"Homosexuals. I think it's kind of gross."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
From the Washington Post:

The rally was a love-fest in the conservative, rural Florida community. Three busloads of schoolchildren from the Heritage Christian School waited for an hour and a half to see Cheney and clap for the man they said speaks to the issues important to their lives.

Asked to name the country's biggest problem, 12-year-old Vivian Resto said, "Homosexuals. I think it's kind of gross, and my mom and I believe it should be a man and a woman."

Bang up job those parents are doing!

I have the suspicion that little Viv's parents haven't taught her much about heterosexual relations, but they just have to make sure she's a bigot.

And she and her mom think homosexuality should be between a man and a woman? :huh: Hmmm....perhaps they should work on sentence structure.

LOL. That's kinda funny.

Although truthfully, anyone who's not homosexual will find it gross, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I know I find the thought of doing a guy in the arse disgusting. Is that wrong?

shart1780 said:
Although truthfully, anyone who's not homosexual will find it gross, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That's absurd.

I think parents who convince kids that homosexuality is this country's biggest problem are kind of gross :down:

shart1780 said:
LOL. That's kinda funny.

I know I find the thought of doing a guy in the arse disgusting. Is that wrong?

Well, you can find it disgusting, so I suggest you don't engage in homosexual activity. Pretty simple really.

As for your declaration "anyone who's not homosexual will find it gross" well, that's bullshit. Do not tell me, or anyone else, what I find gross. You don't have a clue what other people find gross.

Re: Re: "Homosexuals. I think it's kind of gross."

macphisto23 said:
amen Vivian

Huh? You really think homosexuality is this country's biggest problem? It would be GREAT if the sexual orientation of the nations' citizens was this country's biggest problem.

U2democrat said:
well i don't want to see two guys or two girls makin out.

then again i don't like seeing straight people make out. :shrug:

True. I don't wanna watch anyone make out.

And I don't think what I said is absurd. Do you not find the idea of boning a guy in the arse utterly disgusting?

I am trying to imagine you being any cruder but its just not happening.

I will tell you what I told others - Sexual Preferance is peoples own goddamn business, deal with it.

shart1780 said:

Do you not find the idea of boning a guy in the arse utterly disgusting?

frankly, this isn't something i've seriously thought about. what consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business, not mine.

A_Wanderer said:
I am trying to imagine you being any cruder but its just not happening.

I will tell you what I told others - Sexual Preferance is peoples own goddamn business, deal with it.

:applaud:

I can't understand why people obsess SO much over what other people do behind closed doors.

I'm not gay, but if you're going to point it out, "normal" sex (i.e. between a man & woman) is pretty damn disgusting if you think about it. Engorged parts and bodily excretions and - ICK!!!!

The point is, "gross" "normal" and "disgusting" are subjective. I don't spend my days wondering what other CONSENTING adults are doing in the privacy of their own homes & I hope they don't spend their time wondering about me.

Live and let live because mine is not to judge - that's my 2 cents.

Why not respect everyones opinion? If someone thinks its gross then they are entitled to their opinion! God forbid a parent teaches their child about the traditional man/woman relationship!

What crosses the line is when discrimination starts happening, and this 12 year old saying it's gross is not discriminating...it's just stating her opinion that she thinks its gross.

I'm 23. I think homosexuality is gross but then again I have homosexual friends and would never discriminate against them. There's a huge difference.

too many people are way too pc.

Look, I don't want to censor anyone here, but at the same time, we have gay post-ers and readers here, so just maaaaayyyyybe you might wanna temper your lovely remarks about homosexuality being gross.

That's not, by the way, a suggestion. :|

Come on, 12 year olds think "boys/girls have cooties" and such. They probably think holding hands or french kissing is gross too. I would take any comment a 12 year old makes regarding something they're simply not old enough to understand with a grain of salt.

Geez you guys are so politically correct. Most men find homosexuality gross!!! It's not wrong at all, it's perfectly natural. I'm not saying we should outlaw gay sex because it's icky or anything, I'm just saying I find homosexuality gross and most men who say otherwise are lying. Period. Most, not all. I wouldn't care if a gay man told me he would find sex with a woman disgusting because of course HE WOULD. It's not abnormal or intolerant at all.

Hey, I am deeply offended by that - how dare you call me politically correct.

We have had threads like this before and they all lead to the same conclusion, you have a valid point and others have a valid point but we will not be able to change eachothers minds. I respect your opinion, leave it at that.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Geez you guys are so politically correct. Most men find homosexuality gross!!! It's not wrong at all, it's perfectly natural. I'm not saying we should outlaw gay sex because it's icky or anything, I'm just saying I find homosexuality gross and most men who say otherwise are lying. Period. Most, not all. I wouldn't care if a gay man told me he would find sex with a woman disgusting because of course HE WOULD. It's not abnormal or intolerant at all.

I think you should learn to think before you post, shart. If you did, you wouldn't have to do all this backtracking (because that is exactly what you are doing). What you first posted was: "Although truthfully, anyone who's not homosexual will find it gross, and there's nothing wrong with that." "Anyone" does not = most.

And since you aren't most men, just one very young kid, I suggest you not try to speak for all mankind.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Come on, 12 year olds think "boys/girls have cooties" and such. They probably think holding hands or french kissing is gross too. I would take any comment a 12 year old makes regarding something they're simply not old enough to understand with a grain of salt.

Not only that, I wonder if she thinks it gross because her parent's used the word - gross - in relation to homosexuality, or did they actually tell her about the act itself? I think not. Most never do.

On that note, there are things about being a woman that are gross - that I won't go in to, but I wouldn't want to be described to a young person as being gross. Just that's the way it is.

tolerance and accepting as right are two completetly different things. I tolerate homosexuality, but I don't think it's right. I suppose my parents didn't raise me correctly :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom