Guess What Another Global Warming Article.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:

If he is then whats up with the enormus electric bill? We have been recycling and trying to improve better. Why dosent he help poorer countries which have little or no regualtion on evironmental standards?

The US alone accounts for more than two thirds of CO2 emissions and energy consumption.

The poorer countries you mention are the countries hit the worst, and contributing nearly nothing.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Recycling some old newspapers isn't going to do anything. Why you always try to distract from the real issue by mentioning other countries I will never know.

Have you ever been to a "Third World Country??"

I have and the conditions there are horrid and if we lead by example, how will that happen with out the technology to do just that? You don't expect the government or private business to just give it up for free do you?

Justin24 said:

I see your point, but tell me who is behind Gore? What are his or their agenda? Is this a scare tactic like Y2k?

Again, I have to ask you, are you seriously raising these questions or just asking them to get a rise out of people?

If you would bother to do just a little bit of reading you'd realize that Gore did not just make this stuff up, nor is he the one who started it all. The scientific community has been monitoring this for quite some time, completely independent of any political figures.

If you honestly think that Gore is bringing this stuff up because of some hidden political agenda and nothing more, then you really are ignorant on the subject.

Justin24 said:

I have and the conditions there are horrid and if we lead by example, how will that happen with out the technology to do just that? You don't expect the government or private business to just give it up for free do you?

I really have no idea what you are saying here... :tsk:

Diemen said:

Again, I have to ask you, are you seriously raising these questions or just asking them to get a rise out of people?

If you would bother to do just a little bit of reading you'd realize that Gore did not just make this stuff up, nor is he the one who started it all. The scientific community has been monitoring this for quite some time, completely independent of any political figures.

If you honestly think that Gore is bringing this stuff up because of some hidden political agenda and nothing more, then you really are ignorant on the subject.

I am seriously raising these questions. Diemen please tell me why you will believe Gore a career politician and not this person who wrote the article.

Because these facts are not coming from Gore, but from the scientific community, who, like I said in my last post, have been researching this subject well before Gore ever got involved.

Did you even read my last post?

Diemen said:
Because these facts are not coming from Gore, but from the scientific community, who, like I said in my last post, have been researching this subject well before Gore ever got involved.

Did you even read my last post?

Yes I did and what makes this person who wrote the article not credible?

Diemen said:
What makes the vast majority of the scientific community not credible to you?

There not but when a scientist comes out with their own theory and yet it's not independant it's blasted or shot down. The person did their research.

Justin24 said:

No Intendes?

Yo no comprendo…

If you are saying we can't lead by example because we can't just give poorer countries technology then that doesn't make sense :huh:

What I was saying is that we have to clean up our own acts first, since we (the western and Industrialized nations) are currently the major contributors to the problem.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Yo no comprendo…

If you are saying we can't lead by example because we can't just give poorer countries technology then that doesn't make sense :huh:

What I was saying is that we have to clean up our own acts first, since we (the western and Industrialized nations) are currently the major contributors to the problem.

Puedes hablar espanol que bien :)

I agree with that but, how does China compare to the United States on CO2 emmisions?

I tend to err on the side of preservation. When given the opportunity to reduce emmissions that are known to be harmful (ignoring global warming for the moment), I think the wise thing to do would be to seize that opportunity. Even if the evidence only suggests that there may be a correlation between our emmissions/pollution and global warming, I think the smart thing to do would work on reducing any negative impact we may be contributing ourselves. It's no secret that we have put a lot of pollutants into the air, just look at the smog over the bay area on a bad day or LA on a typical day. We're not talking about make believe pollution.

Justin24 said:

Puedes hablar espanol que bien :)

I agree with that but, how does China compare to the United States on CO2 emmisions?

Are you serious??

So China isn't doing as well, so we shouldn't have to try harder?

That's a weak excuse. that's like saying - well Billy my classmate only gets a D in math, so why should I bother trying to get an A?

Diemen said:
I tend to err on the side of preservation. When given the opportunity to reduce emmissions that are known to be harmful (ignoring global warming for the moment), I think the wise thing to do would be to seize that opportunity. Even if the evidence only suggests that there may be a correlation between our emmissions/pollution and global warming, I think the smart thing to do would work on reducing any negative impact we may be contributing ourselves. It's no secret that we have put a lot of pollutants into the air, just look at the smog over the bay area on a bad day or LA on a typical day. We're not talking about make believe pollution.

Well I guess I can agree with you on that. But I still believe alot of it has to do with a natural cycle. Thats my theory anyways.

Justin24 said:
[B

How can you trust one persons science over another, if both show results. [/B]

Are the Scientist divided 50/50

the Tobacco industry ran out the clock for an extra 25-30 years by putting up their scientists that said they could find no link, "between tobacco and cancer"

you can find Medical experts that say HIV is not related to AIDS

So Justin, would you have unprotected sex with a HIV postitive woman?

deep said:

you can find Medical experts that say HIV is not related to AIDS

So Justin, would you have unprotected sex with a HIV postitive woman?

No and thats my point, who can we trust now?

Justin24 said:

No and thats my point, who can we trust now?

So with HIV, you would choose to do what would be the safest.

and with Global Warming you think having unprotected HIV sex is an option?

also, Why not just go with what a majority of the experts say?

deep said:

So with HIV, you would choose to do what would be the safest.

and with Global Warming you think having unprotected HIV sex is an option?

also, Why not just go with what a majority of the experts say?

actually, i think this analogy works rather well.

just because i have sex with an HIV positive person, it doesn't mean that i will always, absolutely, incontravertably get infected. and, gosh, it's certainly more fun to have sex without a condom (like driving and air conditioning ... skin on skin is just more fun than skin on latex), so why don't i just go out and continue to have unprotected sex even though some doctors are telling me that i could get infected with HIV. sure, i suppose it could happen, but we don't know for sure that it absolutely will happen.

also, don't forget

I have Scientific experts that will say that HIV is not related to AIDS.

that it is just a scam by the HIV drug makers and a ploy for Gore to say he is running in the next few months and crush the competition.

Vincent Vega said:
You mean that the UN, the EU, the single European states, Australia, new Zealand, the African countries, the Asian countries and the South American countries as well as Canada and Mexico take measure, seek for solutions, prepare and invest time and money for Al Gore's possible Presidential campaign?
Hey! were not part of that statist scam.

Justin24 said:

Yes, and I have absolutely no clue what any of this has to do with global warming or Al Gore.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom