GOP to change rules...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
GOP Pushes Rule Change to Protect DeLay's Post

Wed Nov 17, 9:28 AM ET

By Charles Babington, Washington Post Staff Writer

House Republicans proposed changing their rules last night to allow members indicted by state grand juries to remain in a leadership post, a move that would benefit Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) in case he is charged by a Texas grand jury that has indicted three of his political associates, according to GOP leaders.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1803&e=1&u=/washpost/a54572_2004nov16

I'm so glad droves of people came out to vote for the "moral" party. This is discusting.

Greed Over Principle.

This pisses me off, and it's got nothing to do with DeLay being a Republican. It has everything to do with him being a possible crook. I mean, hey, you play by the rules, I don't care who you are. Damn. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

And this was one of the first calls to action in the new session. I think everyone who voted strictly on "morals" should ask for their vote back.

Great thread - :applaud:

It IS disappointing that the Republican Party, who always stood on their "moral values", has decided to lower their standards of conduct by allowing Congresspeople who have been indicted of wrongdoing to still hold important positions of power in Congress and in their party! :tsk:

It does seem HYPOCRITICAL to criticize others for their perceived shortcomings while overlooking your own.

What makes me sad is that I'm sure Democrats would do the same. Of course I say that as a registered democrat...nevertheless, the issue is still at hand. The Republicans should not be able to get away with this. Clinton lied...he didn't change the rules

Back
Top Bottom