h.e.r.m.e.s... and other comic-lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Have you heard of Kabuki, by David Mack? The graphics are ten times better (talking about the coloured comics) than Sandman. Even though I'd prefer *reading* Sandman more, somehow Neil Gaiman is more dignified. Anyway, check this series out. Don't look for the black and white spin-offs, go for the coloured Kabuki series. If you haven't already heard about it.

Oh, and I'm wondering where can I order them online? Anyone who knows?

foray

Kabuki is great, it's written like poetry and the art is almost a visual equivilant to poetry.

Since you've read Sandman, you may already be familiar with some of Dave McKean's other work. If not I highly suggest checking it out.

As for ordering online, I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken the Kabuki website is www.nohtv.com.

Also, have you read alan Moore's FROM HELL, about Jack the Ripper?

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

Rising Stars by J Michael Straczynski is pretty interesting, and I really like the art. There's a lot of stuff that seems familiar.recycled from his previous work, but it seems like it will be pretty cool.

I've read a few issues of Sandman and found it to be really cool, especially conceptwise (the whole dream thing is of real interest to me), but the art wasn't too impressive.

Btw, you know Princess Mononoke? Have you watched the movie? Neil gaiman wrote the English script for it, well, I guess you know this already. Anyway, it has to be my favourite anime movie. I could watch it over and over... Someone once remarked that in the West, animators use special effects and make a big deal out of it (i.e final fantasy, toy story, dinosaur). But in Japanese anime, animators use super effects subtly and make it blend in. Do you think so?

01.gif

foray

Hey foray there are a few places to order online but some of them don't really carry that many back issues. The only place that I know that would is Mile High Comics - I've been to one of their actual shops and they do have a huge stock, so you might find just about anything you need here as well as start a subscription through them: http://www.milehighcomics.com/

Another Universise seems to be a popular one but I ran a Kabuki search and they seemed kinda limited unlike the above reference. but check it out you might find a good deal there. http://anotheruniverse.com/store/browse/browse.asp?x_tp=Comics&x_cat=Kabuki&x_key=kabuki

Bud Plant Comics gets 5 stars from me as far as being reliable. I actualy order from them through their catologs and they do have some nice wholesale prices on several items - make sure to check out their deals to see if they have something of interest. Again, it gets harder to find back issues but they have a great collection of TPBs - including KABUKI: METAMORPHOSIS which collects the first 9 issues of the series - btw the site says its expecting this book in sept. http://www.budplant.com/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=105884336795151&cd=KABUK

Well I hope this helps out a bit - I only hope that you guys support your local comic shops cause they really need the help and I dont how long it's gonna be till they die out. Btw anything by David Mack really is poetry - I've also been checking out his current work on Daredevil which is without a doubt the best book that publisher puts out. He's one of the few artists out there that I actually look foward to every month.
There is life after Preacher
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom