly, frightening to me. (In my humble non-partisan opinion!)

Threads about locked threads, and threads directed at the ignorance of some supporters of a particular political party are just asking for trouble.

I'm new in this forum - I thought free your mind was about being free and expressing your mind. I'll censor myself and stay politically correct - no I'll go away and leave y'all to it.:wave:

No please hang around, but its just we have had a few threads on this particular issue before and each time it got very nasty.

Ok - sorry. I haven't been around to see what went before. I meant it as a point about the hypocrisy or ignorance of a lot of the electorate - attending a rally assuming the guy speaks for their views without really knowing his views or background.

Of course these are sensitive subjects. And discussing them by text rather than verbally face to face always leaves views open to mis-interpretation.

Indeed, now if we want to talk electorate broadly then that could be a good place to move onto. I do think that there is a lot of hypocracy among the electorate, as there is in all societies.

I think the real issue in the thread was whether we should be judgmental about a statement attributed to a 12-year old. I'm glad we have perfect parents who can clearly dictate when a child has spoken incorrectly.

paulrg - :applaud:

That's all I will say.

WE'RE ONE, BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER.... :hug:

was that no-one pointed out that she was attending a Dick Cheney

Well, I tried to find the article where these remarks were made.

I could not find it.

I did not want to go off to the races against W/Cheney on heresay, alone.

There is too much out there that is reasonably verifiable to respond to possible remarks at a Cheney rally.

However the thread did allow one frequent poster to tell us he is thinking about gay anal sex, numerous times .

Thinking about it all the time, :hmm:

Yah, spinoff threads are closed...buh bye.

And, yeah, it is creepy when a 12-year-old thinks homosexuals are this country's biggest problem. NOT that they're gross--again, a lot of 12-year-olds think a man and a woman pecking on the cheek is gross--but that gay people are this country's biggest problem.

That said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom