..... he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Many believe this man may run for President of the U. S. in 2008.

Would you vote for him?

Honestly, I have to admit I could. It would depend on who the other major candidate is. I always vote for one of the two major party candidates.

NO WAY!

I think if someone is cruel to an animal then they also have the ability to be cruel to a person. Besides, anyone who could do something to despicable certainly isn't someone I'd want leading my country!

I'd sooner not vote than vote for a person who was cruel to animals.

Frist the Cat...killer!

'Fristy' is wealthy, personable and a friend of the president

Los Angeles Times

Published Dec. 21, 2002 FRIS21

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As he prepares to become the next Senate majority leader, Sen. Bill Frist is on the cusp of another milestone in his second career that some believe may include a run for the White House in 2008.

"Fristy" to his friend President Bush, the heart-and-lung transplant surgeon from Tennessee already had been mentioned as a possible secretary of the new Department of Homeland Security, a future party leader in the Senate, even Bush's running mate in 2004. Not bad for a man who didn't bother to vote until age 34.

Frist, 50, and two years into his second term, is a consensus builder who presents himself as a "compassionate conservative" and for years he has spent portions of his vacations performing free operations all over Africa.

William H. Frist is a fourth-generation Tennessean who learned to fly as a teenager and soloed for the first time at age 16. His father, Thomas Frist Sr., was a cardiologist who in 1968 founded the Hospital Corp. of America, now known as HCA, the nation's largest chain of for-profit hospitals. According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

As a source of wealth, HCA could prove politically nettlesome down the road as Frist comes under increased scrutiny. After a protracted federal investigation, the company pleaded guilty in 2000 to charges of large-scale Medicare fraud and agreed this week to pay more than $880 million in fines and restitution. Frist, who never worked at HCA, was untouched by the investigation.

But his financial disclosure forms indicate that he, his wife and children hold millions of dollars in HCA stock. And during his time in the Senate, he has accepted more than $1.8 million in campaign contributions from health-care and related industries, according to data compiled by campaign finance expert Dwight L. Morris.

Frist has rejected suggestions that because of his investments he recuse himself from health-care legislation. He has argued, instead, that the Senate benefits from his expertise. If he becomes majority leader, however, "he's going to get a level of scrutiny that he's not used to," congressional scholar Norman Ornstein said.

Frist, one of five children, earned his bachelor's degree from Princeton and his medical degree from Harvard. As a student, he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them. Frist later confessed that it had been "a heinous and dishonest thing to do." After postgraduate training at Stanford University, at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and in the United Kingdom, Frist returned to Tennessee. He taught at Vanderbilt University and founded its transplant center; he performed more than 200 organ transplants.

Frist told an interviewer for the Hospitals & Health Network that he had not voted earlier in life because "I didn't realize how significant the impact of an individual could be." In his bid for political office, Frist upset James R. Sasser, a three-term Democratic incumbent, by a 14-point margin.

His voting record is quite consistently conservative. He is generally opposed to abortion, though he has made exceptions for rape, incest and protecting the life of the woman.

Oh-my-goodness. Is anyone else as disgusted as me by this? (And before anyone says it, no it's not because this politician is a Republican, I'd be as disgusted no matter what his party allegiance.) It's just a sick and cruel thing to do.

Ugh. :barf:

deep said:
Many believe this man may run for President of the U. S. in 2008.

Would you vote for him?

Honestly, I have to admit I could. It would depend on who the other major candidate is. I always vote for one of the two major party candidates.

well if everything goes according to plan, Hillary!

So, you would have a catkiller vs. one who would want to extend health care to cats. Hmmm, which candidate would get the PETA endorsement....

us3 said:
'Fristy' is wealthy, personable and a friend of the president

Los Angeles Times

Published Dec. 21, 2002 FRIS21

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As he prepares to become the next Senate majority leader, Sen. Bill Frist is on the cusp of another milestone in his second career that some believe may include a run for the White House in 2008.

"Fristy" to his friend President Bush, the heart-and-lung transplant surgeon from Tennessee already had been mentioned as a possible secretary of the new Department of Homeland Security, a future party leader in the Senate, even Bush's running mate in 2004. Not bad for a man who didn't bother to vote until age 34.

Did not participate in the Reagan Revolution? Could this be strategy, not to alienate moderates?

Frist, 50, and two years into his second term, is a consensus builder who presents himself as a "compassionate conservative" and for years he has spent portions of his vacations performing free operations all over Africa.

Gets Arun vote here?

According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

Safer to be behind Kennedy than in front of him, esp at supper time.

As a source of wealth, HCA could prove politically nettlesome down the road as Frist comes under increased scrutiny. After a protracted federal investigation, the company pleaded guilty in 2000 to charges of large-scale Medicare fraud and agreed this week to pay more than $880 million in fines and restitution. Frist, who never worked at HCA, was untouched by the investigation.

Has the magic Regan-W teflon working.

But his financial disclosure forms indicate that he, his wife and children hold millions of dollars in HCA stock. And during his time in the Senate, he has accepted more than $1.8 million in campaign contributions from health-care and related industries, according to data compiled by campaign finance expert Dwight L. Morris.

Don?t tell McCain.

. As a student, he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them. Frist later confessed that it had been "a heinous and dishonest thing to do

Well, he lost the PETA and Sicy vote.

Frist told an interviewer for the Hospitals & Health Network that he had not voted earlier in life because "I didn't realize how significant the impact of an individual could be."

Don?t give this speech in Florida.

His voting record is quite consistently conservative. He is generally opposed to abortion, though he has made exceptions for rape, incest and protecting the life of the woman.

Could lose votes in the South.

According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

Did I read that right? He has about $20m and he's only the NINTH wealthiest Senator? Just how many millionnaires do you have in the Senate? And do people have any opinions on whether a person with a personal fortune of several millions can adequately understand the concerns of a person who struggles just to pay the bills each month?

I thought it could be Frist, being that he was involved w medicine and noting the author of the thread:|

Last edited:
i wouldnt start a thread about his past indiscretions..
and plez dont tell the Mods i called u predictable, ok?:sexywink:

thanks-

merry christmas-
dave
:wave:

:dance:

Last edited:
Well,

Would you call us3 predictable or unpredictable, if I told you he called my attention to this, and was going to post it?

You may have noticed he posted the article, well no matter.

Sorry you can't make it to Brenda's house. Everybody sent your girls' presents there. We will send them on to Phoenix. I can not guarantee your home made Non Christmas cookies will make it.

Merry Festivus

Again, Would you vote for this guy?

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Did I read that right? He has about $20m and he's only the NINTH wealthiest Senator? Just how many millionnaires do you have in the Senate? And do people have any opinions on whether a person with a personal fortune of several millions can adequately understand the concerns of a person who struggles just to pay the bills each month?

Fizz,

Sometimes the Senate is referred to as "the house of Lords'.

In 1994 the Republicans took the majority in the House with a promise of reform. (Contract with America). One plank was:

"10. THE CITIZEN LEGISLATURE ACT

A first-ever vote on term limits to replace career politicians
with citizen legislators." never passed!

Well, when they were in the majority they failed to follow through on terms limits, power corrupts regardless of party affiliation.

What the @#*(%&)@% is wrong with our "leaders"?

Okay so the senate maj leader Lott insults african americans. and we replace him with a cat killer?

I can't take it.

:no:

deep said:
Well,

Would you call us3 predictable or unpredictable, if I told you he called my attention to this, and was going to post it?

You may have noticed he posted the article, well no matter.
t.

Merry Festivus

Again, Would you vote for this guy?

us3 runs a great many ideas by me too.:)

i leave it to his discretion if he is to post things or not..

so far to his credit he has been unpredictable, coupled w a few dandys posts in the mix.:angry:

as far as voting for frist, i would based on his public service thus far.

he could not come over and feed the cats if i were on vacation though:huh:

thank u-

DB9

NYET255122313.jpg

Here kitty! kitty! kitty! kitty!

Here kitty! kitty! kitty! kitty!

Hmmmm

Hi all,

Gotta ponder this one for a bit. As some of you know, I am a veterinary student, and animal dissection is part of my curriculum. My guess is, Frist was trying to further his understanding of anatomy - would you rather he went out, adopted a child, and dissected the child to get his anatomy lesson? As much as I love animals and my chosen profession, animals are NOT humans. I'm not saying that what he did was right, there are other ways he could have acquired the knowledge he was trying to gain. But this is something he did a long time ago, we all have done stupid things that we probably wouldn't have done if we had thought them through a bit more. NO ONE is perfect, ANY presidential candidate is going to have skeletons in their closet. He has expressed remorse for his actions. Just remember - in God's eyes, all sin is equal. Lying, envy, gluttony, etc is just as repulsive to Him as murder.

Re: Hmmmm

bonosloveslave said:
Hi all,

NO ONE is perfect, ANY presidential candidate is going to have skeletons in their closet. He has expressed remorse for his actions. Just remember - in God's eyes, all sin is equal. Lying, envy, gluttony, etc is just as repulsive to Him as murder.

I've got to agree with this...it was a long time ago and he admits he was wrong. If that is the biggest skeleton in his closet, I can get past it.

bonosloveslave said:
Just remember - in God's eyes, all sin is equal. Lying, envy, gluttony, etc is just as repulsive to Him as murder.

Very well said, Beth.

It could be worse - he could have said something nice about Strom Thurmond. :|

bonosloveslave said:
Just remember - in God's eyes, all sin is equal. Lying, envy, gluttony, etc is just as repulsive to Him as murder.

I am sorry, you guys are losing me here.

Murder- Lock the SOB up for the rest of his life.

Envy- Good for the American economy, I want the 40" HDTV my neighbor just bought. I envy so much I may break down and go to Best Buy and get one. While I'm at it, I envy my friends new Grand Cherokee, I might have to go to Phoenix and get a Diamond deal!

As I am eating someone else's Happy Festivus cookies am I guilty of gluttony?

I think God's eyes are in better shape than you suggest.

If not, I hope he raises his hands to his eyes and heals himself.

Re: Re: Hmmmm

deep said:

I am sorry, you guys are losing me here.

I guess what I meant is, we all decide for ourselves (consciously or not) 'how bad is too bad'. Some think Frist shouldn't be elected if he runs for prez because of the cat situation. Others would say, well, if he murdered a person, that would be REALLY bad, then he definitely shouldn't get to be prez. Some would say the same if there was adultery in his past, where others would say who cares? What if he shoplifted as a 10 year old? At 40? At 10 years old, he would know what he was doing was wrong, but I bet alot of people would cut him some slack, vs. an incident occuring at 40 - BUT - shoplifting is shoplifting is shoplifting...........

Sorry to use these crappy examples, I don't mean to imply that Frist has done any of the above things :huh:

*WE* judge what will disqualify someone (in our eyes) from being a worthy leader of our country. In the big scheme of things, God doesn't keep a point sheet when we do something wrong - "Uhoh, white lie = 1 point - oh, there he goes again, stole an extra newspaper = 5 points..." When we commit any sin, big or small (in our eyes), God's heart is broken and we are seperated from Him. When we can admit what we did was wrong and ask for forgiveness, the relationship is restored, and it is like that sin is cast to the ocean floor, never to be dredged up again. SOOOOOOO nice that Christ is able to do that, I think we would all be alot better off if we were capable of doing the same.

Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

bonosloveslave said:

When we commit any sin, big or small (in our eyes), God's heart is broken and we are seperated from Him. When we can admit what we did was wrong and ask for forgiveness, the relationship is restored, and it is like that sin is cast to the ocean floor, never to be dredged up again. SOOOOOOO nice that Christ is able to do that, I think we would all be alot better off if we were capable of doing the same.

:yes:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom