happiness for the free Italian hostages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
the two girls hostages that were held in Iraq by Gos knows who were set free!
Whole Italy is feasting it. The two girls, both named Simone, were there working for a NGO and were captured some 20 days ago
I'm so happy for them, their families and friends.
I hope the same can happen to all the hostages who are still hidden in Iraq!

Very good news for them and their families! I saw a photo of them and they looked so relieved and happy.

you know, the coolest thing is that the ENTIRE country is so happy with that!
All of us were so scared. They're just two courageous, young, great women!
I'd like to be as brave as them!

BBC
On their first day of freedom, instead of thanking Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for securing their release Simona Pari and Simona Torretta urged the government to withdraw its troops from Iraq.

...and...

But despite their ordeal, they insisted their perception of Iraq as an occupied country struggling for freedom remained unchanged.

"Guerrilla warfare is legitimate, but I am against the kidnapping of civilians," Simona Torretta, who speaks Arabic and was already based in Iraq before Saddam Hussain was ousted, told Italian daily Corriere della Sera.

"You have to distinguish between terrorism and resistance - I said it before and I repeat it today," she added.

Ms Torretta went on to describe Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's administration as "a puppet government in the hands of the Americans".

Back
Top Bottom