"Hunting for Bambi,"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
This time the NRA has gone too far.

We need to repeal the 2nd amendment.

NRA? What does the NRA have to do with this?

ps-I heard the mayor of Las Vegas say that the thing was a hoak anyways.

The problem is, it SHOULDN'T be fun. A sport shouldn't be made out of shooting at naked women. The fact that they aren't clothed is completely demeaning in itself- they are being stripped of their dignity. (Yes, I understand that some women are fine with this- but should we exploit whatever emotions they have that make them think this is okay in order to have some "fun"? Think about it- why would a woman do this? They have insecurity problems. They are desperate for money. Exploiting these women and saying it's OK for this behavior is wrong.) But then, not only are they having these naked women run around for (big burly REAL men arh arh arh) to chase in some barbarian-type style, the men are given WEAPONS. Paintball guns (OUCH) and the whole point is to shoot her. Domestic violence anyone? How about every day violence against women? "Violence against women is rooted in a global culture of discrimination which denies women equal rights with men and which legitimizes the appropriation of women's bodies for individual gratification or political ends. " In the US, a woman is raped every 6 minutes; a woman is battered every 15 seconds. (Amnesty) These types of shows tell people it's okay. TV does influence people. Imagine the reaction of a little girl if she flipped through the channels and saw something like this. Imagine what a little boy would think after seeing this the next time he and his friends go play with their paintballs in the backyard.

I don't know, maybe some people were joking in their responses but I think this is insane and destructive and shows how we're slowly reducing our race back to the Roman Empire times :down: not to mention, in just one more way, supressing women.

wolfwill23 said:

I meant to say hoax, not hoak.

there is a person out there that plans false stories for the press to jump on.

when i first heard of this it sounded like one of their hoaxes.

you may remember the recent story that MS? was going to put email servers in public toilets.

the press loves these outrageous stories.

btw, i have never heard of the NRA supporting paint ball guns.
could be dangerous, might put an eye out.

we have heard them advocate for the public to have the right to own uzis, ak47s, street sweepers, and all manor of assault weapons.

.....my cold dead hands, yada, yada, yada

Back
Top Bottom