How I was duped by the right. Democrats do not be duped by the left.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
For the longest time I believe in my Party and ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING they stood for.:ohmy:
I believe everything on the radio-talkshows as Gospel:ohmy:
I was w them when they were continually blasting the other party.
I was a sucker:angry:
I was wrong.

Once Rush L exposed his ignorance re Bono and his motives..it was like somebody threw a glass of cold water in my face.
Rush the GodFather of Republicanism on the radio to millions of listeners spoke utter nonsense about Bono.
I would of slapped him if I were in the same room:angry:
True story:yes:
I now look at both sides of the issues more openly and objectively.

Democrats I would encorage YOU to do the same.
Dont be DUPED by the Republican haters on your side.

Just a word of advice.
Life is a process, I suppose

Peace
Out-
DB9
:idea:

Last edited:
When you get duped by both parties, you're on your way to becoming progressive.

Angela Harlem said:
Dude what are you doing?

I really hope this doesn't turn into a big party fight Diamond. We all know how much fun they are.
Who is Dude?:dance: :sexywink:
db9

I'm gonna be nice here

Rush is only a radio host, not a politican. Rush does not = the government. (Notice Bono met with Bush and not Rush)

If he duped you, then you are "dupe-worthy";)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
diamond said:
Oh
ok:)
Umm seriously this was meant to b a conciltory lets come together and FREE OUR MINDS type of thread:)
db9
:dance: :cool:

That was the way I read it...a party war didn't even enter my mind :confused:

diamond said:

Once Rush L exposed his ignorance.

That part of your statement is all you needed to say! You originally lost me with the part where you were listening to Rush....the only Rush that would have my attention for more than a minute (how long it takes to search the radio for another good station)is the band..lmao.....:attn:

congrats

diamond said:
I believe in my Party

and i in mine.

confetti.gif

z edge said:
Rush is only a radio host, not a politican. Rush does not = the government. (Notice Bono met with Bush and not Rush)
true
Bono would meet Rush if by some freaky accident he would become president though

can't blame Rush though,
when you insist on having an opinion on everything you are bound to be wrong/missinformed most of the time

Perhaps mr. db9 would allow me to recommend a book along the lines of being "duped" by right-wing conservatives? I'm presently reading a book by former well-known, well-connected conservative journalist David Brock titled " Blinded By The Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative. Mr. Brock's book is a chilling expose into the right-wing conspiracy of Clinton bashing hypocrites, millionaires, and what he calls "the Republican sleaze machine." He exposes the neoconservative framework of today's Republican party and his ultimate gravitation away from them.

An entertaining read that showcases the overall hypocrisy of today's GOP and one man's struggle to rid himself of it. I would say a very timely read for you, db9, given the title and theme of your thread here. Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force! :D ;) :dance:

Like someone to blame said:
Perhaps mr. db9 would allow me to recommend a book along the lines of being "duped" by right-wing conservatives? I'm presently reading a book by former well-known, well-connected conservative journalist David Brock titled " Blinded By The Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative. Mr. Brock's book is a chilling expose into the right-wing conspiracy of Clinton bashing hypocrites, millionaires, and what he calls "the Republican sleaze machine." He exposes the neoconservative framework of today's Republican party and his ultimate gravitation away from them.

An entertaining read that showcases the overall hypocrisy of today's GOP and one man's struggle to rid himself of it. I would say a very timely read for you, db9, given the title and theme of your thread here. Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force! :D ;) :dance:
Robbie-
you SILLY little goose.!
I already posted a thread about this book.:banghead:

Remember smearing works BOTH ways:idea:
I fear no evil
I embrace truth from all sources.
Robbie u r a silly monkey:dance: :cool:

DB9

diamond said:

Robbie-
you SILLY little goose.!
I already posted a thread about this book.:banghead:
DB9

My apologies, db9! I was not aware of your previous thread about Mr. Brock's fine book. Yes, smearing does work both ways...I just tend to believe that Mr. Brock's experience's are more factual and accurate...but I'm a biased silly monkey my friend! :dance: :D :love:

Um, sure.

Not surprisingly, there are similar books that go the other way, e.g. "How I Accidentally Joined The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy (And Found Inner Peace)".

I haven't read either book in detail, but I suspect both should be ingested with a salt lick.

Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force! :D ;) :dance:

are you still blaming Obi-Wan for you fall..?

I'm a leftist liberal who hates Clinton, so just to be fair here, here's a book that exposes someone from the liberal side, from someone on the liberal side:

No One Left to Lie To by Christopher Hitchens

I'm not the biggest fan of Hitchens' aggressive satirical style, but he raises questions that are hard to ignore. Plus he's funny.

hitchens_billandhill.jpg

joyfulgirl said:
I'm a leftist liberal who hates Clinton, so just to be fair here, here's a book that exposes someone from the liberal side, from someone on the liberal side:

No One Left to Lie To by Christopher Hitchens

I'm not the biggest fan of Hitchens' aggressive satirical style, but he raises questions that are hard to ignore. Plus he's funny.

hitchens_billandhill.jpg
I so love Christopher Hitchens.
Used to watch him on Hard-Ball w Chris Matthews.

Mr Hitchens= Cool Cat:)

db9

my humor may be dry, but it's out of sincerity.

diamond said:
Nice sincere replys folks-
thx.
db9:larry:

look diamond, my response was about as serious as i can take this thread. are you starting a thread stating that you have seen the light and don't believe in every word that comes down from republicanism? (i'm not saying republicanism is bad, i'm not saying it's anything. i'm only commenting on believing verbatum in anything.)

diamond, i'm very pleased that you are now exploring other sides of issues. that is, in all honesty, very good to see.

:heart:

umm.
yes Lilly.
My reasons for posting were genuine;)
thank u
for your contribution:idea:
db9

Hmmm....

I've never read that book...perhaps I should check it out sometime.

As for the mention of Rush Limbaugh...*shudders*. No offense to anyone out there who may like the guy...I don't care for him.

Angela

I'm glad you finally realized the truth about Rush Limbaugh, Diamond. I just wish my father would do the same. Whenever I'm in the car with my dad he's either listening to Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura. Argh!

Bono's shades said:
I just wish my father would do the same. Whenever I'm in the car with my dad he's listening to Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura. Argh!

BonoShades-

Mentioned of Dr Laura makes me giggle.
I was on her talk-show once:ohmy:
True story.
I broke down and called her outta desparation:ohmy:
After years of counseling w my now former wife..she told me I had to "stay w her"...
I explained how she treated me very shitty-for years.
I explained how she attended counseling but really didnt want the marriage to work..She went to counseling for appearences only.
Dr.Laura said it didnt matter..that I married "the nut bag" I should of known better.

I changed my name for annomity puposes BUT friends IN a DIFFERENT state recognized my voice..and called afterwards asking if it were I:cool:

Later I found out she was cheating on me.
I realized later part of her shittiness to me was the guilt she felt, her unhappiness in the marriage.
I never called Dr Laura w an update.
Im now happily divorced:)
Kids are doing well too:)

DB9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom