How honest are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How honest are you? How honest do you expect other people to be? How do other people handle your honesty? How do you handle theirs? I am not making a correlation here between truth and honesty. I'm defining honesty as what you believe to be true (not necessarily what is).

I try to be honest when something matters to me or if someone would be hurt by my dishonest. I am not always so honest if
I'm indifferent to the topic, think it is a frivilous question, don't trust the motivation behind the question. I find most people can handle honesty if it is given gently, but I don't think most people really like it if it goes against something ingrained in them or challenges their image of themselves. I think honesty causes people, including myself, to become uncomfortable.

Are you willing to be uncomfortable? Are you willing to make someone else uncomfortable?

I used to be uber-naive when I was younger.

I respected everyone, and thought they knew what they were doing, and thought they were honest to me.

The big thing, though, is over the years, I've gotten able to be more honest to myself about things.

I agree generally with what you say above, though.

I'm very aware of how other people feel so often times I withold information, or statements, or opinions. That isn't neccesarily the best thing, not all the time. You've got to be able to express yourself with confidence when you need to

And I'm doing that more and more lately.

Learning how to deal with making someone uncomfortable is valuable.

As far as overall........... well.......
I think most people hate or can't take honesty, and live in a deluded world. Either that, or they just can't see what's going on around them,,,,,,

but,,,,,, I have a theory about people using illusions to counter illusions. For instance, someone feels alone or depressed, (which is an illusion), so they use drugs to escape (illusion).

It's a visicou cycle...... and.........

reality thus becomes the illusion
(very postmodern.......)

...........hmm...............

How honest are you?
Slightly above average.
(If a fat girl asked if she was fat, I'd lie to make her feel good :wink:)

How honest do you expect other people to be?
Average.

How do other people handle your honesty?
Depends on who it is.

How do you handle theirs?
Cautiously.

Are you willing to be uncomfortable?
That's why I'm here.

Are you willing to make someone else uncomfortable?
All the time.

Honest enough to not dare answer the questions in this thread. :wink: :| :huh:

I'm honest just when I can.

I tend to lie with the things I don't like of my past...

there's being honest and there's being factual.

i am always honest with those i love, even if i don't always give them the facts they ask for.

Back
Top Bottom