How bad is the problem with random beatings in Milwaukee ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
It appears there is a problem there. It is sad.

[q]Milwaukee detectives question several people in beating of motorist

Man critically injured
ASSOCIATED PRESS

5:57 a.m. December 28, 2005

MILWAUKEE – Several people were being questioned by detectives in the beating of a motorist who was dragged from his car and severely injured, police said Wednesday.

The 50-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition with head trauma after the beating late Monday on the city's north side, according to police.

His condition had improved by Wednesday morning, police Lt. Scott Lange said. He gave no further details on the victim's condition or on the people he said were being questioned, except to say there had been no arrests.

City officials asked for the public's help in finding the assailants, believed to be between 16 and 23 years old. It was the latest in a string of mob beatings in the city since 2002.

The young people surrounded the man's vehicle after he honked at them because they were in the middle of the street, police said.

"It's Christmas week. A guy's trying to drive down the street. What's the problem here?" said Mayor Tom Barrett.

The victim, 50-year-old Samuel McClain, was going to a friend's house, said his niece, Jennifer McClain.

Police said he was pulled from the car, and witnesses said they saw some attackers climb on cars and jump on the victim's head.

Britney King said she and her two sisters saw the attackers doing flips and cartwheels from cars onto the man.

"It looked like they were having a block party," she said.

Several mob beatings have taken place in Milwaukee's inner city in recent years. In 2002, more than a dozen people, mostly boys, chased a man through the streets and beat him to death with shovel handles, rakes and tree limbs.

A man with schizophrenia died after being beaten and robbed by a group in 2004. Six teens were charged; one was convicted, charges against four were dropped and one is awaiting trial.

Four days after that attack, a 14-year-old boy was kicked, punched and hit on the head with a piece of lumber after he exchanged words with a girl. He was in a coma for two weeks. Also that summer, four brothers were beaten by a group armed with bats, bottles, sticks and socks stuffed with canned food.[/q]

Last edited:
Sick. What is wrong with these kids that they derive enjoyment out of that? I believe that they do actually enjoy it, I have even read about some of them saying they did it out of "boredom" :|

:mad: It's an massively over-developed sense of entitlement and a grossly under-developed sense of empathy. :tsk:

In other words, "It's all about ME!!!!!" :sad:

BluRmGrl said:
:mad: It's an massively over-developed sense of entitlement and a grossly under-developed sense of empathy. :tsk:

There is not enough WORD in the universe for your post. I live in Milwaukee and this is huge news. The victim's son was interviewed this morning on one of our local newscasts. His family is trying to hold on as best as they can and they, too, are questioning why this happened. The victim did not hurt or threaten these kids in anyway, but they couldn't handle someone telling them what to do so they beat this poor man to a pulp.

I've noticed this sense of entitlement and lack of empathy everywhere I go and it cuts across races, nationality, and economic backgrounds. I've especially noticed this in the workplace and the attitude among management is, "These kids are our future and we have to accept it." Huh? I remember getting in huge trouble for coming into work five minutes late.

That's a vile piece of news. I used to live in the Northridge area of Milwaukee and, although we had Dahmer and Jesse Anderson in our midst, most people I knew didn't have major problems with safety on the streets.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Sick. What is wrong with these kids that they derive enjoyment out of that? I believe that they do actually enjoy it, I have even read about some of them saying they did it out of "boredom" :|

Agreed, Mrs S. Boredom, my arse. What scares me is that there are people who will defend that excuse.

What the hell possesses these brats to behave in such a despicable fashion???:mad:

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Agreed, Mrs S. Boredom, my arse. What scares me is that there are people who will defend that excuse.

The "boredom" excuse is frequently followed by a shift in blame to lack of government sponsored activities to complete the "no personal responsibility" manuver.

BluRmGrl said:

You said it. It's just plain, old-fashioned evil. :mad:

If something isn't done to stop this soon, these brats will pick on the wrong person one day, and end up with some military drill sergeant or ex-Hell's Angel beating all of their asses into the ground.

it seems the "victim" was in the area to buy some crack cocaine

and he approached the group

an argument ensued

and he got his beating

different *facts*

are *your* condemnations and conclusions the same?

deep said:

different *facts*

Deep, what are you on about? We're discussing the wider issue of 'mob violence' on the streets of Milwaukee. Not just one this one incident. :huh: Therefore, yes, I stand by my comment that ANYONE who uses boredom' as an excuse for this sort of behaviour has a serious problem.
25.gif

Last edited:
deep said:
it seems the "victim" was in the area to buy some crack cocaine

and he approached the group

an argument ensued

and he got his beating

different *facts*

Yep. They are. I don't care what he wanted to buy, and violence is not a solution for a disagreement. I don't think a bunch of brats should be beating anyone for any reason. Mob "justice" isn't acceptable.

indra said:

Yep. They are. I don't care what he wanted to buy, and violence is not a solution for a disagreement. I don't think a bunch of brats should be beating anyone for any reason. Mob "justice" isn't acceptable.

Quite.

Back
Top Bottom