His grades were not sexy nor was he..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh, unusually I'd have to agree with Sting2 here, 'most' means a simple majority of the people who voted, most of the people who choose to vote did indeed vote for Bush.

As for those who didn't vote, that was their choice to voluntarily exclude themselves from the democratic system, for reasons best known to themselves.

my grades suck, but i sure as hell don't consider myself dumb because of what a few letters of the alphabet say.

i also know several people with sky high GPAs and they are the most ignorant people i have ever met. they can tell you anything about astrophysics but they don't know what political party their governor is, or who their governor is for that matter.

Last edited:
Probably you're not hearing a ringing defense of Kerry because I doubt that a lot of people voted FOR Kerry as much as they voted AGAINST Bush. I wasn't exactly thrilled that Kerry was the best the Democrats had to offer. I think I'm going to change my name legally to "None of the Above." Bet I win an election in a landslide. I don't expect a Mensa IQ in my leader, but I expect good judgment. Didn't get either. Just a lot of swagger. He does do swagger good.

Plenty of smart people might not be able to tell you what party their governor is from or even who the governor is because they will tell you it really doesn't matter. Previous governor was Ridge (Republican) who apparently mastered the colors in a crayola box and wanted to put that knowledge to good use by colorcoding our safety factor and cuurent governor is Rendell (Democrat) whose answer to sagging Pennsylvania economy is to cut funding to the libraries and bring in slot machines. Indifference may not be so much ignorance as disgust.

The unemployment rate does not tell you the type of jobs at which people are employed or who has just dropped off the unemployment compensation rolls. The unemployment rate is not the sole indicator of a strong economy or an economically secure people.

U2democrat said:
my grades suck, but i sure as hell don't consider myself dumb because of what a few letters of the alphabet say.

i also know several people with sky high GPAs and they are the most ignorant people i have ever met. they can tell you anything about astrophysics but they don't know what political party their governor is, or who their governor is for that matter.
Hey don't knock the astrophysics people :wink:

I must confess though that I get strange looks whenever I defend things like deposing Saddam Hussein or bringing facts into the conversation when people start talking about "Bush's Pipeline in Afghanistan". Better to think for yourself, at least that way you will be remembered.

Last edited:
Both parties are pretty good at talking points. That's why I'm Independent.

Angela Harlem said:
Are republicans honestly unable to see how and where Bush fucks up?

Please....stay on topic.....

sexiness is the topic

Me too.

This is kind of an old and tired topic, and I don't think any good is going to come of discussing it further. No one has said or done anything bad here; I just don't think we're going to get anything out of rehashing the old "who's smarter, Bush or Kerry" debate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom