Guilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Click the ones you personally believe to be guilty as accused. (multiple selections)

• O.J. Simpson

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Michael Jackson

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Pete Townshend

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Jon-Benet' Ramsey's parents

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Robert Blake

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Phil Spector

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Mike Tyson

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Martha Stewart

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Scott Peterson

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Ray Lewis

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • that other basketball player whatshisname

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Multiple choice, click all that apply. If you want to discuss your selections on a post go ahead but you don't have to;)

Who is everybody? I know about 7 of them. That is, if Peter Falk is the one who was Columbo. What did he do wrong (and the others, although I do know of some)?

:confused:

Marty

O.J. Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Jon-Benet' Ramsey's parents
Martha Stewart
Scott Peterson

I think all of the above people are guilty. :down:

Phil Spector is a music producer accused of killing his wife. She was shot when there was no one else in the house.

Ray Lewis is a football player in the NFL. HIe and a buddy were accused of stabbing 2 other guys to death outside a bar. Both were found innocent, but no one else has been found guilty.

Scott Peterson is the guy whose pregnant wife disappeared on Christmas Eve was found brutally murdered in the bay with the baby taken out of her. He is accused of her murder and I think he did it.

Who else don't you know, Popmartijn?

O.J. Simpson
Michael Jackson
Jon-Benet' Ramsey's parents
Phil Spector
Mike Tyson
Martha Stewart
Scott Peterson

*edited to add Robert Blake :wink:

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Instead of Peter Falk, I think you mean Robert Blake

Oh man you're right! :der: what's up with that association? :crack: Sorry, don't sue me, would a mod either delete that choice or change it? :ohmy:

U2Kitten said:
Phil Spector is a music producer accused of killing his wife. She was shot when there was no one else in the house.

Actually, it wasn't his wife. It was a woman being in his house (why exactly I don't know either and apparently she wasn't his girlfriend either)

Who else don't you know, Popmartijn?

I know these persons:
O.J. Simpson
Michael Jackson
Pete Townshend
Phil Spector
Mike Tyson
Martha Stewart

and Kobe Bryant is a basketplayer player, isn't he?

Of those mentioned that I know, I don't know what Mike Tyson and Kobe Bryant are accused of.

I think OJ and Martha Stewart are guilty. Pete Townsend is innocent. I'm still doubting about Phil Spector and Michael Jackson (and by the principle of innocent until proven guilty, I go with their innocense).

C ya!

Marty

nbcrusader said:

Kobe Bryant is charged with rape. Mike Tyson was already convicted of rape.

Both cases involved a girl coming to their hotel rooms late at night.

Robert Blake is an actor accused of killing his wife.

Jon Benet Ramsey was a little girl who was in beauty pagents who got killed in her own bed. The reason most people think it was the parents is because there is no evidence it was anyone else, a couple of faked practice randsome notes were proven to the the mother's handwriting, and worst of all for me, the body was found in a secret room in the basement no one knew about but the parents. They used it to hide presents, even the kids didn't know it was there. The dad led the cops right to it. I can't believe any killer would bust into someone's home and take the girl to a secret room no one knew about? Then how did he find it, and how did he get out of the house? People who take a little girl from her room, like Elizabeth Smart or Polly Klaus, come in through the window and sneak out as fast as they can. They don't go down into the basement where it would be easy to be trapped and hard to get out. Also like OJ the parents were very rich.

I'll let the courts decide their guilt or innocence.

None of us are in possession of all the facts, and I should remind you all that the "guilt" of a person is decided on the premise that all are innocent and, thus, the prosecution must prove their case "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case and based on the "preponderance of the evidence" in a civil case. In terms of O.J. Simpson, whether he is guilty or not, Los Angeles bungled the case, planting more than enough "reasonable doubt." The evidence, though, was good enough to win a civil judgment against him.

Melon

Jon-Benet's parents aren't guilty of the murder, but they might as well have done it b/c they know who did and still haven't 'fessed up. And now John Ramsey is running for Michigan Rep (I think) :rolleyes:

They've lived in Michigan for several years. I think that's where they are actually from.

melon said:
I'll let the courts decide their guilt or innocence.

None of us are in possession of all the facts, and I should remind you all that the "guilt" of a person is decided on the premise that all are innocent and, thus, the prosecution must prove their case "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case and based on the "preponderance of the evidence" in a civil case. In terms of O.J. Simpson, whether he is guilty or not, Los Angeles bungled the case, planting more than enough "reasonable doubt." The evidence, though, was good enough to win a civil judgment against him.

Melon

Sigh :sigh: I knew as soon as I started this thread this lecture was coming.

But look, we're not the court, we're not the cops, what we say or think makes no difference, our opinions will not convict or exhonorate anyone. This is a U2 message board in a forum you can't even read without being a member, and most of the members never even come here. So how's it hurting anything to just take a sampling of our very own personal opinions and feelings on these cases?

Did I say it hurt? You can write whatever the hell you want.

Same with me. I can "lecture" all the damn well I please, and you can ignore it all the same, if you dislike it. But our American preoccupation with "punishment" is all too disconcerting at times.

Melon

Actually, I think a more interesting poll would use the same list but ask who people thought was not guilty. I don't think anyone is surprised that OJ has a huge number of "guilty" votes, but wouldn't it be more interesting to see how many "not guilty" votes he received? Same with Kobe Bryant.

ThatGuy said:
Actually, I think a more interesting poll would use the same list but ask who people thought was not guilty. I don't think anyone is surprised that OJ has a huge number of "guilty" votes, but wouldn't it be more interesting to see how many "not guilty" votes he received? Same with Kobe Bryant.

You can use it the opposite way and see who has the least votes :sexywink:

To me when someone does not select the box by the person's name, that is the same as a not guilty vote. Unless it's one of the lesser known people, then it might be that some people didn't say one way or the other if they didn't know about them.

I think Kobe and Martha are not guilty :reject:

And the Ramseys also have a house in Atlanta, I think. Colorado, Michigan, Atlanta, maybe more. Like I said, they're loaded.:(

Last edited:
I got this massive book for Christmas on the Ramseys. I can't recall the name of it...They're a very strange family. What remains is the shame the killer will never be brought to justice.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Jon-Benet's parents aren't guilty of the murder, but they might as well have done it b/c they know who did and still haven't 'fessed up. And now John Ramsey is running for Michigan Rep (I think) :rolleyes:

No question to me it was an inside job, if not the parents themselves than someone very close they know. The same could be said of OJ. Even though I am personally 99.9% convinced he's guilty, if anyone but him did do it, it was someone close to him. I have always believed Kato knows the truth and is using his alleged stupidity to get out of talking about it. I also think that guy who went on the Bronco chase with him, I forget his name, but I am sure that he also is in on it and knows the truth. But no one will convince me that some mysterious outsider who vanished without a trace committed either of these crimes :tsk:

U2Kitten said:

You can use it the opposite way and see who has the least votes :sexywink:

To me when someone does not select the box by the person's name, that is the same as a not guilty vote. Unless it's one of the lesser known people, then it might be that some people didn't say one way or the other if they didn't know about them.

See, to me there are two possible reasons that people don't vote guilty. Either they think they're not guilty, or they don't know/don't care. Plus I don't see anything that shows the total number of people who have voted, so you can't tell how many people think that OJ is not guilty. Not that I think it's worth starting another poll just to find out. I'm just sayin'. :)

Ramsey's have always had a home on Lake Charlevoix (on the west side of MI, sort of in the middle) and moved their permanent residence there.

NMICHIGAN392723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom