Greatest teacher ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
I love The Smoking Gun.

The Smoking Gun - Bad Teacher!

This lovely teacher in Ontario basically verbally abused and terrified his students for 2-3 years.

Here is the basic rundown -

Canadian education officials are seeking to discipline a teacher for allegedly filling his high school classroom with a barrage of racist, sexist, and sexually charged comments. According to a remarkable complaint drafted by the Ontario College of Teachers, a copy of which you'll find below, William Fabel made offensive comments about the Holocaust, Osama bin Laden, gays, and fellow educators (among others) while working at St. Anne High School near Windsor. Oh, he even told one student that the boy's mother was a MILF. And then there was the time after the Columbine school shooting when Fabel entered class pretending to be a gunman and "had his students cower under their desks." The complaint is based on interviews with students who attended St. Anne during 1997-2002, when Fabel taught history, geography, and sociology to grades 9-12. Though initially referred to a disciplinary panel in 2003, delays kept Fabel from appearing before a tribunal until yesterday, when the College of Teachers charges were made public. The hearing for Fabel, who could have his teaching license stripped, has been adjourned to November 7.

The link above will allow you top read the first 9 pages of the complaint - the juicy stuff starts on page 4 or 5 - and even though it is sick - its unfortunantly very, very funny. Extremely offensive stuff - but this guy so would have been my favourite teacher. A floor show every lesson!:drool:

A broken clock is still right twice a day.

And nearly all that stuff is completely and utterly innapropriate.

Of course it is - but really, apart from the horribly sexist stuff and the anti semitism, I'd have loved a teacher to shed a bit of light on how the real world is...

Of course terrifying 16 year olds and claiming their mums are fuckable is not the way to go.

"How the real world is".....????

There was a lot more than just sexism and anti-semitism in that document. He made remarks about Italians, Asians, Blacks and Gays as well as making completely inappropriate remarks to kids, which goes beyond sexist remarks. Not to mention all the other remarks about handicapped and overweight people.

Sexism would be saying that the female teachers he worked with didn't know shit, saying that a very young girl had big boobs and rubbing on legs and saying things about looking up their kilts with cameras goes beyond sexism.

"Greatest teacher ever"

C'mon dude, I am not really politically correct and I actually love crude humor, sometimes very crude but this guy is a teacher who has impressionable kids and has an authority over them.
He should fucking know better than that.

Being irreverent and defiant of convention is one thing, being a completely offensive asshole teaching children is another.

OK - a couple of points - the title and the smiley heart thingy are obviously extremely tongue in cheek.

As I stated he has said a ton of stuff I dont agree with - however it's this type of person I'd like to have known as my high school here in Australia was all very friendly and celebrated multi-culturalism. Once I left school the rose coloured glasses fell off in a big way. It is a shitty world and I wasn't overly prepared for it.

And yes I also agree any physical contact is a huge no-no, and for that alone he shoudln't teach again. So please - I am not condoning the guys actions at all - but a few things I found kind of funny in an 'American Pie' kind of way.

Also the fact it happened in Canada - that throws me a bit.

Lets keep in mind that these behaviors are alleged. If he did behave in the way in which he had been accused, yes it is wrong and he should be punished. Lets also keep in mind that people and children who make accusations do sometimes lie.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Of course it is - but really, apart from the horribly sexist stuff and the anti semitism, I'd have loved a teacher to shed a bit of light on how the real world is...

Of course terrifying 16 year olds and claiming their mums are fuckable is not the way to go.
:scratch: Err...sorry? I'm not understanding you. Whether or not his behavior could be construed as funny in some other environment is not the point.

If he wants every class to be a "floor show," then he should have gone into standup comedy. Roping an "audience" of unwilling teenagers whose grades depend on pleasing him into his actor fantasies is childish and stupid.

I saw plenty of evidence in school that people can be dishonest, petty, backstabbing, self-centered, sadistic and duplicitous. Pretty good preparation for real life, if you ask me. I don't think having a teacher like this would have heightened my grasp of "the real world" any.

Ug. How did I know this guy would be a social studies teacher. :uhoh: Sounds like a nut job. I wonder why he kept his job for so long. Surely other teachers and students knew what was going on in his room. :hmm:

U2democrat said:
What a sick, sick man.

What do his wife and kids have to say in all this?

Sounds like this guy would tell you the Aristocrats joke if you asked him about his wife and kids.

The fact that he is Canadian doesn't shock me. We got just as many assholes as any other country. Just less, cause we have less people.:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom