Human Milk for sale.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
When you really think about drinking milk from a human, it just seems gross. I know it does to me, but wouldn't it make more sense to drink it than milk from a cow or a goat? I know that some might say that the human digestive system is not suited to digest dairy products, but this hypothetical is about drinking milk.

So given the choice of drinking milk from either a cow/goat or from a human, I know I would choose the cow without hesitation. But why? I have grown up drinking cow milk so it seems natural to me, where as drinking human milk as an adult seems unnatural. But suppose that a system of milking was developed so that humans could be milked efficiently and eventually became profitable. People could have jobs as a dairy person, showing up from 9-5 to be milked. So the cartons sit side by side in the supermarket, similar price, similar look, the only difference being what it was milked from. Once cloning technology reaches a certain point we could produce mass herds of people with engorged mammary glands whose sole purpose is to produce milk, beautiful. Wouldn't it make more sense to drink human milk than milk from another species? A dirty, lazy, cud-chewing cow, I'll leave those to Tom Green.

you're logic is disturbing.

Continuing on from your way of reasoning would it not be better to clone and eat humans rather than dirty pigs?

Where would the maddness end??
WHERE???

Considering the recent uproar that PETA has stirred, that dairy cows are mistreated, would they make similar claims of your proposed "dairy people"?

Is this a spin-off thread of the one I started about you in Lemonade Stand a couple of weeks back??

Just giving you a hard time Basstrap. :)

Honestly though, this was part serious question and part joke. But I do wonder why drinking milk that came out of a cow's udder is not given a second thought by millions of people. I don't have an udder, and I don't want to drink out of one either.

maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

ok..noting that only men have responded to this thread...i'm going to tell you why this is so disturbing (y'know, since i have mammary glands and all).

breasts shouldn't really be milked for more than 2 years. the longer you breast feed your child, the more calcium, protein and other essential nutrients that are taken out of the women giving the milk. and it's not like cows, we aren't that size. even if a woman who wore a d cup were to do this, she'd be dry after a gallon every day. now how efficient is that? also, women only produce milk after having a baby...woah there overpopulation.

on TOP of that, no. just no.

Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

Lilly said:
ok..noting that only men have responded to this thread...i'm going to tell you why this is so disturbing (y'know, since i have mammary glands and all).

breasts shouldn't really be milked for more than 2 years. the longer you breast feed your child, the more calcium, protein and other essential nutrients that are taken out of the women giving the milk. and it's not like cows, we aren't that size. even if a woman who wore a d cup were to do this, she'd be dry after a gallon every day. now how efficient is that? also, women only produce milk after having a baby...woah there overpopulation.

*claps*

well said! :D

Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

Lilly said:
also, women only produce milk after having a baby...woah there overpopulation.

So do cows - that's why farmers take calves away from their mothers at just a few weeks old, so they can take the mother's milk rather than the calf drinking it.

Totally agree about that one ;)

Re: Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

So do cows - that's why farmers take calves away from their mothers at just a few weeks old, so they can take the mother's milk rather than the calf drinking it.

[/B]

but it doesnt hurt the cow does it?? I have talked to ppl who breast fed their babies and stopped cus it was painful

Re: Re: Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

Lara Mullen said:
but it doesnt hurt the cow does it?? I have talked to ppl who breast fed their babies and stopped cus it was painful

Well, cows can definitely suffer health problems and discomfort as a result of being kept to produce milk. Frequently, the conditions they're kept in aren't exactly ideal either, so being a dairy cow isn't exactly a pleasant pain-free existence. Besides, taking a calf away from its mother when it's far too young to be separated is distressing for both the calf and mother.

Re: Re: Re: Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Well, cows can definitely suffer health problems and discomfort as a result of being kept to produce milk.

I think perhaps we should ban milk then, I mean who needs calcium;)

Frequently, the conditions they're kept in aren't exactly ideal either, so being a dairy cow isn't exactly a pleasant pain-free existence.

I agree
perhaps we could have indoor/ air conditioned farms to make the cow have a more comfortable life. Of course they would not be able to graze on real grass, but at least they would be out of the elements
:cool:

Besides, taking a calf away from its mother when it's far too young to be separated is distressing for both the calf and mother.

Which is why I am bringing up a measure for cow-psychiatrists to deal with the separation issues.

Of course said doctor's office will need one hell of a couch!

:yes:

Drinking human is probably possible without having children. Farmers give cows a drug that makes then produce milk without having children.

Drinking milk from an udder is no more disgusting than that cow carcass people eat (a.k.a beef)

An since when are pigs dirty. They are actually a very clean animal. The reason they are covered in mud is to protect them from bugs. And cows get dirt encrusted on them too and nobody thinks they are dirty animals.

RavenStar said:

Drinking milk from an udder is no more disgusting than that cow carcass people eat (a.k.a beef)

Just wondering, other than for human consumption, what other purpose could cows possibly serve?

z edge said:

Just wondering, other than for human consumption, what other purpose could cows possibly serve?

*Takes Z Edge cow tipping*

Shhhh....plant your feet...push with the legs...and....

SCORE!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: maybe we should implant mammary glands in men, then milk them.

z edge said:

I think perhaps we should ban milk then, I mean who needs calcium;)

I'm not suggesting we ban milk, but people can live perfectly healthy lives without dairy products and you can get calcium from other sources.

I agree
perhaps we could have indoor/ air conditioned farms to make the cow have a more comfortable life. Of course they would not be able to graze on real grass, but at least they would be out of the elements

Actually the problem is that they're often kept indoors now! Dairy farms keep their cows in 'warehouses' so it's easier to milk them. Cows are given huge amounts of growth hormones to make them produce much more milk than they would naturally produce, their owners also make sure they have calves every year in order to keep milk production high.

Which is why I am bringing up a measure for cow-psychiatrists to deal with the separation issues.

Of course said doctor's office will need one hell of a couch!

:yes:

Well, instead you could just suggest that factory owners don't take calves away from their mothers to be put in tiny little crates/stalls alone until they're old enough to be artificially inseminated and start producing milk for the factory owner.

Look, I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't drink milk - I'm just saying that the way animals are treated in that industry is horrible :(

mmmmm Milk is one of my favorite drinks. After being in Europe for two weeks this spring, where milk consumption is next to none, I was in dire need of that dairy delight we call milk. Does a body good.

Cows are cool.

z edge said:

This just reminded me of a quote by Alice Walker which I like: "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men."
(Not a criticism of you or your opinions, just that your post reminded me of this quote)

FizzingWhizzbees said:

This just reminded me of a quote by Alice Walker which I like: "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men."
(Not a criticism of you or your opinions, just that your post reminded me of this quote)

Dear ,
If not for our ancestors eating the animals GOD provided for us, would we be here today?

If not for Noah herding 2 of each animal species onto the Ark, what would we have done? I don't think he did that so he could have pet cows.

ANd it's never nice to equate black people to animals, even if it is not your quote.

z edge said:

Dear ,
If not for our ancestors eating the animals GOD provided for us, would we be here today?

If not for Noah herding 2 of each animal species onto the Ark, what would we have done? I don't think he did that so he could have pet cows.

ANd it's never nice to equate black people to animals, even if it is not your quote.

I thought the reference to Black people was more referring to the idea that white people have treated Black people as if they were animals. I see why you might think it's a bad reference though, sorry about that :(

And, can I ask an honest question - I'm not trying to be rude, I'm not trying to cause conflict or anything - but do you think God created animals only to provide food for humans, or to provide milk or eggs or leather for humans? I know very little about any religion, so I'm honestly curious about this.

And, in a sort of related question, do you think there's difference between the way animals were farmed say a hundred years ago and the way they're farmed today? I know some people who say they think it's natural for humans to eat meat, but the way animals are farmed nowadays isn't natural. What do you think of that argument?

Back
Top Bottom