His grades were not sexy nor was he..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
1118128925_2198.jpg

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...portray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student?mode=PF

I never exactly considered the guy a knight in shining armor. That being said I'm not sure grades should be used as the sole means of determining someone's intelligence. There are some highly intelligent people who don't test well. I myself was a horrific tester; I used to joke that nerves cost me a letter grade on my GPA, and that wasn't entirely a joke.

verte76 said:
I never exactly considered the guy a knight in shining armor. That being said I'm not sure grades should be used as the sole means of determining someone's intelligence.

yes but in the meantime ppl always made issue of GW's grades in college, when the truth is they mirrored eachother.:wink:

db9

Actually I think Bush's intelligence is question due more to the fact that he can't speak, every business he's touched has failed, nothing he's achieved has been on his own, and those ears of his.:wink:

:blahblah:

Us Bush bashers are fucking bored with these kind of articles. Leave this back in 2004 where it belongs.

And I don't need to bash him for his "intellect." I don't have to bash him for his inability to string together complex sentences. I can bash him for his glaringly bad domestic policy. I can bash him for his zealous approach to Iraq. I can bash him for appointing extremist judges. I have plenty of things to bash Bush over that aren't trivial like his grades at Yale. Yeah, if I had millions of dollars and didn't have to work, I'd hope to have great grades too. And I worked hard so I could get great grades, in spite of it.

Melon

Last edited:
melon said:

Us Bush bashers are fucking bored with these kind of articles. Leave this back in 2004 where it belongs.

Melon

trouble is..this was not made public until now..therefore there was nothing to be bored of re this topic..

what is accurate is:

some wince at the sting of truth.:)

db9

Last edited:
Read my edit, diamond.

And, BTW, I read something similar to this over six months or more ago. It's not news to me.

I don't know why this is now suddenly newsworthy, when, really its old news. Or is this turning into a yearly trend, like when news reporters rehash the "Tylenol kills your liver if you overdose" reports we get every year? Because we've known about that for nearly 25 years now.

Melon

Last edited:
Actually Diamond, you should really go further and establish a case for Bush being possibly way MORE intelligent than Kerry, as Bush boozed his way through college (and possibly worse) whereas Kerry seemingly didn't indulge to any great extent in such debaucherous activity, yet Bush still managed to "achieve" roughly similar grades. :wink:

However, this avenue could possibly lead to various anecdotes being rehashed by the "Bush-bashers", so it might not suit your purpose. :wink:

Last edited:
melon said:

And I don't need to bash him for his "intellect." I don't have to bash him for his inability to string together complex sentences. I can bash him for his glaringly bad domestic policy. I can bash him for his zealous approach to Iraq. I can bash him for appointing extremist judges. I have plenty of things to bash Bush over that aren't trivial like his grades at Yale. Yeah, if I had millions of dollars and didn't have to work, I'd hope to have great grades too. And I worked hard so I could get great grades, in spite of it.

Melon

Many bashed Reagan in the present.
Alot changed their minds later, not wanting to be on the wrong side of history.
Ergo Melon I hope you do not find yourself on the wrong side of history.

And I find it suspect you never bash Kerry's wealth.
So much for openmindedness.

cheers,

db9

financeguy said:
Actually Diamond, you should really go further and establish a case for Bush being possibly way MORE intelligent than Kerry, as Bush boozed his way through college (and possibly worse) whereas Kerry seemingly didn't indulge to any great extent in such debaucherous activity, yet Bush still managed to "achieve" roughly similar grades. :wink:
:hmm:
yes the difference is Bush owned up..

making statements like"When I was young and foolish..I was young and foolish"..

unlike Kerry manufacturing his war history and getting caught w egg on his face...

therein lies the differnce of the character of these 2 men.

peace,

db9
:)

Some people's grades are low because they are not bright. Some people's grades are low because they are brilliant but not good students. I would never judge any President or Presidential candidate based on their college grades just as I would not like my employer to give a rat's ass about mine, which sucked, frankly. College was too fun to waste time studying. :wink:

I used to work for someone who told me that he got the lowest scores on one test that the state of California had ever seen, prompting his teachers to call his parents to tell them their son was retarded. He went on to become the editor-in-chief of one of the largest publishing houses in NYC. True story. :)

diamond said:

Ok, I get it. The relentless march of history dictates the appointment of increasingly conservative judges, tax breaks for the super-rich. I'm not sure if I like your vision for the future, diamond.

:wink:

diamond said:
:hmm:
yes the difference is Bush owned up..

making statements like"When I was young and foolish..I was young and foolish"..

unlike Kerry manufacturing his war history and getting caught w egg on his face...

therein lies the differnce of the character of these 2 men.

peace,

db9

OK, so a draft dodger is now more "characterful" than someone who goes to fight for his country? Come off it dude.

melon said:
Read my edit, diamond.

And, BTW, I read something similar to this over six months or more ago. It's not news to me.

I don't know why this is now suddenly newsworthy, when, really its old news. Or is this turning into a yearly trend, like when news reporters rehash the "Tylenol kills your liver if you overdose" reports we get every year? Because we've known about that for nearly 25 years now.

Melon

i think it's funny you edited twice..you only have 49 minutes left to in that post if u choose to do another "rereedit" mr melon:sexywink:

peace,

db9

financeguy said:

OK, so a draft dodger is now more "characterful" than someone who goes to fight for his country? Come off it dude.

But Bush never claimed any heroics in pilot school, never embellished his record..was humble..
On the other hand Kerry woulda said how he chased Commies back to Cuba if he were in the same flight school as Bush, based on his home movie camera antics in Vietnam, only to have witnesses there rufute his claims decades later.

cheers,
db9

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
Some people's grades are low because they are not bright.
Some people's grades are low because they are brilliant but not good students.. :wink:

. True story. :)

ms joyful,

it's easy to tell you were a slacker in college.

db9
:angry:

diamond said:
Many bashed Reagan in the present.
Alot changed their minds later, not wanting to be on the wrong side of history.

The Left ultimately won when it came to historical judgments on Reagan.

"Why," you might ask? Because what people never comprehended is that Reagan would not be judged based on what he actually did, but by how people perceived what he did. Reagan, despite his history of pandering to the Religious Right and creating a multi-trillion dollar debt, is now trumpted as the master of secular-based, fiscal conservatism. In other words, welcome to Bill Clinton's Democratic Party.

Isn't romanticism grand? And we don't have to even trash Reagan to win in the end.

Melon

I had good grades at college and now I'm a slacker at 30. What's the f***** deal with that? :sad:

diamond said:

ms joyful,

db9

Because I turned out so good and ended up with a fabulous career? No, I was not one who peaked in college. :wink:

financeguy said:
I had good grades at college and now I'm a slacker at 30. What's the f***** deal with that? :sad:

See, you shoulda played then, work now. There's still time, though. :wink:

diamond said:

ms joyful,

db9

Oh wait, I didn't mean to imply that I am of the latter example I gave, the brilliant but bad student. I was just talking about Bush and Kerry, and people in general. Me, I was always kinda average, more street smarts than book smarts. But I've always had a good work ethic (as you can see since I'm posting from work :D ) and good luck getting good jobs.

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

Oh wait, I didn't mean to imply that I am of the latter example I gave, the brilliant but bad student. I was just talking about Bush and Kerry, and people in general. Me, I was always kinda average, more street smarts than book smarts. But I've always had a good work ethic (as you can see since I'm posting from work :D ) and good luck getting good jobs.

lucky and joyful fit you:angry:

and i agree w the streetsmarts..altho if u woulda listened..i coulda got u into the ellispe love.

db9
:wink:

ps-
i think the only reason you passed is that you flirted with your professors.:angry:

Last edited:
The fact that Kerry might've not had great grades in high school doesn't change the fact that 1,500 or so Americans have died looking for weapons of mass destruction, we went from the biggest surplus in history to the biggest deficit in history, unemployment is the highest it's been for a long time, and hate for America is at the highest level it's ever been at. So, regardless of grades, Bush has been a terrible president. Honestly...I'm generally very open-minded about things like this....and I seriously can't find anything that he has done right in the last five years. Everything has gotten worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom