Hillary Supports the President!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
HILLARY HAWKS UP WAR TALK

By DEBORAH ORIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 3, 2003 -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton "fully supports" President Bush's Iraq policy, her office said last night - on the eve of her visit today to an upstate arsenal that makes military hardware like mortars and howitzers for U.S. troops.
"Sen. Clinton fully supports the steps the president has taken to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction," said Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines.

That puts Clinton (D-N.Y.) squarely at odds with a majority in her own party, where one recent poll found an Iraq attack is opposed by 66 percent of "core Democrats."

The statement comes after months where Clinton - who voted for an Iraq attack last fall - has low-keyed her support and sharply criticized aspects of Bush's security policy, sparking speculation she was trying to have it both ways.

A month ago, she sent a letter to Secretary of State Colin Powell charging that the Bush administration wasn't sharing enough intelligence to support the work of U.N. weapons inspectors.

"If we are truly serious about supporting the U.N. inspections, we should increase our intelligence support to the inspectors," said the letter.

Im not shocked.
Typical Clintonan move.

Calculate and wait.
No principles, will turn on their polictical base at anytime to suit their own polictical agenda.

DB9

Oh please. First off, get your heads out of the sand. There are many Democrats who support the war on Iraq, and, if anything, the Clinton era showed how centrist they were amongst Democrats. Not all Democrats are as out there as Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), but the conservative media would certainly like you to believe that they all are.

And diamond, your last statement fits the Republican Party as well, so please, if you're just going to contribute stereotypes and inflammatory statements, then don't contribute at all.

Melon

moi?
what about you..?
:)
according to you..Bush always panders to his base.
Now was Bush pandering to Trent when he proposed the 15 billion to Africa?:huh:

thank u-
Db9:angry:

Last edited:
diamond said:

A proposal and actually going through with it are two different things. If he does go through with it--without terrible restrictions--then he will get some credit from me.

Melon

diamond said:
moi?
what about you..?
:)
Your "Bob Jones Mantra"
Tiresome so very tiresome rhectoric, Melon my boy..
Let us know.

thank u-
Db9:angry:

Speaking to Bob Jones University and the Christian Coalition says loads about his character, mein diamond. Not only is Bob Jones University racist, but it is homophobic, anti-Semitic, and anti-Catholic. Please tell me why I shouldn't hate him for speaking there?

Melon

U2Bama said:
You should not "hate" anyone.

Tell that to all the "good Christians" who initiated and voted for "Defense of Marriage" acts and/or oppose anti-gay discrimination legislation.

I grow tired of being "tolerant" in a clearly "intolerant" society. What goes around comes around.

Melon

Last edited:
But I would suspect that all of them do not "hate" you; they disagree with your lifestyle and do not want to see it legally recognized. Since it is your lifestyle, you definitely should not "tolerate" their actions, but that doesn't mean you should "hate" them. I don't see wat it will acomplish.

~U2Alabama

It is no more a "lifestyle" than a heterosexual relationship, and I challenge all of you to ask yourself if you could be alone and celibate your entire life if people told you to, not to mention "converting" to another sexuality.

However, I don't see mass legislation to enforce Catholic morality on a heterosexual relationship, including banning divorce and all forms of birth control, aside from the rhythm method.

I will not extend tolerance to those who will not extend it back.

Melon

Once again, I agreed that you should NOT tolerate their actions, whilst also stating that you should NOT hate the people.

If you are convinced that your hatred of these individuals will truly lead to change, then perhaps you should wear you hatred high on your heart as you wage this battle. But I think that if you base your battle against injustice on the weapon of hatred, you will put yourself in the company of that Phelps goob with the "God Hates Fags" organization. They came to Birmingham a couple of years ago, right here in the buckle of the Bible Belt, to hoot and holler and protest across the street from the local gay church. Not one single local Christian church showed up to join the "God Hates Fags" goons, but a handful of members of various churches did show up to counter-demonstrate against them.

The late Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., when visiting Montgomery, Alabama after Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white person, said "[we] are still determined to use the weapon of love." He accomplished great things with that weapon.

~U2Alabama

Who am I kidding? I'm about as harmless as Moby. :p

I'm angry, yes, but I'm nice to everyone, no matter how much they might not deserve it. Yes, I'm very nice to Republicans and business executives, if you were wondering....and that would include if I met Dubya in person.

I might have every reason to hate people, but I just can't. I'm an idealist until the end.

Melon

U2Bama said:
Once again, I agreed that you should NOT tolerate their actions, whilst also stating that you should NOT hate the people.

If you are convinced that your hatred of these individuals will truly lead to change, then perhaps you should wear you hatred high on your heart as you wage this battle. But I think that if you base your battle against injustice on the weapon of hatred, you will put yourself in the company of that Phelps goob with the "God Hates Fags" organization. They came to Birmingham a couple of years ago, right here in the buckle of the Bible Belt, to hoot and holler and protest across the street from the local gay church. Not one single local Christian church showed up to join the "God Hates Fags" goons, but a handful of members of various churches did show up to counter-demonstrate against them.

The late Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., when visiting Montgomery, Alabama after Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white person, said "[we] are still determined to use the weapon of love." He accomplished great things with that weapon.

~U2Alabama

this sort of mentality is universal, though it is very hard at times to maintain.

The support is purely political. God forbid any attack happens that could be linked back to Saddam. Then her chances at the presidency are ruined. It is better to error on the military side of this issue than the fallout9no pun intended) from the damage of being on the wrong side in the other direction.

U2Bama said:

I pondered the same, dreadsox.

Did you get some words/threads crossed, DiamondBruno9?

~U2Alabama
yes
it was about Deep and Melons "cheering" of young Dreadsox's bolting the Republican Party:huh:
Silly me.
too many hot topics and windows opened.:huh:
got my wires crossed:angry:

DB9

Last edited:
Once people lose their naivete, they always bolt the Republican Party. :angry:

:sexywink:

Melon

:huh: Ummm..that's why I bolted the Democratic Party....:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom