horrors.......the KKK has a web site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm not surprised or shocked at the fact that there is at least one Ku Klux Klan web site! I just saw one, after I, uh, entered "Ku Klux Klan" in Google. Yeah, I'm sick, demented and completely crazy. No, I didn't cut and paste a f:censored:g KKK web site URL. Only one site that turned up was an actual KKK-sponsored site, the others were anti-Klan sites that gave the history of the KKK movement. The only time I actually met a Klan member I got drunk shortly thereafter. It's the only rational thing to do after meeting such cruds. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Heh...I took an entire course on internet hate sites. There's thousands of them.

Melon

I've never taken a look at it, but apparently the official KKK site has a "children section". That way they teach them yougens to hate just like their papa did.

I visited one a few times a while ago, after really learning just how some of these people think on a somewhat affiliated (ie a few member crossovers) political forum. It's a huge forum and well known, I cant remember the exact name, but its known as The Phora. They'd all come over huffing and puffing on their blind hatred after the hosts of their server would close them down for the millionth time.

melon said:
Heh...I took an entire course on internet hate sites. There's thousands of them.

Melon

Oh, I know. I've seen at least one anti-Semitic site also. It claims that Jews own everything, etc, etc. It's a really sickening bunch of lies.

oh yes,

i remeber taking a peek at just a few hate sights, when i was going on & learning the Net in a more concentrated way--7 yrs ago. I didn't search, some of the liberal/left-leaning sites had links, just to remind people how (sp?) virulent they could be <shudder :madspit: > .

While I think they are vile, misguided, hateful people, I think freedom of speech is one of the most important freedoms in this world.

I totally disagree and condemm everything they say BUT I will always defend their right to say it.

btw - I'm Jewish......AND Israeli.....they're gonna LOVE me, right???

LMAO

AchtungBono said:
While I think they are vile, misguided, hateful people, I think freedom of speech is one of the most important freedoms in this world.

I totally disagree and condemm everything they say BUT I will always defend their right to say it.

LMAO

I agree.

AchtungBono said:

LMAO

Oh, I agree. They have the right to have web sites. My point is that I don't have to like them. In this day and age every damn political Tom Dick and Harry has their own site with their own views. That's fine. It's a good way to get your views out without being a media big shot. In that sense the Internet is great for democracy.

verte76 said:
Oh, I agree. They have the right to have web sites. My point is that I don't have to like them. In this day and age every damn political Tom Dick and Harry has their own site with their own views. That's fine. It's a good way to get your views out without being a media big shot. In that sense the Internet is great for democracy.

Exactly.

Angela

I dated a Klansman once

:reject:

:uhoh:

Hold on a minute, I didn't know it at the time. He was gorgeous, gentlemanly, chivalrous, and treated me like a lady, bringing me flowers and doing whatever I wanted to do on dates. He opened doors and called me "M'lady." He was no 'brain dead loser', he made good money and was basically a smart and interesting guy. I had no idea what he was until he took me to their meeting house. It was a plain old white house, never suspected a thing. He called it a 'lodge'. He took me upstairs and showed me the secret meeting room. It had no windows, and a circle of seats around a cross with red light bulbs on it. He told me I was the only woman who had ever seen the inside of that room. There was nothing shocking about that room, but downstairs in the kitchen they had a bulletin board with some very upsetting literature on it. I couldn't believe what I saw. He invited me to a rally, and I went and stood way back (next to some Chinese girls!) and watched. I saw them burn the cross with gasoline soaked burlap. They didn't really make any racist speeches, but they did hand out 'literature' and took donations in, I kid you not, a plastic lard bucket with the label still on it :lmao: He was there, robe, hat and all, shades on under the eye holes.

Yes, I did feel differently about him after this. But I was afraid to break up with him right away in fear his 'friends' might trash my parents' house or car or something. So I went to the movies with him once after that, but refused to go back to his place with him. A few days later he called me up and asked me to go to a jamboree in Alabama and stay in a hotel with him. I outright told him I wouldn't go, and wanted to stay away from the Klan. After that he was cold to me so breaking up came naturally. But it was an interesting experience. You just never know who they might be.

The worst thing was, he told me they sold fruitcakes at Christmas under an assumed name, and that blacks were some of his best customers. That was sad :(

Lilac, I used to go to a local bar way-back-when. A few of the guys I knew there used to congregate in the back yard of the bar, a real mess of a "parking lot". After awhile I found out these guys were a group of Klansmen! I stopped going to the place. Period. That was pretty scary. I had no idea until I happened to see one of them at the courthouse with a KKK jacket on. I asked him if he was in the Klan, and he said "Yes.....what do you think"? I lied and told him I wasn't political. What do you say to a f:censored:g Klansman?

Back
Top Bottom