Gracious victor/loser pledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Starting November 3 (or whenever it's clear who the winner is) there is going to be alot of animosity. I want to start this thread for people to "sign" that they will be gracious winners or losers. By "signing" this I pledge not to be rude to the victors/losers, nor will I rub it in. I will be kind to my fellow Interferencers, even if they may be unkind to me. etc. etc.

~U2Democrat~

piss off. and that wasn't a joke. :huh:

Well, I'll be too drunk on champagne after Kerry's win so I should be ok to sign the pledge for a few days after the election.

I'll be glad to take the "gracious loser" pledge. This is a super idea, U2democrat. I've already made the statement that this is in no way personal, I have nothing personal against Bush. It's honest disagreement. I don't hate him or whatever. If he wins he is my President and I respect the office of the Presidency, no matter who fills it. Strangely, I wouldn't disagree with him as much if I thought he was a consistent compassionate conservative, like my own Republican congressman, Spencer Bachus. Bachus is a terrific compassionate conservative whom I like very much, even though I am always voting for his Democratic opponent on principle. He supports debt relief and has worked with Bono. So it's not like I can't respect compassionate conservatives, I really can. I'll be nice, I promise.

Damn, sharky, if Kerry wins I'll have to get drunk to think straight. It wasn't so long ago that I thought he was absolutely f:censored:d. and now the race is apparently competitive. What a shock that would be, a nice one, of course.

If Kerry wins electoral college vote

and Bush wins pop vote.

I will be consistant and not say absurded things like it is what the founders wanted.

The E C must go.

I won't say anything mean about Spot or Barney, how's that? ;)

Just kidding--I think most people here know that I have no personal beef with Bush, even though I disagree with just about everything he says and does.

So I can't do this?

chicken_dance.gif

if kerry wins I promise.

if bush wins fire will be flying from my mouth.
:wink:

sharky said:
piss off. and that wasn't a joke. :huh:

Well, I'll be too drunk on champagne after Kerry's win so I should be ok to sign the pledge for a few days after the election.

that hurt...and I too refuse to sign the pledge, although I am pretty sure my guy is not going to win.

Can't sign. If Kerry wins, I am rubbing it in and saying it's God's will.:wink: If Bush wins...well, let's not even go there.

joyfulgirl said:
Can't sign. If Kerry wins, I am rubbing it in and saying it's God's will.:wink: If Bush wins...well, let's not even go there.

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established." Romans 13:1

I'm sure you will praying for our President either way. :wink:

nbcrusader said:

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established." Romans 13:1

I'm sure you will praying for our President either way. :wink:

I will.

In some odd way I wouldn't mind if Kerry won as my fiance'e is a Liberal.
Her Bday is Nov 3 and it's going to be hell if I have to sleep on the couch.:angry:

We've already made this pledge -that there will be no gloating from either side.

My only hope is that it breaks for one side because if it's close we know the Democrats will try and cheat again:sexywink:

db9

AZ_Wildflower said:
In some odd way I wouldn't mind if Kerry won as my fiance'e is a Liberal.
Her Bday is Nov 3 and it's going to be hell if I have to sleep on the couch.:angry:

We've already made this pledge -that there will be no gloating from either side.

My only hope is that it breaks for one side because if it's close we know the Democrats will try and cheat again:sexywink:

db9
oops posted under her name:angry:

did i third party candidate emerge that has a chance of winning? did i miss something. the way i see it doesn't matter who wins, we are all going to be losers.

Back
Top Bottom