Growing Concern on the Safety of Cellphones for Children

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is kind of funny that you of all people post this. You are the one always complaining about people taking away wooden swings and metal slides, making people wear helmets, etc... yet cell phones is where you draw the line?:huh:

"Smoking is safe for kids though, right?"

Please post where I said that.

"It is kind of funny that you of all people post this. You are the one always complaining about people taking away wooden swings and metal slides, making people wear helmets, etc... yet cell phones is where you draw the line."

I simply posted a link.

Why do you assume I say or agree with anything?

the iron horse said:
"Smoking is safe for kids though, right?"

Please post where I said that.

Well you are clearly against smoking bans in public places where children may breath it in. :shrug:

the iron horse said:

"It is kind of funny that you of all people post this. You are the one always complaining about people taking away wooden swings and metal slides, making people wear helmets, etc... yet cell phones is where you draw the line."

I simply posted a link.

Why do you assume I say or agree with anything?

The danger of not posting some personal commentary with the link...

"Well you are clearly against smoking bans in public places where children may breath it in."

When did I make that statement?

There are millions of children walking along streets breathing in the exhaust fumes from millions of automobiles.

You can't smell it, you can't see it, but it's there.

I'm not ever going into another debate on the "so called dangers os second-hand tobacco smoke" on this board.

I can't because all the baby boomers are dead from their WW2 parents smoking all those Lucky Strikes and Camels.

Plant a garden if you can.
Food prices are going up.

Take care :)

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Several times.

BonoVoxSupastar,

I'm just requesting a post a quote from me where I made that statement.

If I made that statement several times, it should be easy.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't understand why, because of my posts/links on this site, that some are so quick to make a judgement on what I think.

Take care :)

michael

Just one?

Sure:

I'm not saying tobacco use is something I recommend , but I am saying that everytime we embrace a new law that restricts personal freedom (in the name of protecting us) we give way to a society that will eventually take all our freedoms away.

So you are against any law that restricts smoking. Therefore you are clearly against smoking bans where children may breathe it in. 1 + 1 = 2

I also think there are too many "no smoking" laws these days.

There are laws that people can not smoke in wide open public places.

Smoking is a bad health choice
and parents that smoke in confined spaces that include children are harming them.

One can understand a law against that.

Are there more parents contributing to child obesity and early onset diabetes
than there are parents that are exposing children to second hand smoke these days?

Back
Top Bottom