Gore Vidal, Michael Moore & Noam Chomsky Are NOT The Holy Trinity nor Infallible!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Gore Vidal, Michael Moore & Noam Chomsky Are NOT The Holy Trinity nor Infallible!!!!

Some of you think that if you post some witty, well-written article by one of these admittedly brilliant writers, and the conservative members of a message board can not adequately respond to it, then article MUST be 100% correct! That is not true, folks!

Look, I could post every persuasive article written by William F. Buckley, Jr., George Will, or Hal Crowther, and there may be some points that some of you could not counter in what I consider to be a "satisfactory" manner.

Satirists and commentators on both sides of the aisle and from all bands of the political spectrum are capable of writing brilliant, poignant articles. All of them use spin in one way or another to deliver what may be the same facts in different ways.

Look, it's great if one of those guys puts your views into print in a slick article that seems untouchable; I'm sure Lemonite feels the same way if Rush Limbaugh posts some thoughtful douche-tasms on EIB.

We won't solve the world's problems in here. Civil debate is great. satire is fun. Commentary makes us think. But posting "the better article" does not "elevate" any of us above the rest of us!

~U2Alabama

unless of course it is autobiographical and ignored by most everyone

then it is truly better

and i am offended, so i will go back to my compound now and load some more shell casings!

Great sentiments Bama, I am always reminded of a quote of our very own 'Holy John' here in interference... 'Real Life does not occur in this Forum'.. And this is the exact truth.. some of us try to reach others in our own style and manner, others use this place as a stream of consciousness locale for writing, and still others just use this as our Por-To-John and home for refuse.. But that's okay.. Only because I say it is.

And Z Edge.. I enjoyed the autobiographical.. many people like to sit and comment on things as they are saddling up an Idealistic Bronco which immediately places them above the anyone and everyone else who dares to encroach on this bubble of blindness, but what can you do.. I'm sure they say the same about us enlightened folk...

But with that I guess I head out.. It's 1 AM, I haven't a joke to say, but then again, it may just be because I'm out of toilet paper.

Chilin,
L. Unplugged

Lemonite said:

But with that I guess I head out.. It's 1 AM, I haven't a joke to say, but then again, it may just be because I'm out of toilet paper.

Chilin,
L. Unplugged

I seriously doubt it

Drinkin,
Ze- Plugged in

diamond said:
And I cant keep carrying this forum..
sheesh.
DB9:mad: :ohmy: :lol: :wink:

Brother Diamond
DId I mention to you that I bought a lava lamp for my new office?

I was just watching the lava balls form and rise to the top and merge with other lava balls. Then they would float back down to the bottom and re-form, then rise back to the top again.

Well, I watched this one ball and I named it Earth because it took in like 5 other smaller lava balls and it has remained intact, only bigger.

I did not see any dinosaur bones in my lamp though.

HOO
HAH
:wink:

late

z edge said:
I was just watching the lava balls form and rise to the top and merge with other lava balls. Then they would float back down to the bottom and re-form, then rise back to the top again.

late

This made me Euphoric.. Seriously.. This sentence or two is absolutely the most poetic piece of prose I've ever read. Damn..

I've never heard them referred to as lava balls.. As I read it I slipped into some sort of swirling abyss only to be jerkedly torqued up and into some sort of roller coaster.

I love lava lamps,
L.Unplugged

Well they are only $17, so go slap that $17 down...

Slap it down right there at the Wal-Mart

Perhaps Bro-Daimond also has a :heart: for lava lamps

Ze-
(my lava lamp) is plugged in;)

Since I'm the one who's posted commentary by Michael Moore and Gore Vidal, I assume that at least 50% of this topic was directed at me.

All I have to say is that I listen to all points of view and that the reason I post Moore's, Vidal's, and other "wackos" as I've heard them called, is because their opinions are almost always shut out of television, radio, and internet forums.

I never said they symbolized 'The Holy Trinity', nor did I give off that impression. I think Buckley, Limbaugh, Will and the kind have plenty of important stances that I agree with. True, I wouldn't say I support them as much as those of Nader, Moore, Vidal, and Chomsky, but I do nevertheless.

Danospano said:

All I have to say is that I listen to all points of view and that the reason I post Moore's, Vidal's, and other "wackos" as I've heard them called, is because their opinions are almost always shut out of television, radio, and internet forums.

I wonder why they are shut out of tv, radio, and int. forums??

Here's your answer: They are shut out of the "corporate owned" media sources because they commonly expose their faults. You know that all three of these men berate the illegal practices of all major corporate conglomerates, so why do you need ME to answer this question.
Ah, well....I suppose what you're HOPING most of us will believe it that the reason is based on the fact that they are "Wackos", right? Well, if you keep telling people to ignore their conspiratory notions, you might suceed. I wouldn't count on it.

Danospano said:
Here's your answer: They are shut out of the "corporate owned" media sources because they commonly expose their faults. You know that all three of these men berate the illegal practices of all major corporate conglomerates, so why do you need ME to answer this question.
Ah, well....I suppose what you're HOPING most of us will believe it that the reason is based on the fact that they are "Wackos", right? Well, if you keep telling people to ignore their conspiratory notions, you might suceed. I wouldn't count on it.

No, I was just hoping your answer would be because you believed they ARE Infallible;)

Danospano said:
I never said they symbolized 'The Holy Trinity', nor did I give off that impression. I think Buckley, Limbaugh, Will and the kind have plenty of important stances that I agree with. True, I wouldn't say I support them as much as those of Nader, Moore, Vidal, and Chomsky, but I do nevertheless.

Plenty of important stances you agree with?

NAME THEM.

AChung Baby, These conservative extremists are good for one thing. Bringing out the faults of their "enemies" on the left. Because they expose the dirty truth on the 'other commanding American political party" I think they make good. They also give me a well-rounded opinion due to their stances on the environment, corporations, economics, wellfare, etc etc.

Everyone must watch Moores movie "The Big One"
damn funny
and very eye-opening!!

Basstrap said:
Everyone must watch Moores movie "The Big One"
damn funny
and very eye-opening!!

I just saw it on cable the other night.

Bama, you make good points as always.

Back
Top Bottom