Hey Mom, Guess What I Learned In School Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Boy, 10, found with explosives

Nablus, West Bank - A 10-year-old Palestinian boy was arrested on Monday at a checkpoint in the northern West Bank carrying 10kg of explosives, Palestinian and Israeli security sources said.

The youngster was taken into Israeli custody after he was found with the explosives contained in a bag, said witnesses at the Huwwara checkpoint just outside the town of Nablus.

"A 10-year-old was arrested with explosive material at a checkpoint near Nablus," an Israeli military source said, adding that he was in possession of 10kg of explosives.

"He was taken into custody for investigation. The explosives were detonated in a controlled manner."

The boy frequently worked at the checkpoint, carrying bags for local residents, the witnesses said.

The checkpoint was closed while the controlled explosion was carried out.

The idea of a "child" is generally a Western luxury. Before the modern era, what we deem as "children" today were seen as "mini-adults," and, thus, were certainly worthy for everything from hard labor to marriage even.

When you have a virtually non-functioning society--and there are several around the globe--using children as pawns in adult games is inevitable. It is part of a larger problem, not just in terrorism.

Melon

Melon,

Are you derailing this thread with rational / coherent remarks?

Are we not just supposed to HATE Palestinians and Moslems in general.

Please do not humanize, we are not one race.

We are good, they are evil.

[end/ mild sarcasm]

melon said:
The idea of a "child" is generally a Western luxury. Before the modern era, what we deem as "children" today were seen as "mini-adults," and, thus, were certainly worthy for everything from hard labor to marriage even.

When you have a virtually non-functioning society--and there are several around the globe--using children as pawns in adult games is inevitable. It is part of a larger problem, not just in terrorism.

Melon

True. In former times royal brides and grooms were barely out of their nurseries before they were betrothed to their future spouses. They were "mini-adults" who were married when they hit puberty.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Ones that thought a ten year old wouldn't get searched.

And THIS is why I get so upset at people who themselves get upset that children and the elderly are searched at airports. Who better to use as a mule (drug or weapon) than that person that we think shouldn't be searched because we deem them innocent based solely upon looks and social ideals? How easy it is to slip a prohibited item into grandma's knitting bag or Jr's diaper when we hold onto the idea that people "just wouldn't do something like that"!

ok, off my soapbox before I get going...

some more clarification on the 10 yr old

two important things -at least as far as I can see not known/??or reacted to by the comments on the first several postss of this page.

if this has been mentioned/reacted to, I apologize for repetition. {I'm in a hurry and still have 2 other forums to go to }

I heard on my public radio discussion late morning that the boy was motioned to by 2 men some distance away from the checkpoint. They offered him 10 dollars to carry this pack past the gate { I can't remeber now- whther he was told to give it to somebody...}.

The boy comes from a real poor family and 10 dollars was probably a fair amount of money. So he took the pack . Maybe these men had been watching over time to see who was a frequent passer-through, and this boy did do errands.

If he didn't get the bag across or something like that they were going to detonate it by cell phone any way :mad: :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Re: some more clarification on the 10 yr old

dazzledbylight said:
.If he didn't get the bag across or something like that they were going to detonate it by cell phone any way

It is indeed reported that the intention was to use the boy, as a human bomb and he didn?t even knew about it . How cruel is that?

BTW, the boy was released home later on.

Re: Re: some more clarification on the 10 yr old

sarit said:

It is indeed reported that the intention was to use the boy, as a human bomb and he didn?t even knew about it . How cruel is that?

This is truly evil. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom