Hey Melon, have you read Whats So Amazing About Grace?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I have not, although I just read the Barnes & Noble synopsis, along with customer reviews, and it looks very interesting. I may have to pick it up at the library or something sometime.

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

I've read it and I liked it. Made me wish the church around me was actually like that. *sigh*

Yancey has some really good things to say, imo. Another book of his I enjoyed along the same lines is "The Jesus I Never Knew."

Amazing book!
Opened my eyes, my mind, and my heart to a lot of things.

I also LOVE Max Lucado books!

Peace

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Yeh, check it out, melon...and anybody...it's quite good. Yancey writes in a very accessible style. He was highly critical of the mainline churches in that book, as I remember. I've read The Jesus I Never Knew and just finished The Bible Jesus Read, also very insightful.

OOOH...yet more books to add to my "ever-growing and will never get through" list!

Hey, have any of you read "Walk On" yet by Steve Stockman?? I should be getting that from Amazon any day now...

thanks!

Disco

I have been contemplating the concept of grace a lot lately( seems to be a sad lack of it sometimes). I came upon the memory of one of my favourite sayings of my dear old mum. Nine words and there it is nestled in the middle,
"there but for the GRACE of God, go I" oldie but a goodie imho
smile.gif

Thanks for the reading recommendation..intended for melon I know,but spread the word man
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cass:
I have been contemplating the concept of grace a lot lately( seems to be a sad lack of it sometimes). I came upon the memory of one of my favourite sayings of my dear old mum. Nine words and there it is nestled in the middle,
"there but for the GRACE of God, go I" oldie but a goodie imho
smile.gif

Thanks for the reading recommendation..intended for melon I know,but spread the word man
biggrin.gif

The question of what exactly IS "Grace" has come up before in another thread.
As far as I understand the term, "Grace" is God's neverending and unconditional love towards ALL of us.
I believe that there is NO lack of it, but as with most everything that is from God, I must recognize it,turn towards it, accept it, and work with it... AND give it away!
I once also read something like the following,
G.R.A.C.E.: God's Redemption At Christ's Expense.

Peace
smile.gif

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Hey, have any of you read "Walk On" yet by Steve Stockman??

It's an okay book. It gives you a better idea of where Bono might be coming from on a spiritual level. Stockman also makes some accurate criticisms of the church but he kinda sticks Bono up on a pedestal a bit much which comes off to me as a hardcore bias... considering the context of the book.

If you guys liked "What's So Amazing About Grace," I hear you'd like Yancey's new one, "Soul Survivor" too.

------------------
Just go now?
You feel like love is gone?
Can you not holding out?
Can you not wait awhile?

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 12-11-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom