He's Dead Jim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
And anotherone bites the dusts. Okay the words are that Arafat is dead, but they will not announce it for a few plausible reasons.
- The King Hussein scenario ('died' at home, not away)
- Final looting of the squirreled away funds
- Getting ducks in a row for the impending power struggle/Pali civil war.

This is a preemptive thread for the actual, factual death of Arafat.

I hope that he pays for what he has brought upon so many people.

He's not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead. :eyebrow:

(I don't know this as fact - I just like finding the opportunity to apply quotes from The Wizard of Oz as summaries of today's current events. Perhaps I should get out more.... :reject: )

Ding Dong The Fish Is Dead
Which Old Fish
The Arafish

arafish.jpg

There is a rumor going around on the liberal listservers that he got poisoned. I think this is rather far-fetched. Officially, the cause of death is "an unknown illness". We'll never know for sure.

Actually, the Palestinians confirmed the other day that the option of poisoning had been ruled out.

Ive wondered if he died of AIDS. They kept calling it an undisclosed blood disease...k, if it was cancer they'd say it, if it was anything "normal" they'd say it. Makes ya wonder doesnt it?

As far as celebrating his death, I won't do that. He may have done some HORRIBLE things but it's not for me to judge. He'll have to face that when he gets to the other side.

It has been rumored that he has died of AIDS. But those are just rumors, no one has commented on that officially.

I agree that this is not the time to celebrate publicly his death, though probably many are happy that he died. Let the Palestinians mourn his death and hopefully a true negotiation can take place now. No excuses left for Sharon for not having a partner (though up till now that was the case).

He could have had sepsis, when an older person gets an infection they can't fight it sometimes gets into their blood and causes septic shock that causes the organs to shut down. The kidneys are usually the first to go. The person loses conciousness and never wakes up. I lost a relative to this, also at age 75 :sad:

Last edited:
I thought the poisoning rumors were a little off-the-wall, I'm not surprised that some people repeated them, however. I'm not a health professional, but I don't know if poison would put anyone in a comatose state before death. It might have been sepsis, as U2Kitten suggested, and perhaps we can't absolutely rule out AIDS. At any rate he's gone.

The Romanian intelligence cheif said that Arafat had a few games of "find the pickle" with his bodyguards and the video was in the hands of appropriate authorities. My money is on AIDS, maybe the Queers for Palestine organisation is not as much as an oxymoron as I once thought.

And his death was much easier than most of his victims who died violently:(

It's not all good, somewhere in an IDF bunker the name Arafat is being wiped off a hellfire missile.

Back
Top Bottom