House builders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
I am really pissed off at the construction workers that are making houses around me house. They just chopped down like 5-10 oak trees that have at least got to be about 500 years old each. The trees were outside of my property but the cover my back yard so that no could see into my backyard from the street or anywhere around my property. So now theres a bunch of gaps where there used to be enormus beautiful oak trees.

:scream: @ the :censored:in construction workers!

Im going down to City Hall on Mon to see it that is against the law to cut that many down at one time!

That sucks :( I remember last year there were some beautiful trees right outside my bedroom window and they got cut down - it was really sad, like seeing something which had been there for far longer than I've been alive just being cut down like that :sad: (yes, i'm a little too sentimental :slant:

those idiots

yes, same thing is happening here. there was this beautiful wetland/forest near my home. and the bright mayor decided to demolish all of it to put in a shopping mall and townhomes starting at $350,000. across the highway from the shopping mall. and condos. :|

adamswildhoney said:
I am really pissed off at the construction workers that are making houses around me house. They just chopped down like 5-10 oak trees that have at least got to be about 500 years old each. The trees were outside of my property but the cover my back yard so that no could see into my backyard from the street or anywhere around my property. So now theres a bunch of gaps where there used to be enormus beautiful oak trees.

:scream: @ the :censored:in construction workers!

Im going down to City Hall on Mon to see it that is against the law to cut that many down at one time!

The workers were doing what they were hired to do. Your complaint is with the developer and the morons at the city who gave the developer the permits. Don't yell at the construction workers.

Trees that old should not be cut down. Its just wrong. Trees give air and freshness and shade when its hot. They deserve to live.

:|

souLnation2002 said:
Trees that old should not be cut down. Its just wrong. Trees give air and freshness and shade when its hot. They deserve to live.

:|

They can also be turned into houses. And houses can be equipped with air conditioning.

speedracer said:

They can also be turned into houses. And houses can be equipped with air conditioning.

thats true, but the best air for us in what earth makes for us to live on!

martha:
Im mad at the developer and everyone that is involved with the whole project bc its such a destruction of nature!

speedracer said:

But imagine you have the choice of sitting in a house with air conditioning, or else sitting outside in the shade of a beautiful old tree. Which are you going to choose? :happy:

*Fizz, who loves to sit in the local park on hot sunny days :cool:

FizzingWhizzbees said:

But imagine you have the choice of sitting in a house with air conditioning, or else sitting outside in the shade of a beautiful old tree. Which are you going to choose? :happy:

*Fizz, who loves to sit in the local park on hot sunny days :cool:

Well, since it hit 90 degrees Fahrenheit for something like 25 of the last 40 days in Boston, I'd have taken the former. :p

speedracer said:

Well, since it hit 90 degrees Fahrenheit for something like 25 of the last 40 days in Boston, I'd have taken the former. :p

Eeeek, really? :eek: I guess I should learn to appreciate living in a relatively cool climate then. Although considering that it's rained for most of my summer, 90 degree weather doesn't sound like a bad option ;)

Back
Top Bottom