Has anyone here ever been in/or still in the Army?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
.......Reason I ask is cause, good grief, I've been watching this Uk programme 'Lads Army' where 20 ( I tink) - (if someone else in UK saw this from beginnin, u'd maybe know better - I missed!) pple were chosen in order to be challenged to become soldiers? Or its a test to push public recruits or somethang!!!!!!! (oh I hope someone can correct me....:D)

ANYWAY! Its amazing the amount of bullyin goes on...........my jaw constantly drops although its the Army and what would u expect........but sometimes my heart goes out........what with this 'We Break You In Order To Make You' that goes on..........

So, have any of u been in part-time, full-time, maybe even about too or still in it and would like to share any 'bullyin' or 'tough' stories? Maybe not.......but I taht Id just ask, I dont mind if no-one answers....:) (that is if anyone heres been there....:D)

Of course, all men and women are to be broken before made - but do U think theres a line which shouldnt be crossed?

I just saw like two lads being pulled round by their ties and shoved onto the bed........them all (split in 2 sections) being made to eat banana and meat and pasta - mixed! :eek: as fast as possible in one pot, all the lads up on the table scoopin from this, to see which Section wins.........they all felt degraded like this and taht they were being treated like animals.............also having to sweep and whole yard on their knees with nailbrushes.........argh! so much more 'humilating' things happenin to them I see....I feel for some of them....and get upset when they get upset to and cant hack it no more.......but for those who are like that yet determined to stay in......'good on 'em' - I say....:)

anyone have any views?

me mam said she would punch all the instructors!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom