Gray Davis..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Davis had to outspend Simon 2 to 1 to keep office. Simon is clearly a rookie when it comes to politics.

I thank Davis each month when I open my electricity bill - which doubled due to his :censored: actions. Even so, I am lucky to live near the coast and don't have AC. I can't imagine the bills people living in San Bernardino/Riverside are stuck with.

I hope Davis spent the money he received from Enron well.

:censored:

Not to mention the money from Tyco.

The GOP in California is filled with :censored: morons!
It was in the bag! IN THE BAG!

WHY?! :sad: :( :madspit: :madspit:

Our electricity bill is way the @#$% up there and I live about 2 hrs away from the coast!!!!! its really bad during the summers bc where i live it gets up into +110 and winters are terrible toooo!!!:mad:

nbcrusader said:
I thank Davis each month when I open my electricity bill - which doubled due to his :censored: actions.

You should thank utility deregulation for this. If anyone ever paid attention to their college-level economics text, you would see that regulated utilities are priced well below the equilibrium market price. Hence, deregulation will *always* lead to higher electricity prices.

In fact, you should blame energy traders like Enron, which purposely gouged electricity prices during the energy crisis to make lots of money off of California! There is reasonable suspicion that, due to Bush's association with Kenneth Lay and Enron (much of Bush's inner circle are also former Enron executives), that is why he chose to do nothing to stop California's energy crisis. This is also supported by the fact that California's energy crisis was seen to have been caused by the utilities running way underproduction, while, at the same time, crying "shortage." *This* is why you should have supported the GAO's quest to see Dick Cheney's energy policy papers that he drafted with Kenneth Lay. But guess what? Now that we have a completely Republican federal government, we'll never get that.

So continue blaming Gray Davis if it makes you all feel better.

Melon

Last edited:
adamswildhoney said:
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: i dont like him and dont want him to be Gov of Ca!!!!!!! :mad:

He is the reason why Califorina has a lot of problems!!!!!!

No, he's the reason why the problems still exist today, or have become greatly exacerbated. His "solutions" suck.

Davis received more money from Enron than any other politician in the United States. Davis panicked and signed long term contracts to purchase electricity at inflated rates.

And Davis is a victim of the current administration?

nbcrusader said:
Davis received more money from Enron than any other politician in the United States. Davis panicked and signed long term contracts to purchase electricity at inflated rates.

coupled w/ the fact that the "canary" was the San diego county crises in the summer of '99. Astute assemblymen and state senators asked him to convene an emergency session. he said no, he was too busy fund raising....

Last edited:
martha said:
Because the Republicans pandered to the conservatives. They could have nominated Riordan, who actually could have had a chance against Davis.

And Davis made a politically smart move by relentlessly attacking Riordan during the primaries.

nbcrusader said:

You're ignoring a clear fact in the face of partisanship. A lot of politicians, indeed, received Enron money. But when you have an executive branch that intimately interacted with Kenneth Lay--and then have Cheney claim "executive privacy" to push the Congressional investigation of his energy policy crafted with Kenneth Lay under the rug--you have a problem. This goes beyond campaign contributions.

Melon

nbcrusader said:

And Davis made a politically smart move by relentlessly attacking Riordan during the primaries.

Riordan also ran a pretty inept campaign, his campaign org. was to say the least disorganized. I think he thought he would coast thru the primary. Simple Simon got a major boost from Rudy. If Rudy doesn't do that commercial....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom