"Grande Pitch For God"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't know what the Rick Warren quote is, I'm sure someone somewhere might have a problem with it

I remember reading about some people getting all up in arms over the Armistead Maupin quote :rolleyes:

How anyone can be bothered by a quote on a coffee cup is beyond me..they even have to put a disclaimer on it

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/starbucksstirsthingsupwithagodquoteoncups&printer=1

Yes, I'm sure there will be some who are offended by Warren's quote.

And, for those who can't find the In & Out Burger Bible reference, it is on the inside rim underneath the drink cups. Don't look for it with a full drink. :wink:

still, it's better than Chik-Filet which gives you free copies of the right wing propaganda machine The Washington Times.

and at least Starbucks is open on Sunday ...

Irvine511 said:
still, it's better than Chik-Filet which gives you free copies of the right wing propaganda machine The Washington Times.
What do you mean?
THE EVIL VIRUS UPON US

A magazine cover story about postmodern life on the American college campus depicts three monkeys in cap and gown, covering their ears, eyes and mouth, a parody of the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil caricature. But students at many colleges actually get quite the opposite. They're required to hear, see, speak and study all about evil, as long as it's the evil oppression of everybody in American society.
Parents, inoculate yourselves. It may be too late for your children.
"Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, Afro-American Studies, Women's Studies, Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Studies," writes Roger Kimball, author of "Tenured Radicals," in New Criterion magazine, "are not the names of academic disciplines but political grievances... Parents are alarmed, rightly so, at the spectacle of their children going off to college one year and coming back the next having jettisoned every moral, religious, social and political scruple they have been brought up to believe." These studies inhibit debate, corrupt young minds and infect learning with a virus for which, like bird flu, there is not yet an antidote.
link

;)

Back
Top Bottom