hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
looks like another plane crash in NYC

this time in queens

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................

I feel like hmmmmmm-ing too.

------------------
"Find the meaning of the act, remember how it goes
Every time you take the water and you swim against the flow
The world is all around us, the days are flying past
And fear is so contagious, but I?m not afraid to laugh"

Neil Finn

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
How can an engine just "fall off" ?????

The experts say that's very difficult to happen under 'normal' circumstances. Not imposssible, but extremely rare!

------------------
"Find the meaning of the act, remember how it goes
Every time you take the water and you swim against the flow
The world is all around us, the days are flying past
And fear is so contagious, but I?m not afraid to laugh"

Neil Finn

It could happen though. Last summer, a flight of Air Transat lost all its fuel over the North Atlantic in normal conditions of flight. The pilot, Robert Pich?, managed to flight his Airbus 300 to the Acores for 20 minutes, a reccord. The probabilities for an Airbus 300 to suddenly lose his fuel in flight is, according to experts, 1 / 100 000 000, under normal conditions. I guess that if that can happen normally, losing an engine also can happen. Also, in 2000, it was wheels that caused the crash of the Concorde.

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org

?Je" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org

?Je</A> suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

Sorry, it's not I / I00 000 000, but I / I 000 000. Remember that the TWA flight that was destroyed in '96 was also a small probability (the explosion of an airplan in flight under normal conditions). Probabilites for an airplane to crash, or at least having problems, are mostly during the lift-off and during the landings. The Airbus is a very safe type of airplane, but does not fall of that rule. The crashed happened near an airport after lift-off.

And, of course, these days, a terrorist attack cannot be put aside "juste like this". I wouldn't be surprise by any of the theories (accident or terrorist attack). but remember : it's war and war is played on both sides. But my guess goes for the "simple" accident.

Cheerrrrsssss

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org

- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

Originally posted by Holy John:
It could happen though. Last summer, a flight of Air Transat lost all its fuel over the North Atlantic in normal conditions of flight. The pilot, Robert Pich?, managed to flight his Airbus 300 to the Acores for 20 minutes, a reccord. The probabilities for an Airbus 300 to suddenly lose his fuel in flight is, according to experts, 1 / 100 000 000, under normal conditions. I guess that if that can happen normally, losing an engine also can happen. Also, in 2000, it was wheels that caused the crash of the Concorde.

I thought that pilots, if they're certain their plane is going down, are trained to dump as much of their fuel as possible to minimize the explosion?

They did dump fuel. At least, that's what the medias said, but the medias......

------------------

- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

Yes Bama, I really think the pictures showed an Hollywood set for a future film and they messed-up the tapes. It's the evil medias, because evil is now fashion, it does sells.. so why not say everything is evil since it sells and the economy is fucked-up. I'm really sure it's not true, naaah. Can't be true.

Back
Top Bottom