Help ease my mind - Did Bush burn Oregon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am not a person that normally, or ever, goes along with ideas of "conspiracy theories". BUT something happened this week that has me seriously thinking. Bush came to visit my small Oregon town. He came to talk about his "Healthy Forest" plan, which he calls "thinning". Well it turns out that his "thinning" includes old growth trees (250 to 300 years old) and in many areas that are of no threat to population, and his plan takes away all public hearings and votes on the subject.

So he is coming into town on Thursday. On Tuesday, two forest fires started at the same time about 10 miles away from eachother (that's very close in forest fire terms). The cause was at first unknown but then was suspected as arson. You see 90% of our forest fires start from "dry lightning". It was clear with no lightning on monday and tuesday.

When Bush came and spoke he used the "current raging fires" as examples of why we need to "thin" the forests.

Does anyone find this more than a little coincidental??

And I think what really bothers me is that this thought even came to mind. I wouldn't have thought twice about it with past presidents, but after what i've seen of this administration the past few years, it was the first thing that popped in my head.

Very interesting theory. But I doubt it, I mean come on Bush is one of the greatest environmentalist this country has seen.

and his plan takes away all public hearings and votes on the subject.

This is the part that gets me. This seems to be a growing occurence with this administration. Another four years and we just may have the dictator we've always wanted...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Very interesting theory. But I doubt it, I mean come on Bush is one of the greatest environmentalist this country has seen.

This is the part that gets me. This seems to be a growing occurence with this administration. Another four years and we just may have the dictator we've always wanted...

That was the part that got me too. I am not the kind of tree huggin guy that would live in a big old Ponderosa to stop it from being cut down. I don't mind some limited logging, and actual thinning is a good thing IMO. But to take away the public's voice is not right.

womanfish said:
and his plan takes away all public hearings and votes on the subject.

This bothers me too. What, no votes or public hearings? Considering that Bush has such an awful record on the environment this doesn't surprise me. This legislation stinks.:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

I do not think W or his people started any fires.

It is possible that a mill owner or someone who would benefit from the "healthy forrest" program which is a give away of old growth lumber to these people 'may' have helped the argument.

If you want a conspiracy theory

1. We have a major black out and the admin says pass the energy bill, we need to drill in Alaska

2. Now I see headlines that say gasoline will go to $3 - $4 a gallon soon. Maybe now we will drill in anwar and lessen environmental restrictions on refineries

Back
Top Bottom